U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 12:47 AM

87,982 posts, read 81,878,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I've been to a couple that were very good, & a couple, not so much. One was, in fact, spectacular. No advertising, strictly word of mouth. She would always include a cassette tape of the reading, & ended up quite well known prior to her death years ago. RIP, Vella.
The word-of-mouth ones are the best, ime.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 01:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,252 times
My psychic so kind. She listened to me and never judged me which one most important part.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:03 AM

5,510 posts, read 3,957,760 times
I have always wanted one but I am always a skeptic. I know there are "real" ones out there and there are fakes-and it is hard to tell which one is which.

About 11 years ago, I was helping out a fund raiser. They had a local woman who was giving "free" readings-but asked for a donation-to the cause. I figured that was worth the shot. At this time, my mind was very much occupied with an upcoming event-namely my wedding. Even though this woman knew me, she didn't know me well enough to know the details of my life. I never once mentioned the wedding and neither did she. She did say some vague things which could be true.

Weeks later when I was looking for someone to make my wedding dress, someone suggested her so I contacted her. She then said to me, "I don't know why I didn't see your wedding when I gave you a reading."

I don't think she is a fraud or anything like that, I just think she isn't as psychic as she thinks she is.

Cat

Old 07-06-2014, 07:23 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,408,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
A couple of years ago a friend asked me if I wanted a reading by a local well-known "psychic" at a group reading and the cost was substantial - like $150 per person. Also she insisted on full name, DOB and other information first....so that one was clearly a scam and I declined.

Basically I think psychic readings and the like are scams and/or intuitive and clever individuals, but I'm willing to keep my mind open.
A good psychic will sometimes ask for a first name, just to focus in. They should never need to ask for a full name. That's a red flag.

As far as a birthdate, some psychics are astrologers too and use astrology in their reading. That's not really a red flag.

I talk to psychics all the time with great results. The last two even told me what I do for a living, and what I do is not something that could be generally guessed at.

Old 07-06-2014, 07:27 PM

61,305 posts, read 79,653,207 times
you will get a truck load of 1/2 truths some of which will be useful but ultimately not change the fact that you must live your life. the fact that you have tendencies does not mean you must live out those tendencies. but psychics get paid to point them out.

Old 07-07-2014, 01:52 PM

859 posts, read 534,946 times
I don't know exactly about these concepts that some members here use it frequently and in another topics , too. such as " cold reading, warm reading "
But, According to my understanding to this issue.
Maybe I can say there are two kinds of psychic people :
people who dealing with "Gin" it's possible to give an accurate info about a person. Because it said those creatures "Gin" had ability more than us "humans". But not always can give and not every thing. It depends on some factors.
The second kind : people who don't deal with Gin at all , but got some ability to know about person background or some things that happened due to their pure soul.
I do believe the second one. But those usually don't take this as a career.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:33 PM

251 posts, read 256,337 times
The readings I received from a select few were very accurate. I've gotten a Rune reading, Tarot reading, and Stone reading. I even done readings on myself. The only thing that NEVER come true in any reading about me is love. For years that keep popping up and I never meet anyone who's interested in me. It's usually wrong when it comes to money too, sometimes I do get a small amount of unexpected money which is usually under $20. Now when it says i'll lose money, it's ALWAYS on point.

Old 07-17-2014, 07:00 PM

10,146 posts, read 18,623,785 times
I recently saw a psychic and she read the cards. It was interesting and pretty much on target and the fascinating thing to me was that I went in in a very bad mental place and came out feeling better somehow. Anyway, many of the things she said about my present life were very much on target and she got the timeframe right for many of the big stressful events that have occurred over the past 7 years or so. She did make a prediction that I thought was interesting--within 3 months I will be in love with 2 men! Come to think of it though, she did not mention whether they'd be in love with me.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:09 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,472,358 times
I have tried but sadly nothing was right about what was said about me or anything at all that was going on in my life. I know though that there are people out there who have this gift and are true psychics..
Recently I have been looking for someone to communicate with one of my dogs that has passed on, and I found a guy who sounds like he might be for real. I plan on calling him this weekend so I will see. I hope he's not just another scammer.
I must admit that even though I believe there are people out there who can do this I am very skeptical because I once worked with a woman who went on to do tarot readings/psychic readings just to make some "easy" money (that is how she described it). She was an unethical, greedy person and admitted to not believing in this "kind of stuff", but was willing to do it just for the money.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,386,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've received two psychic reading after my first true love committed suicide when I was 24 years old.
Both reading were amazingly accurate.

I've done some research on my own and realized that some of the psychics used a technique called "cold reading" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

Do you believe psychic reading? How accurate do you think these readings are?
Oh yeah. I have a cousin that has written a few books and is a top astrologer ( her books are on Amazon and can be downloaded to Kindle I think) so I got the half price family deal.. but she was always off in her readings with me. I am very hard to read anyway.. She told me a little about my personality but basically said I was as psychic as she was.. so ... that was it. About all I really learned was that I was triple fire sign.. Sun Moon are in Leo and I have a Sag rising. SO, I have a lot of fire there. I am also a leader. So, is it a gift? I think everyone has gifts..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal