Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 02:26 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times

Advertisements

I have experienced this.

When I was in my late teens I was spending a few weeks with my cousin, whim whom I am very close. One night we were out late and returned home.

A thunder storm broke out and it was raining hard. The lights flickered. It was a scary night. My Aunt and Uncle lived on an island off the shore of Long Island. They had taken the ferry to see a play on the main land and were not due home til the next day. Her brother, my older cousin was working at a restaurant until 4 AM.

Then the phone rang. My cousin was upstairs and I was in the family room. We each picked up the phone at the same time. What we heard still scares us to this day.

There was a staticy connection in the background. In the foreground there was maniacal laughter. We couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. Actually it seemed a little of both.
It was like a cartoon type laughter. Like an evil puppet or clown it laughed over and over again.
Then it repeated either "Good bye" over and over in this raspy transgender voice.

When my older cousin came home from work, he found us in a state of fear, literally shivering in the family room. He didn't believe us.

Then IT called again. Laughing maniacally and repeating "good bye" or some thing that sounded like "gonna die" over and over again.

Two things. This was the 1970s and on this island calls had to go through an operator.

When we called the next day, NO CALLS were made to that number that night.

Also, two weeks later my very healthy avid tennis player aunt experienced chest pain and was diagnosed with lung cancer.

She was dead within the year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 02:39 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Well my first thought was no, I can't say that I have.

In actuality, I can't say for sure it hasn't happened.

Definitely not that dramatic.

Once my friends and I kept getting calls, the type where the phone rings and no one is there. This happened in a home rumored to be haunted. Also a long time ago where it could be verified the calls did not come from outside. Was it a malfunction or something else trying to interrupt what my friends and I were doing? Were my friends just playing tricks on me because I am on the gullible side? Who can really say . . .

Old 07-05-2013, 02:47 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,433,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have experienced this.

When I was in my late teens I was spending a few weeks with my cousin, whim whom I am very close. One night we were out late and returned home.

A thunder storm broke out and it was raining hard. The lights flickered. It was a scary night. My Aunt and Uncle lived on an island off the shore of Long Island. They had taken the ferry to see a play on the main land and were not due home til the next day. Her brother, my older cousin was working at a restaurant until 4 AM.

Then the phone rang. My cousin was upstairs and I was in the family room. We each picked up the phone at the same time. What we heard still scares us to this day.

There was a staticy connection in the background. In the foreground there was maniacal laughter. We couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman. Actually it seemed a little of both.
It was like a cartoon type laughter. Like an evil puppet or clown it laughed over and over again.
Then it repeated either "Good bye" over and over in this raspy transgender voice.

When my older cousin came home from work, he found us in a state of fear, literally shivering in the family room. He didn't believe us.

Then IT called again. Laughing maniacally and repeating "good bye" or some thing that sounded like "gonna die" over and over again.

Two things. This was the 1970s and on this island calls had to go through an operator.

When we called the next day, NO CALLS were made to that number that night.

Also, two weeks later my very healthy avid tennis player aunt experienced chest pain and was diagnosed with lung cancer.

She was dead within the year.
Someone (including your own family members) could have been crank calling and there was a mistake as to whether there were no calls made to that number.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:59 PM

803 posts, read 1,878,869 times
i believe in telephone phenomena.. i have read that spirits can utilize electricity, and communications that involve satellites frequencies and again electricity.

months ago,my husbands dad died and my husband went to visit his mom. he fell asleep on the couch with the tv on. he woke up, the tv was off. something his dad would always tell him to do if he was going to sleep in the living room . his mom claimed to have not touched tv at all. they were also no power settings on the tv. it was like his dad turned it off the tv as he would normally do when he was alive. husband has a habit of not turning off tv, despite the dad always telling him to"make sure u turn off the tv before u go to sleep" lol even in death, i guess, he still didnt want the tv on lol

so thats the electric part.. heres the telephone phenomena just recently experienced:

my husband gets a call 2am from his mom, saying what happened? r u ok? he was up watching a movie. the phone was right next to him. he actually freaked out when he saw his mom calling him at 2am. so he said im fine why whats wrong. she said "u called me!" he said he didnt, but when he looked at the call history, he saw a call made to his mom at the time she said he called and he was just wtching a movie and there is NO way that he called her, especially it being late and all.

we believe that it was his dad calling up my husbands mom.

so wierd , ure story is def creepy, i be;lieve that spirits have a way of communicating with us. im sorry about your aunt/ maybe it was her spirit guide or maybe even your spirit guide trying to talk to u so that u can be prepared for your aunts sudden death. who knows?! this world is filled with mysteries that we can nver have logical answers for.

just look at me, i have no idea how my husbands phone dialed his moms when he wasnt using it, and it was right on the table next to him as he was watching a movie.

also, in movies, take amityville for example, amityville, whenever they tried to reach the priest, the phone would either not work or there would be significant static to the point that the call would hang up or the other person couldnt hear anything.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:28 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy612 View Post
i believe in telephone phenomena.. i have read that spirits can utilize electricity, and communications that involve satellites frequencies and again electricity.

months ago,my husbands dad died and my husband went to visit his mom. he fell asleep on the couch with the tv on. he woke up, the tv was off. something his dad would always tell him to do if he was going to sleep in the living room . his mom claimed to have not touched tv at all. they were also no power settings on the tv. it was like his dad turned it off the tv as he would normally do when he was alive. husband has a habit of not turning off tv, despite the dad always telling him to"make sure u turn off the tv before u go to sleep" lol even in death, i guess, he still didnt want the tv on lol

so thats the electric part.. heres the telephone phenomena just recently experienced:

my husband gets a call 2am from his mom, saying what happened? r u ok? he was up watching a movie. the phone was right next to him. he actually freaked out when he saw his mom calling him at 2am. so he said im fine why whats wrong. she said "u called me!" he said he didnt, but when he looked at the call history, he saw a call made to his mom at the time she said he called and he was just wtching a movie and there is NO way that he called her, especially it being late and all.

we believe that it was his dad calling up my husbands mom.

so wierd , ure story is def creepy, i be;lieve that spirits have a way of communicating with us. im sorry about your aunt/ maybe it was her spirit guide or maybe even your spirit guide trying to talk to u so that u can be prepared for your aunts sudden death. who knows?! this world is filled with mysteries that we can nver have logical answers for.

just look at me, i have no idea how my husbands phone dialed his moms when he wasnt using it, and it was right on the table next to him as he was watching a movie.

also, in movies, take amityville for example, amityville, whenever they tried to reach the priest, the phone would either not work or there would be significant static to the point that the call would hang up or the other person couldnt hear anything.

I believe in it too, Mandy.

Whatever is was, though; wasn't friendly.

When your MIL alive at the time?

My mom says that I called her while I was at college. Only I never did. I was out with friends and I had proof that I never called her.

There were no cell phones then. I was at a bar off campus - not drunk or even close. My RA (residence adviser) came in to find out if I was OK.

My mother had received a hysterical phone call fro "me" - only it wasn't me. It sounded just like me.

I still can't figure that out. I was happy at college. This person who called was unhappy and wanted to come home.

I have never been able to figure that out.

I think it was an evil spirit trying to cause fear. I was only 16 at the time ( yes they let us in bars then) and my mom might have been worried. It was not a prank call and my mom would have easily known that it wasn't me. Mothers know their children.

However a demon can impersonate anyone. That's what I think it was.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:28 PM

803 posts, read 1,878,869 times
my mother in law is alive.. it was just so wierd that she recieved a call from my husband even tho he didnt call her.

the call to his moms house even registered in his call history.(it was his cell phone) that was beyond strange. there was no logical explanation as to why this occured. he didnt call her. the phone was right next to him.. it was so wierd!

we all summed this up to his dads spirit calling my husbands mom.

that story about an "unhappy you" calling up your mom sure is creepy. especially since u were happy. thats really scary cause demons can impersonate anyone. even mimic voices. i think your right in your assumptions in saying that it was a demon.

could it be that your moms fear manifested a demon? im starting to think that my husbands negative attitude towards everything is manifesting itself in my house.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
as kids, we use to sleep in our sleeping bags on the living room floor,,when visiting the grandparents,,,well we were on vaca for a couple weeks,,, in "the middle of the night" the phone would ring,,,, my sister would get up to answer it,,she would be going on,,hello hello helloooo...til she hung up,,,i asked who was it,,she said all she heard was scratching sounds
i got up to pee and looked at the clock it was just before 3 am

the next morning sister told grandmother about the call,,,grandmother looked at the calendar,,and said,,,do not answer the phone when it rings at night,,,,

well, the next night, same thing happens,,,the phone rings,,,,,,and rings,,,my sister said she will just take it off the hook....she turned on the light (i was right behind her) and the phone was already off the hook- it was just before 3 am,,,
the ringing stopped

we got scared because we knew the phone shouldnt be ringing when off the hook

at breakfast the next morning,,,we didnt say a word,,then grandmother asked if the phone rang,,,sister said yes- it woke us up-grandmother scolded her for placing the phone back on the receiver....which she didnt..

before bed, the next night,,,grandmother,,,took the phone line out...said if it rings tonight-wake me up
and just before 3 am,,,the phone is ringing,,,,we start screaming heading to grandmothers bedroom

the ringing is still going on,,,grandmother told up to turn on all the lights and be quiet,,she came out,,and hesitantly,,picked up the unplugged phone,,, tears started coming down her face, and we could barely hear a mans voice-she said, "i will see you soon" no more calls, you are scaring the children..

we asked for 5 years, what and who that was about, and she would never tell us..
we told our parents, aunts, uncles,, no one thought we were making it up,,,they just said,,if grandmother tells you anything about it,,let us know,,,, one aunt asked my sister if the phone was cold and smiled,,,my sister said yes,,how did you know?

my aunt once said she would tell us the whole story,,,,after grandmother passed,,but she got dementia,, and never told us..

Old 07-05-2013, 07:26 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
My EX husband was staying in a motel. He was on his way to Texas for his Dad`s funeral the next day, when he told me that the phone rang around 3 in the morning. He answered it, and there was no one on the other end.

Could be coincidence, I guess. Someone randomly could have dialed the motel number.

Old 07-05-2013, 11:35 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
it was 1985. I had moved to Dayton Ohio to go to graduate school ayear after my mom died in another state.

I had an unlisted landline that only a few people had the number for.

The phone rang in the dead of night and a woman came on and asked for my mother by name.

I had been shocked awake from a deep sleep and mumbled about her being deceased. Being half asleep I did not ask who it was. There was no caller ID in those days either.

She expressed sympathy, saying she didn't know my mom had died, and hung up apologizing for the call.

I have not a clue to this day who the caller was, how she got my number, or how she knew my mom.

Old 07-08-2013, 02:39 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,351,326 times
sheena, didn't you mention a hint of this on this forum maybe last year- you only alluded to it i think but it completely creeped me out. i am super glad you put this up. this is completely frightening. and i love it!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal