U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 02:53 PM

23 posts, read 17,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOW666 View Post
Interesting,Thank You!! I may try that. Any ideas on how to make the planchette?
XD I love it. They say that the Ouija board will bring forth an evil creature that may end up bringing you to very depths of hell (paraphrasing...) and you take that as the best reason to try it.
I'm not ridiculing you, by the way. I honestly love that.
However, Ouija boards are nothing more than a toy, a tool used to focus your own energies and hidden abilities; like a witches Athame or a psychic's crystal ball. If things start happening after you used the Ouija board, they were going to happen regardless of your use of the board.

There's a bull running towards your front door -- it's gonna come busting into your house whether you open the door for it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM

1,403 posts, read 2,082,956 times
There are just some things you don't mess with and an ouija board is one of them.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:21 PM

5,522 posts, read 4,839,619 times
spirits cant communicate with us the way we know being that our brains and or non-sensitive people might understand. The board gives them a chance to talk to you. Problem is who or what are you talking to and in doing so does that open communication to things who have alot to say. you could do the same thing if you made it yourself, were serious and wanted to talk to the dead.

Old 08-01-2013, 03:37 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,862,839 times
It was a movie that started the whole fear of oujia boards, the (original) Excorsist.
It's JUST a movie! Prior to that movie, Oujia boards were not seen in a bad light.
At the turn of the century just about everyone had sat at a table and used one. They were a very popular parlor game and no one feared them and bad things did not happen to those who did use them.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:55 PM

8,187 posts, read 9,425,903 times
Played them quite a bit with friends as a teenager. Yeah..out of dozens of times, nothing strange ever happened. It's a game, nothing more. Now Monopoly, that's a dangerous game!

Old 08-06-2013, 03:51 AM

17,772 posts, read 21,967,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
There are just some things you don't mess with and an ouija board is one of them.

My thoughts exactly.

I have had some horrific and unpleasant experiences with it. I know others who have as well.
With so many people, from such diverse backgrounds and belief systems - from agnostics, to people who are deeply interested in the paranormal to religious folks from many different persuasions - why bother?

If you have a burning desire to speak to someone who has passed on, find a reputable medium.
I do not think the board itself is evil. When you use it to contact entities that are not of this earth, nasty things can and do happen.

I like to give this analogy - when you use the ouija board you are opening a door to your body and mind.

Now, think of this - You live in a large city, in an apartment building - would you leave the door to your apartment open intentionally? I doubt that.

But, say that by accident you somehow left the door open and ran off to work.

What might happen?

A good neighbor who noticed your door was left ajar would close it.

A person with less character, might be curious go inside and have a look around.

Another might go inside, look around and steal something - or vandalize your home.

And yet another might do all both and text his friends that he is in this great apartment with all of this cool stuff - come on over - we can have some "fun" and rip off this idiot who left his door open. Another might wait for you to return home and hide with the intention of doing harm.

When you open your self up using a tool such as an ouija board, the entities who come in to your "apartment" are not good. They are taking advantage of the vessel that you have opened for them.
They are like the last three groups of people in the open apartment scenario.

Only they are not human and most likely they have never lived. They want a place to live though, inside of a human body.

Is it worth it? Even if there is only a chance that all of these people are right - why take a chance?

Old 08-06-2013, 05:16 AM

3,036 posts, read 2,078,374 times
Ouija boards are nothng more than boards made of wood. There is absolutely NOTHING paranormal about them.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:24 PM

3,824 posts, read 4,832,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
Ouija boards are nothng more than boards made of wood. There is absolutely NOTHING paranormal about them.
as others have said repeatedly--using it entails opening oneself to other energies and some one that is a good conduit can bring about other negative energies--so play and poo-poo it but someday you can be sorry you or the persons using it ever did "play" with it

Old 08-07-2013, 07:52 PM

3,290 posts, read 2,509,389 times
I wonder, reading this thread, why is a Ouija board any more of a "door" than, say, a seance of the type that people used to do back in the times when Ouijas became popular also. Or any other type of communication with the spirit world?

I had one when I was a kid. My best girlfriend and I used to use it. It spoke French fluently to us. I surely knew no French, and my girlfriend claimed to only know bits and pieces. But that planchette flew on that board. Never any life altering things said, but it was pretty clear and lucid. (Friend's mother was Canadian French--English was a second language for her--she would translate.)

I don't think it brought anything evil to me or her. But I am curious as to why it's considered more dangerous than any other spiritual dabbling.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:21 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,862,839 times
Quote:
But I am curious as to why it's considered more dangerous than any other spiritual dabbling.
Because in the movies it is portrayed that way and to quote another movie, "When legends become fact, print the legend."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal