Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 08:57 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperL View Post
I'm 66 years old. I remember my childhood, being in diapers, being in the womb and my mothers heart beat. I remember being in a grey place waiting with other kids and being drawn to a connection of love and caring. I remember it well and always thought I was nutz. I guess I'm screwed together better than I thought. So yeah, I can see this happening. Maybe a rare thing, I obviously don't have a clue but there are other things that I vividly remember that I've never experienced, like fly an F4U WWII airplane yet I've never been in an airplane-ever. But I can tell you exactly where the controls are and how they work, flying characteristics from a carrier, torque and vibration from the extremely large engine, etc. I have no idea how I could possibly remember these things but I do.
Fascinating!! Thanks so much for sharing! I don't think I have ever told anyone what I am about to say here. But I remember being born. I remember being in the womb, and it was so nice, warm, cozy and quiet. The only sound I heard was my mother's heart beating. Then the feeling of being abruptly pulled out. I remember the room sounded so loud. I was cold and the lights in the room were so bright. Some people may think I am nuts. But I swear I remember this!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Interesting. My sister said something very similar about her daughter, whom she adopted at eight weeks.

A friend's father had an experience similar to yours. He was on a small boat in the service in WWII, around the coast of Italy. He said he knew what would be around every cove on the piece of coast they were on--it was all familiar to him even though he had never been to Italy in his life.
Awesome story.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:17 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
I think we may pick our parents in some natural, need attracting ability connection. When I was real young, I was drawn to tales of survival and felt this very deep connection with the children. My sense and a past life regression has shown that the last life ended young. My insights, and a sense of recognition to children caught in war tell me it was also brutal. Now, it bugs me sometimes that mom and dad were so deeply protective of me, but maybe they were just the kind of parents I needed.

I have a friend I'd love to say was more and we both felt we'd been deeply close more than once before, but this time around we'll just be friends. I have this image of him and I on a train which is so real I can feel the rocking of the car.

I have come to think that we attract what we need in a life, and am also sure that there was some other connection with my mother before this life.

Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 AM

2,569 posts, read 7,743,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
I know we are talking about kids. But I wanted to share with you that I have lived a past life that I never forgot. I have written the story in response to a few threads already. But I will shorten it here. On a class trip (when I was 9) to see the Liberty Bell in Philladelphia, PA, we visited a historical home. The minute I walked in, I immediately remembered that this was MY house. I knew how to get around, where all the doors led, where the pots and pans were, etc. I even had flashbacks playing in the backyard wearing a long dress and bonet. I also knew that my current sister was also my sister back then. It's a true story. All I can say is that my "former" self melded with my current self (at the time) and had memories of a prior time (at least 100 years ago).

One more thing..my daughter was adopted at birth. But the minute I held her and looked into her eyes, I KNEW her already. A very strange feeling to say the least.
I believe you. I had a very similar experience at age 19 or 20 when I visited a Louisiana plantation for a tour. I could "feel" the wide skirt I was wearing (though I was wearing jeans) and I looked down and for a second I could SEE the bottom of my dress, and it swished left to right as I walked up the stairs, touching the staircase on either side. It was just crazy and so vivid, I stopped walking and I guess I was just staring down at my "skirt" and the tour guide had to get my attention. Throughout the tour I had a repeat of that experience, feeling completely knowledgeable and familiar with furniture items, the feel of rooms, etc. So I don't know if I lived in THAT house in a previous life but certainly one very much like it.

I get the distinct feeling that I was also of a more "privileged" class in that lifetime than in this lifetime. I just "know" this. I have distinct memories of being in a position of superiority, of having things easy, of living in a very large house, of riding in a fine carriage, of having things done for me. I have always had what some would say is rather useless knowledge about fashions in and around the Civil War era, what things were called and how they were made or worn.

I'm not proud of this or happy about it in any way, in fact the memories make me uncomfortable (but some might say it explains my lazy nature in this life, lol) -- I think this lifetime is a lesson in humility!

I have also always had a preference for old things and old places. Sometimes I wonder if those who are not interested in history at all, but prefer to look towards the future always and are excited about new technology and really "into" that are somehow "new" souls?

Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post
I believe you. I had a very similar experience at age 19 or 20 when I visited a Louisiana plantation for a tour. I could "feel" the wide skirt I was wearing (though I was wearing jeans) and I looked down and for a second I could SEE the bottom of my dress, and it swished left to right as I walked up the stairs, touching the staircase on either side. It was just crazy and so vivid, I stopped walking and I guess I was just staring down at my "skirt" and the tour guide had to get my attention. Throughout the tour I had a repeat of that experience, feeling completely knowledgeable and familiar with furniture items, the feel of rooms, etc. So I don't know if I lived in THAT house in a previous life but certainly one very much like it.

I get the distinct feeling that I was also of a more "privileged" class in that lifetime than in this lifetime. I just "know" this. I have distinct memories of being in a position of superiority, of having things easy, of living in a very large house, of riding in a fine carriage, of having things done for me. I have always had what some would say is rather useless knowledge about fashions in and around the Civil War era, what things were called and how they were made or worn.

I'm not proud of this or happy about it in any way, in fact the memories make me uncomfortable (but some might say it explains my lazy nature in this life, lol) -- I think this lifetime is a lesson in humility!

I have also always had a preference for old things and old places. Sometimes I wonder if those who are not interested in history at all, but prefer to look towards the future always and are excited about new technology and really "into" that are somehow "new" souls?
Fascinating story!!!

Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
my dtr has since early childhood been attracted to all things french and started speaking in french early on--stated she just heard it and knew it---btw---i never got any of it as my skill for other languages was non exsistant

as to myself,i remember my past death and home and actually got to see one just like it when i toured an indian village display that was life size in anadarko
it was happy and painful at the same time as everything in it was exactly similar to the home that i dreamed about frequently that i knew was once mine as a 5 yr old child

oddly enough my brother moved there years ago cause he"only felt at home in oklahoma"

Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 2,860 times
My boss, a very well-known veterinarian in our area, has an amazing story about her son from when he was only about a year old (he is now 30 or so). The story goes something like this: He was hardly able to talk, and definitely not old enough to speak in sentences-could only say small words such as kitty, bye bye, ball and the like. His mom (my boss) had suspected him of being wiser than other children, and I think some things had already occurred that made her think that he seemed to have lived before, or had known her in another life, etc. (I am sorry I do not recall that part of her story)
One day she simply asked him something along the lines of "Do you remember mommy from before/in another life?" and he stared into space for a few moments, got a very far off look in his eyes, and responded with completely clear diction "I do. I do . I do. You are my friend" Then wandered off to play.

Eerie or what?

Old 06-23-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cafegirl22 View Post
My boss, a very well-known veterinarian in our area, has an amazing story about her son from when he was only about a year old (he is now 30 or so). The story goes something like this: He was hardly able to talk, and definitely not old enough to speak in sentences-could only say small words such as kitty, bye bye, ball and the like. His mom (my boss) had suspected him of being wiser than other children, and I think some things had already occurred that made her think that he seemed to have lived before, or had known her in another life, etc. (I am sorry I do not recall that part of her story)
One day she simply asked him something along the lines of "Do you remember mommy from before/in another life?" and he stared into space for a few moments, got a very far off look in his eyes, and responded with completely clear diction "I do. I do . I do. You are my friend" Then wandered off to play.

Eerie or what?
Love these stories!!!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 AM

799 posts, read 1,549,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_Sparrow View Post

I tell my partner this all the time!

But really, I feel the same way. I think I probably did something awful in a past life where I was in charge of things. I have memories of living in a huge stone house, so much so that I used to ask my momma when we were going back there and I would describe it and draw pictures of it. I was born into abject poverty in the inner city and my momma cleaned houses, held down three jobs, and would just look at me like I had gone out of my head. I think some of the things I said hurt her unintentionally.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:43 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Yes, I definitely believe that these things are true. In general we just dont remember the stuff prior to coming in. I know I dont anyway. However it is said that you choose your parents according to whatever life mission/lessons you, as a spirit, have to learn. Obviously, your parents have to agree and will probably learn stuff from you too.

I definitely believe that a wife in one lifetime can easily be a brother or friend in another and it makes so much sense to me the way that I have "found" the people I live with in my life. A review of your life would make so much more sense in the context of this being placed into a family or circumstances where you could fulfill your 'mission'.

I also believe that we are part of a much larger 'us' spirit which has several smaller 'us' running around on this planet and other planets at the same time. After we die, we get to return back either here or somewhere else to learn the next lesson. The whole point is to integrate the many 'us' into the larger us spirit which itself is part of another larger energy us. Complicated, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal