U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:15 PM

145 posts, read 298,027 times

Advertisements

Is it possible for a physical object to be cursed and then the person who purchases it to experience paranormal experience from this? Can it be any object? What other ways can a spirit be invited to the home or appear there that don't require you to try to contact it? What if the person lives in a new house? How is it possible that after living there for years that out of nowhere it starts to be haunted?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 02:53 PM

3,748 posts, read 6,122,486 times
Is it possible for a physical object to be cursed and then the person who purchases it to experience paranormal experience from this?
Some people think so. I believe that objects can hold energy but there is no animation of anything because of that energy. The only thing that would tell someone that the object is 'full' of a strong energy is to feel it (psychometrics).

Can it be any object? Sure. Objects can have less or more energy depedning upon the previous owner and events surrounding that object.

What other ways can a spirit be invited to the home or appear there that don't require you to try to contact it? I don't believe that spirits or ghosts (two different things) are physically attached to items like a genie and a bottle. The item is the item and has it own absorbed energy. It may be that this energy helps a ghost or spirit walk the thin line between our reality and the spirit realm. But I don't think they are bound to objects. For sure some do not want to give up being 'owner' of an object so they stay with it.
'Inviting' a spirit is easy, just asking does the trick. Does not mean they will show up and if a spirit wants to be someplace, they will be there. They are not influenced by us in the manner in which you speak. Ghosts on the other hand are a bit different. A ghost is usually already present. They may be around and quiet for years before they start doing stuff to get recognized.

What if the person lives in a new house? How is it possible that after living there for years that out of nowhere it starts to be haunted?
Previous answer answers this one. I have lived in quite a few homes with a ghost. One place I knew there was a ghost when I was looking at it when it was empty. Because the home had not stuff belonging to other people that filled the place with thier energy, I could feel the ghost's presence. I did move in to the place and never had any ghost action until a few years later when my BF moved in. The ghost became very active at that point. After getting to know the ghost through its actions, we did things for the ghost. It liked to play in the bathtub, so we gave it things to play with. It got a little quiet after that, but the ghost still made its presence known in other ways, just not as often or as annoying as it used to.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:20 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,198,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
Is it possible for a physical object to be cursed and then the person who purchases it to experience paranormal experience from this? Can it be any object? What other ways can a spirit be invited to the home or appear there that don't require you to try to contact it? What if the person lives in a new house? How is it possible that after living there for years that out of nowhere it starts to be haunted?
I was cautioned by someone who would know not to purchase second hand stuff because there could be a spirit attached or connected to it. It could be any object.

When coming into contact with second hand stuff, or ANY material object for that matter, hold it quietly in your hands for a bit. Does something feel "wrong", or "off"? Oh, you will know if it does. If this doesn't occur right away, and you are at home, do bad things happen after you use or contact the object? If so in either instance, GET RID OF IT. Don't purchase if it feels like a "bad vibe".

Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 PM

9,567 posts, read 17,109,571 times
Read up on the Hope Diamond.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:56 PM

5,573 posts, read 7,479,041 times
OwlKaMyst,
You made a statement above concerning the fact that ghost and spirits are not the same.
To what do you attribute your opinion on this statement?
What is your definition of spirit, and what is your definition of ghost?
Thanks.
Bob.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:30 PM

14,547 posts, read 17,481,457 times
An old friend of mine had multiple odd 'stuff' that happened in her house. It started very tame and then grew less comfortable. She could feel something very omonious in the house. All the appliances would quit working all at once. The doors came open in the kitchen and everything fell on the floor. It was completely unpredictable.

But we were talking, and there was this chair. I could see darkness around it. And there was this flash of this dark room, and a very very old man sitting in it in a red robe. It was in a library, with somber formal colors. The man was hunched, and either dying or dead.

I told her and she said it was exactly the same she saw, even described the colors of the room which matched what I saw. She'd gotten it as an antique and it was from around 1900, and so was the room. It was spooky, but I felt no darkness from the old man, who was still in his chair. She said women sitting in it would suddenly jump up as if pushed out of the chair. Men were too, but he liked some of them and they relaxed and would go to sleep in the old man's company. So the old man was the source directly of the darkness.

I touched the wood, not the fabric and could feel the energy of the portal he'd made. The problem wasn't the old man but the door he'd opened and what it invited in. The dark thing which was playing havoc was one of the visitors. I did a 'cleaning' for her but said she needed to get rid of the chair. She wouldn't and the dark stuff found its way back.

I don't know if the bad stuff that happened to her, which led to me having to just get away, was from them or just her but what let the spiritual variety into her home was a lonely old man who was still resting in his favorite chair and opened the wrong door.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:46 PM

3,748 posts, read 6,122,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
OwlKaMyst,
You made a statement above concerning the fact that ghost and spirits are not the same.
To what do you attribute your opinion on this statement?
What is your definition of spirit, and what is your definition of ghost?
Thanks.
Bob.
It's like doves and pigeons; a pigeon is a dove but a dove is not a pigeon.
Ghosts are human spirits who have passed on. Non-ghost spirits are non-human entities.
And not all ghosts are spirits, an energetic imprint on a location that repeats like a skipping record has no intelligence behind it, this is not a spirit, for all spirits have intelligence.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:53 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,200,894 times
This all has to be beliefs because whose who 'know' just 'know' and those that dont 'know' cannot prove anything to do with ghosties, aliens, spirits, etc. Therefore, any answer you get will be a belief or a 'knowing' from an individual. Take it or leave it as you like. It would be better to find your own 'knowing' though. :-)

Many psychics use objects to help them contact the Universal resource which allows them to do readings. Things such as tarot cards and crystal balls, bones, i-ching, etc etc These things give a focus for the mind to allow it to tune into the other energies. The human mind is like a receiver and the brain interprets those received signals into 'feelings' or 'impressions' or visual or other sensory stimulations.

If everything is energy, then some things will have harmonic vibrations which are in sympathy with other vibrations and make it easier to access those other frequencies or dimensions. As has been said, it appears to us as if 3D things can be like batteries or capacitors and store energy and - depending on the source that was picked up, this energy could consist of higher or lower vibrations, stronger or weaker strength.

The thing is that even newly bought 'new' items are going to have some energy "attached" to them since they have been manafactured and have passed through many people's hands before they got to the shop where you are going to buy this 'new' item. Each time it changes hands, it picks up some of the energy from the person who handles it, from the person on the assembly-line who does the quality control, to the person in the shop who places it on the shelf for you to buy.

Some emotional states are more effective at charging the item than others, so if one of those people have a strong hatred feeling or a strong love feeling going on at the time of handling, that will be 'reflected' in the energy attached to the item.

Also, some mediums and dowsers can link to and pick up this energy and so the answer to this topic seems to be that there is energy attached to everything, but not all attached energy is negative.

Old 07-02-2013, 10:00 PM

3,504 posts, read 7,921,971 times
I was just in a thrift store thinking about this today. There must be a lot of energy pulsing in there..

Old 07-03-2013, 01:40 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,198,893 times
You are right about that, Fairfax Mom. One never knows where an object has been, what it has been used for and such. That is why I am careful about what I purchase. When I concentrate and get a unusual "vibe", I leave whatever it is I was thinking about purchasing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal