Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2013, 02:00 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

I went for a torchlight tour of Fremantle Prison, built in 1851 by convicts it's notorious as one of the most haunted buildings in Australia. I've also been to Port Arthur and the Old Melbourne Goal, as well as several other haunted places, but have never experienced or witnessed anything supernatural.

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 09:50 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,601 times
Roosevelt Hotel, Hollywood, CA. Beautiful place, very well known haunt of the famous and infamous.

Marilyn Monroe's spirit is said to be very present in one of the rooms there where she stayed frequently. We had heard that the mirror that used to be in that room was now on the lower floor of the hotel, just as you step off the elevator to your left. My husband and I decided to check it out. We asked at the desk and were directed towards the elevator and were warned that is was "quite creepy down there".

We went down, the mirror was there, almost floor to ceiling in size. I stepped in front of it and was really checking it out, felt kind of a calm come over me. Didn't see anything odd happening or see her reflection as some have said, but the next thing I knew, my husband was standing behind me shaking my arm and calling my name. He said he was trying to "snap me out" of whatever was going on and was yelling to me for about five minutes and I finally "came back". I didn't hear him, or anything. He had taken a a couple of photos of me standing there. I also took one of just the mirror. In one of the pictures of me there is a long gold shape to the side of the mirror. Not a reflection, no flash was used, and the next one showed nothing, I was in the same position. The one I took from a different angle also had the same thing, same place.

No explanation for any of it. My husband was completely freaked out, I was fine. As I said, I felt calm and peaceful for whatever reason. This was also in the days before digital. I had an awesome 35mm camera and I rarely used the flash and it was not used for these pictures. I have all of my photos packed away and wish I could find it to post here to see what everyone thinks. We were shocked when we got the pictures back. We asked thinking it was possibly a processing thing, but it was actually in the picture.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
last time in new orleans while on a tour of haunted areas and near a famous cemetary,the horse carrying our carriage stopped suddenly and refused to go on while the driver was trying to urge them(there were 2)on--i felt eyes upon me and turned to see an elderly well dressed man standing next to the carriage saying come see me me--he was carrying a large intrically carved walking stick with symbols serpants,and a skull--freaked me out--inwardly said god get us out of here---horses then started up and totally stopped again near cafe dumonde----felt someone near and again that same man(he would have had to get in a nearby car and followed us---he just grinned at me--i called silently to god to get us moving and we did
by now i was so scared--so i got off at the next attraction(near the garden district) walked back with my family to mid restaurant area--picked the first cafe with music,sat down near band(looked around first)
as soon as my family member got up to place a drink,food order--i feel a tap at my back----yep--it was the man with the cane---=
this time he said--come with me--i want to talk to you----i blessed myself--said i am not interested----grabbed the remaining family member and bolted out of that cafe---
when i immediately grabbed the guy placing our order to look at this old man and tell him to leave me alone---he was nowhere to be seen in that tiny cafe----we were at the only enterance---so unless he went out the back door where did he go
none of my family members noticed him coming up to me the other 2 times????

Old 05-25-2013, 06:06 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,404,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
last time in new orleans while on a tour of haunted areas and near a famous cemetary,the horse carrying our carriage stopped suddenly and refused to go on while the driver was trying to urge them(there were 2)on--i felt eyes upon me and turned to see an elderly well dressed man standing next to the carriage saying come see me me--he was carrying a large intrically carved walking stick with symbols serpants,and a skull--freaked me out--inwardly said god get us out of here---horses then started up and totally stopped again near cafe dumonde----felt someone near and again that same man(he would have had to get in a nearby car and followed us---he just grinned at me--i called silently to god to get us moving and we did
by now i was so scared--so i got off at the next attraction(near the garden district) walked back with my family to mid restaurant area--picked the first cafe with music,sat down near band(looked around first)
as soon as my family member got up to place a drink,food order--i feel a tap at my back----yep--it was the man with the cane---=
this time he said--come with me--i want to talk to you----i blessed myself--said i am not interested----grabbed the remaining family member and bolted out of that cafe---
when i immediately grabbed the guy placing our order to look at this old man and tell him to leave me alone---he was nowhere to be seen in that tiny cafe----we were at the only enterance---so unless he went out the back door where did he go

Me thinks the cab driver had an "arrangement" with the cafes he "stopped" in front of. The creepy guy was probably trying to take you somewhere to pick your pockets. At the very least, the cafe got some business. They played you for some fun and profit!

Old 05-25-2013, 07:37 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,555,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post

The horses stopping in front of cafes may be common place to promote business.

Knowing your history with spirits, if you said you saw them, I believe it. eerrie. Stay away from ghost tours.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:52 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
We had a couple of different experiences in one night at the Palace Hotel in Port Townsend, WA.When we were there we had no idea it was said to be haunted, but researched it the next day after reading comments in the guest book from others that had similar experiences. The article below came out a year later. We were in room 306.

Local News | Old Port Townsend hotels known for ghosts | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 05-27-2013, 09:31 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,086,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Me thinks the cab driver had an "arrangement" with the cafes he "stopped" in front of. The creepy guy was probably trying to take you somewhere to pick your pockets. At the very least, the cafe got some business. They played you for some fun and profit!
what creeped me out was i was the one to choose the first stop(marie lavoux cemetary) and cut my tour short when i got off at the garden district and picked out the cafe on the way back to our hotel at random

Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM

254 posts, read 436,439 times
Had something interesting that happened in Williamsburg, VA. While on a ghost tour, there were 2 families who weren't with us that were looking at a pic on a digital camera. A young girl about 8 yo, took a picture and on the screen was a figure of a man from the waist up in clothes from the 1800's. You could see right thru him. Very freaky. Happened while we were 100' away. We took pics as well, but captured nothing.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:21 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Default Anyone experienced anything weird in famous haunted places?

Every time I've visited the Queen Mary, Whaley House or Winchester house money has mysteriously disappeared from my pocket.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,087 times
I went to the Myrtles Plantation in Louisiana and the only unexplained thing I saw when I slept in the caretaker's cottage was how the cottage I stayed in could be such a dump!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal