Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 04:41 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times

Advertisements

I somehow missed Paranormal Witness before last Wednesday. I sat and watched two episodes back-to-back and am hooked.

I taped this week's show and watched it yesterday. Damn scary to know that you unleashed a demon in your basement.

I enjoy the drama shows, but I also enjoy the ones that aren't... Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures to name a couple. The only thing I truly hate about these two shows is the music they insist we have to have for dramatic effect. GAWD but it drives me batty; especially when someone says, "Did you hear that?", and the music is all we can hear. I would prefer they tape the show and avoid adding music to the final cut.
Also, it would be nice if we could actually SEE what they see, instead of seeing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM

207 posts, read 336,227 times
I love A Haunting, something scary about the narrator's voice (lol) and the reannactments are scarier than shows like Ghost Hunters, or My Ghost Story or any of the 100 other one's. I've never seen Paranormal Witness but I just put a series recording on it. If the same people who like A Haunting like that one too, then it has to be good!! Thanks all for the info, and happy haunting!!!

Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
I somehow missed Paranormal Witness before last Wednesday. I sat and watched two episodes back-to-back and am hooked.

I taped this week's show and watched it yesterday. Damn scary to know that you unleashed a demon in your basement.

I enjoy the drama shows, but I also enjoy the ones that aren't... Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures to name a couple. The only thing I truly hate about these two shows is the music they insist we have to have for dramatic effect. GAWD but it drives me batty; especially when someone says, "Did you hear that?", and the music is all we can hear. I would prefer they tape the show and avoid adding music to the final cut.
Also, it would be nice if we could actually SEE what they see, instead of seeing them.
That one made me jump and yelp TWICE -- I never do that with these shows. I think they raised the bar with that one...

Old 06-09-2013, 01:04 PM

145 posts, read 358,632 times
I just watched Season 2 Episode 7 of Paranormal Witness and I must say that A Haunting's episode on this story, A Haunting in Connecticut was way better even though they had the same events, in Paranormal Witness they are missing many stuff that happened.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:14 PM

BTW here is an interview of the family who experienced the Connecticut haunting

Old 06-09-2013, 02:17 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,618 times
I love Ghost Adventures especially when you can hear the voices on the recordings! creepy!

Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell82 View Post
I love A Haunting, something scary about the narrator's voice (lol) and the reannactments are scarier than shows like Ghost Hunters, or My Ghost Story or any of the 100 other one's. I've never seen Paranormal Witness but I just put a series recording on it. If the same people who like A Haunting like that one too, then it has to be good!! Thanks all for the info, and happy haunting!!!
yeah, the narrator's voice, lol, that's the guy you wouldn't want to tell a scary story at a camp fire

Old 06-09-2013, 04:16 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,099,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
I have 2 which are my favorite. I bought episodes of them, on DVD and on Amazon video. A Haunting from Discovery Channel and Paranormal Witness.
My wife and I like both of these as well, though we both agree that Paranormal Witness is the superior offering. We also like My Ghost Story and Ghostly Encounters. We're huge suckers for this kind of thing.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:14 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
yeah, the narrator's voice, lol, that's the guy you wouldn't want to tell a scary story at a camp fire
Oh, man, Brok -- when I was growing up in Pittsburgh PA, there was a "talk" show on KDKA called Party Line. Ed and Wendy King were the hosts. It was so different than today's talk shows -- in this, the caller would call in talk to Ed and Wendy and they would relay the information to the audience and talk -- really old fashioned and wonderful. I went to sleep with them each night.

But the best part -- in September they would ask people to write in with their own ghost stories and Ed, with his deep melodious voice would read them throughout October. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.... some of them are burned into my memory. Like the one where the little girl was missing her late grandmother one snowy winter's night, and she heard tapping on her second floor bedroom window, and there was grandma, looking in at her and smiling... Her parents refused to believe her, but that next morning there was a small roof leak and her father had to go up on the roof to repair it. There in the snow, over her window, were the prints of small high button boots, just like grandma used to wear....

Ed died suddenly and Party Line was retired. I don't know why, but Wendy refused to allow access to the recordings.... I know those stories would sell... I'd buy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal