U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 06:56 AM

32,855 posts, read 18,689,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Honestly -- this is my can't miss show. Once again -- she's great to watch, and I love the research. I've always enjoyed research. There's nothing like walking around in the stacks of a library and finding a treasure.

While in college, I read THE KING OF THE CONFESSORS by Thomas Hoving, about the Bury St Edmunds cross. It read like a spy novel... very fun, and I found the book he used to help authenticate the cross -- the Chronicle of Jocelyn of Brakelond. Hadn't been checked out since 1929. SO cool. Read it -- hard to read.

Then looking for something else I found a book that listed immigration into US ship lists.... and found my 5th great grandfather....SO cool.... I love research.
When I went to college back in the day, I remember going to the stacks. I was in heaven! I loved the old dusty books.

I guess I am one of the few that would NOT want to be a paranormal investigator. I would be the unwilling chaser. I am at peace with my paranormal experiences, but I don't go looking for them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 02:50 PM

325 posts, read 251,661 times
I think being a paranormal investigator would be fun and exciting though it's probably not a way to make a living...and I wouldn't want to go to a haunted place alone. I have a digital voice recorder, an infrared thermometer, a ghost radar app on my iPhone though real paranormal investigators aren't likely to use such apps.

Old 08-23-2015, 09:45 PM

102 posts, read 73,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrltenSpke11 View Post
I think being a paranormal investigator would be fun and exciting though it's probably not a way to make a living...and I wouldn't want to go to a haunted place alone. I have a digital voice recorder, an infrared thermometer, a ghost radar app on my iPhone though real paranormal investigators aren't likely to use such apps.
I'm sure it would be a very interesting hobby. I already have a spirit box that I bought from Amazon, didn't really find any kind of spirits using it. I thought that the ghost radar app on the iPhone was for entertainment purposes and isn't really for communicating with ghosts.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:17 PM

325 posts, read 251,661 times
I have the Ghost Radar Connect app on my iPhone, added many words to its vocabulary, and when I was leaving from work and about to exit the building, the app said "Get the hell out of here" and the word "hell" was included. I thought it was funny. I also have a new K2 meter and it detected an energy change once, perhaps a ghost...

Old 09-05-2015, 07:14 PM

5,621 posts, read 3,337,874 times
I've gone on a few "ghost hunts", but they were not very organized and it would be difficult to say if we found anything. I had a few experiences, but without being able to exchange ideas with anyone on how they could have been natural phenomena, what am I going to do? And I really don't have evidence, so for me it was mainly personal experiences. All I can do is relate things that happened and shrug if someone wants to make fun of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal