U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 09:31 PM

35,173 posts, read 22,581,350 times

Advertisements

It is very comforting to know that our lost loved ones are still with us..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM

5,788 posts, read 4,503,756 times
Before she died, my paternal grandmother told us kids that if there was a way to do so, she'd send us a message from the other side. She never did, but I had a recurring dream after her death that she had come back but in the process something had happened to her vocal chords and she was unable to speak to us. A few years later, my father died suddenly at the age of 51 just after Christmas, and the night he died I was living with my college girlfriend about a hundred miles from my home town. There was freezing rain, and I told my girlfriend that it was almost as though the rain was trying to tell me something (when JFK was assassinated in 1963, I was eating lunch in my high-school cafeteria and there was a freezing rain hitting the windows; at that time, I also had a premonition that something bad was about to happen ... an hour or so later they announced the president had been shot). In the middle of the night the phone rang, and I wouldn't answer it. My girlfriend answered it and told me my father had died of a massive heart attack. Hundreds of miles away, my brother was returning to Arizona with his wife after the holidays, and saw a mourning dove by the side of the road. He had a bad feeling and found a pay phone (this was 1972, long before the advent of cellular phones), and called back home to find our father had died.

After the funeral, my mother and my siblings went to have dinner at a Chinese restaurant. After the meal, our mother opened her fortune cookie, said "oh, my God!" and dropped the message. It said (no joke) "Do not despair; he is well" ... which to me seems like a very odd thing to put in a fortune cookie.

One of my sisters died in the late 90s after a long illness; my family gathered at her bedside, and after a week she was still lingering so my brother announced he had to return to work. As he was approaching the elevator on the hospital floor, a vending machine in a niche next to the elevators malfunctioned with an electrical short, and they locked the elevator out of fear of a fire. My brother returned to my sister's bedside, and less than an hour later, she died. When she died, I had a sense of the room filling with her "essence" or "soul" then dissipating. My siblings all experienced a sense of presence; one of them as I recall said it was as though she were walking away, but into a different direction or dimension than we ordinarily experience.

Could it all be dreams, coincidences, and imagination? Sure. It could also be that people, things, and events are connected in a deep sense at the quantum level ... "I have no doubt that in reality the future will be vastly more surprising than anything I can imagine. Now my own suspicion is that the Universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose." -- J.B.S. Haldane

Old 07-05-2013, 01:18 AM

4,531 posts, read 4,025,295 times
I used to be a spiritualist for many years, and regularly went to the little church with the medium giving messages out from 'loved ones'. I still dont know what to believe after all these years. I think some of those messages were reading of people's energy fields and - if you think about it - there is nothing which we know which cannot be retrieved by a skillful medium if we allow it. Therefore, I take what they say with a pinch of salt since if I know it, the medium (or spirit) can find it out from me.

I would prefer to find out myself by actually going on a spiritual journey and learning how these things work, then I would KNOW (in my heart) what was correct and what happened. Then I would not need to ask others or be told by religion.

I think that when you leave here, you feel the attachments of Earth dropping away and so it is not that they cease to think of you, but that it has less influence on their current thinking.

It also all assumes that a brother in this life is only going to be a brother forever, but I believe that your brother this life, may have been your sister or wife in another life. It does alter your beliefs if you think this way. The book Illusions by Richard Bach about a reluctant messiah is a really good read and explains a lot.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:34 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,577,148 times
True story: about a year [at least] before my dad died, I was visiting my parents and we got into the discussion of is there life after death, is there a way to communicate after death, etc. Both of my parents were very sensible and pragmatic people, non-judgmental but nonetheless sensible and pragmatic [smile]. I asked them when that time came, down the road, would they please give me a sign that they were fine, etc. BUT, nothing really scary [smile]. After some semi-joking around, my dad asked me what I wanted him to do - I said 'play the piano' and he smiled, said okay [and no doubt, more than likely, said it to appease me-smile].

Over a year later, my dad died [Nov] and I really did not think about our conversation. The following summer [I think it was end of July, maybe early Aug], I came home to find my 10 yr old son sitting in the living room quietly; my then SO sitting on the couch, very quietly. I asked what was going on and my SO said, someone is in the house, go look; I looked at him like he was nuts asking why did I have to look since he was in the house. Then my son said 'and it played the piano'. I looked at them both like they were nuts - I said what do you mean 'it' played the piano and my son said the piano played. I said, it was probably just very hot and sticky and/or maybe a little mouse or something had gotten into the back of the piano and my son said, no, someone played the piano and the keys went up and down for a very quick quick time.

All of a sudden I almost dropped - I remembered my conversation w/my dad I did not say: I want to hear you play the piano .... -- I said play the piano.

Whose to say...

Old 07-07-2013, 11:04 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,738,457 times
I was reminded of a 'dream' I had about a week after my SO had been killed.
I was in a large green valley with rolling hills. I was actually on top on one of the hills, but larger hills around me so there was no view outside of the valley. There was a single oak tree and there stood my SO. He came to me and we hugged. I could feel him. He did not speak to me but directed my attention to a scene happening below.
There was a shack and two men where sheering sheep. The sheep where flame colored. By this I mean, you know how sheep wool gets dirty and the outside is darker than the inside, the flame color was this gradation of yellow, orange and red. After they wool was removed from the sheep, the wool was put into a dryer.

I'm typically really good about understanding dreams, however I am sure my emotional state was a bit of a hinderance. It would not be until later when someone told me something about the people my SO worked and lived with. I suspected that they had something to do with his death. The main person involved is an Aries. In astrology, Aries is the Ram (sheep) and Aries is a Fire sign. I was still a bit confussed and curious about the second man in my dream (I only could see figures and not faces from a distance. It would not be until the trial that I found that the second person was also a Fire sign. He was not an Aries, but his roll was much like a sheep. He had been suckered and cornered into being an accomplice and when it came to the trial, the main guy tried to say it was mostly this other guy, in essence 'hanging him out to dry'.

So it appears that I had been shown who was responsible and what their rolls had been.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:30 PM

2,321 posts, read 2,279,270 times
Quote:
the flame color was this gradation of yellow, orange and red. After they wool was removed from the sheep, the wool was put into a dryer.
This is fascinating, especially the way you've already figured out what part of this means. Makes sense to me. I think the sheep being "flame-colored" was your SO telling you, "This sheep was angry." And putting the wool in the dryer could mean literally "drying him out," as in getting off alcohol, if he had been involved with that or something.

Then, I thought about the sheep in Chinese astrology and wondered if any of the birth years might correspond to your SO or the angry sheep who had to dry out:/ Chinese Zodiac - The Creative Sheep, Personality Traits

Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,738,457 times
Figuring out the dream took a long time and parts still puzzle me. I pondered the dream often for a long time.
Both my SO and I are sheep/goat in Chinese astrology. I'm 67, he was January 68. The signs do not change until February.
I cannot be certain of the birth year of the main guy, the Aries, but it is possible he could also be a sheep. I know that at the time of the murder he was 19 or 20, and I'm thinking 20 because a year after the murder, he came into the bar (I was the bartender) and knowing he was not of age last year, I checked his ID. However, in my shaken state, I may have not done the math right. It had been told before the murder that he had a fake ID, but I was not bartending at that time so I did not care much, but I remembered that later.
Alcohol was a tool used by the main guy to coerce the other guy to help. The way it went was, "Come over and play cards, we have beer and whiskey". Well into the drinking and the card game the main guy started in with his 'evidence' and the need for some good ol boy backwoods justice. And so it went.

Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM

19,345 posts, read 14,820,533 times
My uncle (my buddy in past lifes) comes around.
I always know when he drops in bec in CO I will suddenly smell
the ocean and seagulls. I get teary and talk to him.
But this last time I was in an emotional tizzy about a relationship...
You should have seen my face when he infused my mind as to why
the turmoil was happening...how obvious, but of course!
Bingo!

But all the others are doin their thang...they don't bother with me...they know I'm ok
and don't need any drop ins.

Old 07-08-2013, 08:49 PM

19,284 posts, read 25,827,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is very comforting to know that our lost loved ones are still with us..
i hope they respect our privacy

Old 07-10-2013, 03:23 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 9,260,724 times
Only in my dreams but never in my awake state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal