U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 08:48 PM

15,849 posts, read 32,126,149 times

Advertisements

I have had two done. In both cases I was not convinced that the psychic was gifted. In most cases, I think, they are just very empathetic and are just guessing. Lots of times, too, they just tell people what they want to hear.

20yrsinBranson
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:12 AM

519 posts, read 70,164 times
I have always had "gifts" which in the beginning were more of a "Deja Vu" sort of occurrence. From my childhood dreams would come insights into areas a child usually wouldn't understand.

But then after dying at the hospital in 1973, and having an altogether mind blowing Near Death Experience, I emerged with many more psychic gifts of increasing intensity. During my NDE, I was asked what did I want? I said, "Wisdom and the knowledge to know what to do with it". Well I received that over the years, along with a tremendous amount of information on a wide variety of subjects, some quite controversial. My psychic gifts include readings of course, but also remote viewing, and communicating with other psychics anywhere they may be. I have extremely fine tuned concentration and meditation techniques which I use to help others in emotional areas of their lives.
Through positive imaging I have had some limited successes lessening or eliminating pains and maladies in others, whether they are near or around the world. I can "see" what most people have hidden deep within. And I can give names, dates, places, and sometimes full color descriptions of events pertinent to the one being read.
The thing is, MOST so-called psychics are fake. Their main purpose is relieving the one being "read" of their money, rather than helping to relieve them of some of their worries.
In nearly 40 years of giving readings, I have NEVER charged a penny. My gifts come from the Creator, and all I ask is that the person being read thank the Creator as they normally would in their prayers or meditations. My accuracy rate is above average, usually 70%-80% correct, although I only read someone who has given their permission to be read, and I ask they be quiet and passive during my reading. I often have my eyes shut during the reading to limit my interruptions. And I won't read just anyone anyway, unless the Creator has a message for them.
My aura is electric emerald green with blazing blues and streaks of purple...for those of you who see such things.

I am the real deal, all honor and glory to the Creator.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,647,111 times
I use to and kinda still do. But it occurred to me that my readings are a result of my emotions/desires at the moment. So if I'm happy and I ask a question about my relationship, for example, I'll get good news. And if I'm down and feeling insecure and ask the same question, I'll get the same results. It also depends on the reader and I realize that they can act kind of like a lens on a camera. Depending on the angle they look at, they can get a different picture or through whatever filter they might get another picture, etc. So it's kind of just whatever to me at this point.

I'd like to have another reading one day...but I don't have any good questions. I'm okay winging life these days.

Old 10-27-2013, 10:06 PM

1,871 posts, read 1,818,419 times
I have always been curious about getting a psychic reading. The only problem is I have a terrible poker face. I recently visited a great aunt to celebrate her 89th Birthday. She told us a story of visiting a psychic when she was younger. Sounded like a crazy story and maybe she was stretching the truth. One of the things the psychic said she would live to 110. Maybe she will. Maybe one day just for fun I will go and visit a psychic. I will post back if it ever happens. This section of City Data is really fascinating. The whole unexplained.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:11 PM

23 posts, read 24,307 times
Some are good some are not, some are honest some are phonies, some are more accurate than others. Some are biased, some are objective. As in ANY field, this is true.

Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 AM

973 posts, read 1,314,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I really don't believe in this stuff...that being said, for some odd reason, I can't explain, I did have two separate psychic readings, and both were dead on...it was amazing. And very insightful...

So, will I have another one? I don't know...I don't seek them, it just randomly occurs...
I think this is the best way. I think psychics who advertise, and most who take money, are fake.

A friend of a friend of one my relatives was a "psychic". He ended up going to a funeral for another relative and he was acting like he was in Disney World and doing "readings" and making appointments. The stuff he said was true, but it was mostly very old things that he either Googled or was told by his friend who knew our family. A funny aside this guy actually took in my relative's friend in the late 2000s. He ended up stealing money and her belongings and moving away.

Old 02-08-2014, 12:57 PM

67,768 posts, read 63,239,654 times
I've slept with the book under my pillow, but I still didn't know what it said when I woke up.

Oh...that's not what you meant, sorry. ; )

Old 02-08-2014, 02:41 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,835,318 times
I've been to a handful in my lifetime. I usually have a "test" or trick question that they must answer unknowingly to them to prove they are legit. Several hit it, spot on and right out of the blue too. It was interesting.

Old 02-08-2014, 02:46 PM

2,920 posts, read 5,099,071 times
I've been to a couple that were very good, & a couple, not so much. One was, in fact, spectacular. No advertising, strictly word of mouth. She would always include a cassette tape of the reading, & ended up quite well known prior to her death years ago. RIP, Vella.

Old 02-08-2014, 04:26 PM

6,191 posts, read 16,479,947 times
I got a psychic reading on a whim at a county fair abut ten years ago during a confusing time of my life and the woman was so accurate and specific it really took me aback. I am very much a skeptic about such things but her accuracy took me by surprise. I assumed she was just a very empathic and intuitive individual.

A couple of years ago a friend asked me if I wanted a reading by a local well-known "psychic" at a group reading and the cost was substantial - like $150 per person. Also she insisted on full name, DOB and other information first....so that one was clearly a scam and I declined.

Basically I think psychic readings and the like are scams and/or intuitive and clever individuals, but I'm willing to keep my mind open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal