U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 05:52 PM

16,254 posts, read 19,507,012 times

Advertisements

I'm grateful for so many things, but I'll start with where I live. All of my life I wanted to live in a 1920s Craftsman style home, and having the oppertunity to own and restore one.

I have owned three other homes - all newer and not what I really wanted. Not one of them felt like "home" to me.

At the same time, since the mid 2000s, I've kept a scrap book of homes that I love. Mostly bungalows, American Four Square homes and other 1920s Craftsman influenced houses.
Was I obsessed? Perhaps.

Last year I was taking my son out to college in Ohio. I stayed over night in a hotel and as is my custom, I checked local real estate. And there it was forlorn, forclosed and for sale - at a bargain basement price - the house of my dreams!

So, I am grateful for the home of my dreams, and the perfect timing of a loving Universe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 PM

863 posts, read 667,932 times
I am greatful that I am young, and have many years to take in the world.

I am greatful for my wonderful girlfriend.

I am greatful for my loved ones.

I am greatful to be alive.

Old 07-09-2013, 09:17 AM

1,765 posts, read 2,096,080 times
I woke up this morning grateful for family members who are proud of me and who continue to support me.

I'm grateful for the level of independence and freedom I have and for a strong sense of self. I didn't always have that.

I'm grateful for redemption. Because I've taken many wrong paths in this life and had it not been for redemption, I never would've found the right path for me.

Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 PM

3,738 posts, read 5,290,310 times
I'm grateful for my home. I'm out of city limits and yet close to everything. The furthest I have to travel on a regular basis is college and that is just 7 miles and most of it is freeway.
I'm grateful for my talents and spatial artistic eye.
I'm grateful for being alive!

Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM

Today I am grateful for every new thing that I learn everyday, that hubs is mechanically inclined and can fix things; not that I can't, but it's better for me if he does it- and I am grateful that I can be helpful for him with the things he does not 'get' when it comes to building or designing.
Who would have known that my skill at stretching painting canvases would come in handy in building sound traps for his music recording studio. He now knows how to make them himself (but he still asks for help, and it is easier with 4 hands).

Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM

10,534 posts, read 17,838,527 times
Today -- had breakfast with a friend -- we ended up closing the joint and sat on their patio for three hours after closing yakking away. I'm grateful I don't work Wednesdays.

Warms days and cool breezes

And my back scratcher.... gotta go use it now.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,191,565 times
I am grateful that I have money to pay my bills.
That I work with mostly pleasant people.
That my week has been interesting and so far overall pretty good.

Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 PM

10,534 posts, read 17,838,527 times
The smell of fresh baked bread....
Butter.
Jam.

Old 07-11-2013, 11:01 PM

9,250 posts, read 15,188,825 times
Got a weird one. Bugs. They make the night sounds that I just love and Missouri is so pleasant for that--it's like a chorus out there. I esp like the spring peeper sounds in the spring--it's kind of eery and comforting at the same time.

I'm grateful and sad at the same time for the time I have left with my girls. I'm moving away and leaving one college girl here in the city and the other girl is taking off to college very soon and it will be just me and not sure if we'll ever have this much time together again. Today we went thru Christmas ornaments and I had them choose the ones they want and I'm getting rid of most everything else. I never did like decorating the tree anyway lol.

OK, digging deep here as I've been kind of depressed, due to being under attack by ex-husband and ex-bf but I guess that I'm grateful that I'm still attractive enough to get a date. Now that was digging deep but you've gotta do that sometimes.

Old 07-12-2013, 03:45 PM

Tried to rep ya T'sMom for the bread, butter and jam....so right on I could smell and taste it.
I'm grateful hubs knows how to bake bread...I know if I go get everything, he will do it.
I'm grateful that my daughter's behind the wheel drivers test appointment got screwed up. I don't think she is ready. She knows the laws, functions and operation of the machine...but she has yet to understand idiot drivers. She's a good driver, but scares me sometimes.
I'm grateful of my daughter's resourcefulness and determination. Even though it goes against my previous gratitude declaration, she does not want to wait until Aug 5 for her test so she has called her brother, and the DMV up north and found a sooner opening. Just need to see if her brother is off work to go with.

*Stepka {{{Hugs}}} guys can be such turds! I do one of two things when my ex's are saying some garbage to me; laugh or don't listen. What they are saying is nothing but what ever they can grasp at to hurt us. It's all garbage and they do it because they have no control over us and they are struggling with it. If they are struggling, then they feel the need to make sure we are just as miserable. Don't let what they say get to you. It's all nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal