Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 08:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times

Advertisements

Moths are traditional japanese symbol of returning deceased yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 05:45 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
While I have been hoping for a sign from my husband who died in 2006, none has come directly to me. I think that is a deficiency on my end, as he has given many signs to others. About a week after his death, I finally got up to go in his bedroom and strip the bed. Our dog was a puppy then, & in the final weeks of my husband's life, I would put our puppy on his lap while he lay on bed.

While I was removing the sheets, I looked over to see my puppy sitting in the center of the room, her back to me, seemingly looking up at something. Her head did that back & forth tilt, then she stood up & began wagging her tail. All I said was, "oh do you see Daddy?", and she whipped around at me & barked, her tail wagging rapidly. She then turned back to look at ?him? and she sat back down. She continued to sit like that for a bit longer, tail wagging, head tilting back & forth.

There are more stories, involving other people, but I still wait & hope he will show me something. I think he is holding back until I take care of a few things. Maybe I'm just not mentally or emotionally ready yet....I'm missing something obvious I guess.

Old 03-17-2014, 09:49 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
My boyfriend and I are both atheists and we have both mutually agreed that if one of us goes before the other, he'd leave the other one the hell alone.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:17 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
My boyfriend and I are both atheists and we have both mutually agreed that if one of us goes before the other, he'd leave the other one the hell alone.
Religion has absolutely nothing to do with the spiritual existence, or the afterlife
The only way religion enters into it is by the human factor.
Bob.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:05 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Religion has absolutely nothing to do with the spiritual existence, or the afterlife
The only way religion enters into it is by the human factor.
Bob.
I don't care. We have both mutually agreed that if one of us dies the other one can freely move on without having a vengeful ghost pulling on his leg every night. Heck, I've once told him that if he dies before me and he comes back to haunt me, I will hire an exorcist and send his ass to hell. Also told him to feel free to do the same to me.

Old 03-17-2014, 03:36 PM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
I don't care. We have both mutually agreed that if one of us dies the other one can freely move on without having a vengeful ghost pulling on his leg every night. Heck, I've once told him that if he dies before me and he comes back to haunt me, I will hire an exorcist and send his ass to hell. Also told him to feel free to do the same to me.

Your words, and attitude play well in this human existence, but actually have no meaning what so ever in the spirit world.
Earthbound promises usually hold no significance in the afterlife.
If you want to know what I base my assumption on, it is the result of years of research in the paranormal field.
Bob.

Old 03-17-2014, 06:34 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:
LOL!!! I think I just heard a guffaw from the great beyond!

Old 03-17-2014, 06:36 PM

1,723 posts, read 4,096,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
LOL!!! I think I just heard a guffaw from the great beyond!
no, that was just my stomach growling.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 947 times
Default heard from beyond.

My father made his presence at my daughters baby shower. It was a summer party in the garden. As a child my father always collected tiki heads made out of coconuts. As a tribute to my dad I put a tiki head out by the pond. A butterfly cocoon showed up just before the party on the chin of the coconut. And the butterfly emerged within a couple of days confirming he was there. ^!^

Last edited by skinny mulligan; 09-07-2014 at 10:17 PM.. Reason: spelling errors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal