U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Warren, OH
2,747 posts, read 3,643,903 times
Reputation: 6497

Advertisements

When my first wife died I was cleaning out the attic. She was a little bit of a hoarder.

I complained out loud that the had so much junk up there.

Seconds later, while walking down the narrow attic stairs. I felt a push on my back and I stumbled down the next few stairs.

Haven't heard from her since!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
 
2,053 posts, read 3,687,343 times
Reputation: 2070
If a loved one doesn't have to be human, then yes ... VISITATIONS and SIGNS, from deceased felines ?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 92,430,992 times
Reputation: 40033
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It is very comforting to know that our lost loved ones are still with us..
Yes it is

Some of these stories are so amazing, and very interesting!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,246 posts, read 92,430,992 times
Reputation: 40033
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
After my grandma died, she visited me in a dream, in her younger, healthier self, took me to this beautiful place that I remember describing as heaven (bright, pearly, just a lot of light and light feelings) and played games with me. She introduced me to her older brother who died when he was 7 (he still looked like a kid my age at the time) and we all played and she just made me feel...safe. She always had that ability.

Anyways I woke up and my aunt who slept with me that night to comfort me told me that in my sleep I jumped up, raised my hands in the air and yelled, "OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PLACE THIS IS!!!!!!!!!" And then laid back down. So I told her the dream. I told her about the little boy and my family looked shocked because they couldn't understand how I knew her older brother.

Anyways, that dream was the entire reason I didn't cry at my grandmother's funeral and why I didn't fear death. Everyone else was crying and I was confused. My grandmother was the happiest I had seen her in all my life because she was in paradise with people she loved and who loved her. Nothing could be better.

In addition, her children, my mother and uncle, who were in another country at the time of her death knew she had passed away long before we called them because that night they heard a continuous knock coming from their apartment door. Incessant, it wouldn't stop. So they went to the door to open it and when they did, no one was there but the knocking on the door continued incessantly and seemingly from inside the door. So they realized what was going on and said, "Good bye mom" And the knocking stopped.

Nothing seemed more natural. She always had a very strong spirit and prophecy, dreams, and astral travel weren't unusual for her, especially coming closer to her passing. Just talking about her now makes me feel like she's drawing nearer. I love her so much.


Like so many here I have had two "visits" and know about another that happened to my sister.

All 3 of these were in broad daylight, so no one was dreaming

I think it's a wonderful gift when right after a death our loved ones sometimes visit to comfort us.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 03-18-2014 at 01:42 PM..
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:32 PM
 
6,652 posts, read 7,383,266 times
Reputation: 3529
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My ex boyfriend passed away a little over four years ago. Four months after, I saw a gold/red colored orb in my bedroom. Without going into details, I just want to ask how many of you have received "signs" after your loved one passed away?

Thanks
I'll say straight away I do not believe in ghosts. So, what my sister and I saw I'm not sure. My mother passed, I left town to travel to her home, so did my sister and brother. We all live several miles apart. Afterwards we all went back to our homes and it was at home I did see an orange orb in my windowless dark basement a couple days after arriving home. I saw a light shining up from the floor reaching the ceiling. I stood up and the light vanished. I then got to thinking how damn strange that was. Living in that house for 20 years I knew damn well no light should have been located at that spot. I asked my brother if he saw anything strange the reply was no. I then called my sister who explained that on her way home, she saw a ball of light in her SUV. When she returned a month later to my mothers house she saw the light again leaving her home, never to be seen again by me or her.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2013, 02:42 PM
 
1,891 posts, read 1,052,897 times
Reputation: 2895
Whether any particular person gets a "sign" of some sort or another, I think depends on 1) whether the deceased person is somehow able to send such a message from the "other side" and 2) whether the still-living person is able to receive it. I think this kind of two-way communication is a huge variable.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
35,173 posts, read 22,588,134 times
Reputation: 13806
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
I'll say straight away I do not believe in ghosts. So, what my sister and I saw I'm not sure. My mother passed, I left town to travel to her home, so did my sister and brother. We all live several miles apart. Afterwards we all went back to our homes and it was at home I did see an orange orb in my windowless dark basement a couple days after arriving home. I saw a light shining up from the floor reaching the ceiling. I stood up and the light vanished. I then got to thinking how damn strange that was. Living in that house for 20 years I knew damn well no light should have been located at that spot. I asked my brother if he saw anything strange the reply was no. I then called my sister who explained that on her way home, she saw a ball of light in her SUV. When she returned a month later to my mothers house she saw the light again leaving her home, never to be seen again by me or her.

very comforting to know you've experienced something like that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2013, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Newport Beach, California
35,173 posts, read 22,588,134 times
Reputation: 13806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Whether any particular person gets a "sign" of some sort or another, I think depends on 1) whether the deceased person is somehow able to send such a message from the "other side" and 2) whether the still-living person is able to receive it. I think this kind of two-way communication is a huge variable.
yes!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2013, 12:19 PM
 
2,321 posts, read 2,280,050 times
Reputation: 3845
Quote:
Whether any particular person gets a "sign" of some sort or another, I think depends on 1) whether the deceased person is somehow able to send such a message from the "other side" and 2) whether the still-living person is able to receive it. I think this kind of two-way communication is a huge variable.
I totally agree with this, too. I have a feeling they're everywhere; even those who don't know us, but if our personal receiver is bad, we just can't pick them up. I can't, and all my life I've wanted to see a ghost because I have a very strong feeling they are there.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2013, 12:52 PM
 
Location: Under the Redwoods
3,751 posts, read 6,739,973 times
Reputation: 6078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
I totally agree with this, too. I have a feeling they're everywhere; even those who don't know us, but if our personal receiver is bad, we just can't pick them up. I can't, and all my life I've wanted to see a ghost because I have a very strong feeling they are there.
Most ghosts are not visible. They are mostly felt or observances of items moved or placed are the more common ghost experiences.
Seeing a ghost has nothing to do with one's 'receiver' - it is just that apparitions are not very common.
In all the ghostly places I have been, I have actually seen only one.
And I am told I have a pretty good 'receiver'.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top