U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 01:38 PM

15,059 posts, read 24,177,708 times

Advertisements

I am only allowed to have two stuck threads. As this has been getting traction again and I only have one stuck thread I decided to sticky it again.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:03 PM

31 posts, read 15,341 times
I have posted several times including some repeating. Today something major happened that has put me on a path to follow my passion.

The first thing I remember thinking I would like to do for a job is writing. I was in Junior High, and despite my continuing love to write, I never went that direction. Then I got into church and faith. I was immersed. The denomination I was in had a program that after college I could apply for a two year mission over seas. I talked to lots of people at church and got a lot of what I thought was support as everyone said they would be glad to be a reference for me. It turned out that many of them did not actually support me and sent references that focused on I rarely if ever wear dresses. I am not a girlie girl. I also have a skin condition that makes makeup not possible. That was a problem for those references that focused on those issues. So I ended up in Social Work. I could do a lot work to help people without having to wear dresses all the time. (Hint of sarcasm). It was about 8 years ago I found a writing group in my town and I started attending regularly. It was wonderful. I was not writing anything major, but I was writing. I did win a few contests and I got a story published in Chicken Soup for the Soul. Then the writing group stopped. Several members were no longer coming and a host of other things going on. I still love to write, and I did some, but not with a lot of focus on getting published. I cared for my mom at her end of life - she had dementia, diabetes, and arthritis. I wrote two books about her. Self-published and got a lot of copies to people, but not at a level to actually go anywhere with it. Recently I found another writer group. I tried it. It was not for me. Details not needed. However, at that one time I went a person who was in the "old" group was there. We reconnected. She is in a group that includes others that were from our "old" group. This new group is small and works a lot like the old group that I loved. Tonight I participated in that group - virtually. I shared work I am doing on a book and got a lot of feedback as well as giving feedback to two of the old group. The three of us were the only ones there tonight. As the time ended, I was fully charged up. Writing is my passion. I love writing. I had good feedback and lots of help tonight. I am putting ever ounce of my being into working to manifesting everything I need to be able to make writing my full time job. It is a passion. It is who I really believe I am meant to be. The current book is something that my small group tonight embraced and provided a lot of support for my going that direction. I used to write a lot of humor stories that included my dog (Clancy) at the time of the old group telling his version of my antics. I am moving in a totally different direction, and I love it. I updated my vision board. I have been writing details of what I need from the universe. I am so focused on how much I love writing and wanting to keep writing. (I have four more book ideas after the one I am working on now.) Ideas keep flowing. I am looking forward to what the universe will bring to me so I can keep in this direction of writing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2021, 05:14 AM

31 posts, read 15,341 times
I am grateful for the progress I am seeing with getting a job

I am grateful for seeing my life changing for the better

I am grateful for health that is making it possible to get things in order in and around my house
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal