U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 04:26 PM

9,193 posts, read 14,880,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
*Stepka {{{Hugs}}} guys can be such turds! I do one of two things when my ex's are saying some garbage to me; laugh or don't listen. What they are saying is nothing but what ever they can grasp at to hurt us. It's all garbage and they do it because they have no control over us and they are struggling with it. If they are struggling, then they feel the need to make sure we are just as miserable. Don't let what they say get to you. It's all nonsense.
Dang Owl, that was the world's most perfect thing to say to me today and I know it's true--yes I do think that's why the ex is sore. So more gratitude goes out to internet friends who know just the right thing to say.

Had lunch with a good friend today and that helped--I've come to the conclusion that I should never spend a whole day at home b/c I tend to get too tied up in my own thoughts. Better to go do at least one social thing. I mean, it's good to ruminate and figure things out but once they're figured out it's better to go do something positive.

One more--there's a dance tonight!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 04:31 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,415,598 times
I am grateful for life, and all the people who have been in and out of it (friends/lovers). They have brought me lessons and blessings. I am grateful that my mom didn't suffer when she passed. I am grateful that I am a mother (long road to motherhood). I am grateful that my children are happy and healthy, we have a roof over our head and food in our belly. I am grateful to be able to work from home and be successful. I am grateful for my husband, my parents, my siblings. I am grateful that I live in the United States of America. I am grateful for my pets. I am grateful that I am healthy.

Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 PM

10,327 posts, read 17,443,113 times
Yeah -- that loaf is half gone... but it made a great kinda melty warm PB & J last night. With a big glass of cold moo. Man -- just two of us here and we go through about 5 gallons of milk a week.

Count another gratitude -- Seamus (my cat) is in an IBS flare again, and somehow he and I just figured out a way to get his two pills down easy twice a day -- hold his chin up high, open wide, drop it in the back and down it goes -- even the sticky hand capsuled icky metronidazole goes down easy. Pick up him up and give him some loving and listen to the purr. Now for the yowlies to go away.

Third -- that nice bottle of bubbly someone gave to us..... we forgot it on our anniversary.... but tonight it'll go well with our pizza....

Old 07-13-2013, 08:21 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,134,975 times
today I am grateful for relaxing music
my family
and my dog

Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 AM

10,141 posts, read 8,550,324 times
I can not count nor type all the ways I am grateful ...that is why I haven't been here
before this...I am in an almost constant state of gratitude.
No one knows my inner life of loving my Father and Practicing the Presence.
The Divine is all around us and yet lives inside our HEADS!!
Such a funny way of doing things...He hides and yet is right HERE!!
His mind is our mind...we think it ...it comes about...what a magical life!!!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I can not count nor type all the ways I am grateful ...that is why I haven't been here
before this...I am in an almost constant state of gratitude.
No one knows my inner life of loving my Father and Practicing the Presence.
The Divine is all around us and yet lives inside our HEADS!!
Such a funny way of doing things...He hides and yet is right HERE!!
His mind is our mind...we think it ...it comes about...what a magical life!!!

Wow, I want more of what you have--and I mean that in all sincerity.

I think I know what you mean about the divine in our heads--one day I was really hurting about something and needed an answer that I knew I would never get from friends and family so I asked the Lord. Then I waited. And it came! It was so unexpected that I actually started to argue and then I said no wait and listened, and my life has since changed for so much the better. Neale Donald Walsch is not the only one who can have conversations with God. So can we all. You have to ask and listen carefully and the answer will pop into your head, subtly so don't miss it, and yet it's unmistakable. I think the reason I totally believe it was not just me talking to myself is that it was not even close the answer I expected and yet I have followed the advice and done a lot of thinking about the past and I know for sure it was the complete Truth. Talk about a blessing.

Someone once told me that praying is talking to God and meditating is listening to God. We need both.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:18 AM

3,736 posts, read 5,148,345 times
I am grateful for this beautiful morning. The sun is shining and there is a light cool breeze.
I am grateful for there still being milk in the fridge (our house is like T'sMoms) so I can fully enjoy my pancakes and honey.
I am grateful for (did I say this one already?) there being seperate rooms for the shower and the toilet in my house. There is nothing worse than having to 'take care of business' and can't because someone (teen) is taking a long time in the shower.
Several years ago we looked into moving to Australia. While doing research on expenses and such, I discovered that over there all the houses have a 'bathing room' which is just that, sink and tub. And a totally seperate 'water closet' for the toilet. My first thought was 'brilliant', why don't we do that here as a standard!?
When we moved south and was looking for a house, hubs wanted 2 bathrooms so when someone was in the shower, he could still do his business. We applied for two houses. One had two bathrooms, except the one was off the garage and looked like an auto-shop shower/toilet room...eww, but works in a pinch. The second house had one...but the toilet was in its own little room and that was just fine if there was only one because the whole purpose is to be able to have access when someone is showering. And it's just like the houses in Australia.
When I move again, it will be into a home I own and if it does not have two bathrooms, I'm putting in a 'water closet'.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:30 AM

30,469 posts, read 16,037,961 times
Good thread, Tallysmom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Got a weird one. Bugs. They make the night sounds that I just love and Missouri is so pleasant for that--it's like a chorus out there. I esp like the spring peeper sounds in the spring--it's kind of eery and comforting at the same time.
Count me in as a weird one. I sat outside Thursday night. Had to wait until the temps dropped into the 70s.

I felt grateful for the night sounds. No human sounds. Just mother nature and listening and relaxing.

I am grateful I can have a few moments to regroup. Let's me look at my behavior from the day, which is not always good.

I am grateful for small things like when my two dogs follow me from front of the house to the back, where my rocking chair is, so they can simply be in my company. Dogs are good companions.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 AM

I love this gratitude thread and I'm impressed by the well thought out responses that you all have posted on here. Homemade bread, dogs and cats, bug sounds, our children; simple things most of them and I think we're happier when we learn to be grateful for the pleasures that most take for granted. And why do they take them for granted? Is it because they're available to so many other people that they don't seem special? Well to heck with that--I'd like to see the whole world be happy.

I have a very special gratitude that I'd like to share. It sounds funny, but I just realized for the first time last night that I am popular. I mean, who says that? But the reason I'm saying it is because when I was a child I was the most unpopular kid in the class--got made fun of for everything, everything embarrassed me, and I was afraid to participate for fear of getting made fun of even more. Add to that oversensitivity and you have a picture of an extremely neurotic and timid little girl who then sort of rebelled and went wild as a teen and later settled down to adult life but with "issues." Things did get better but I remember a couple of times I tried to have a party and invited people and very few came. I'd be sitting there with food and drinks and 2 people and it was so embarrassing so I stopped inviting people over except for small get togethers.

Somewhere along the way I learned a thing or two about social skills but I sometimes still have to watch myself to keep from falling into the old patterns of trying to impress people with how clever and interesting I can be. I learned to just be with people and listen to them w/o changing the subject back to me, and reach my heart out instead of my ego and this has been a huge part of my life journey. Gad, I'm crying as I type this. It touches my heart to the core when I walk into a room now and the whole room lights up even though I'm usually running late as usual.

Please don't take this as bragging--I'm saying this b/c so many think the LoA is all about getting more money, but I'd much rather have friends and no money than the other way around. I have used the LoA to accomplish this, but in steps, b/c I barely dared hope that things could be this good, so I would visualize things getting a little better, and then a little better still and now I'm happy. Still an introvert--still need downtime at home by myself, but so much happier.

Oh, and that question I asked God that I spoke of in another post? It was about why I was so unpopular. God told me and that's good b/c a big part of my professional life is working with people and I think that's what I meant by God giving you the things you need to accomplish your mission. Not only can I do my job more effectively if people like me, but the happiness extends into all other parts of my life as well. Even still I'm no Pollyanna and can be a grouch but on the whole I've learned to be grateful and I'd sound pretty spoiled if I complained about any part of it. Maybe what I'm saying too is that if I can do this, anyone can. They just have to want to bad enough and believe that it can happen.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 AM

12,411 posts, read 14,723,862 times
I am old. I've lived a lot, so I have a lot more to be grateful for than if I had done this when I was younger and living through my life.

I am grateful for my husband. I was content to live my life without marrying. There are a lot of nice guys in the world but few whom I wished to live with. We met when we each needed support from the other and it 'took'.

I am grateful for all the cats in my life, who perhaps taught me more about love than the people did.

I am grateful for all the people who have helped me, whom I have learned from, both living and on the other side - people I am sure I will see again and look forward to.

Gratitude goes to my parents. I feel that I was such an ungrateful twirp until I reached the maturity to mentally place myself in their shoes, to see how they made decisions from their limited backgrounds - a background that they protected me from ever having to go through. Many blessings to them.

I am grateful for the lessons learned through struggling to build a financial future for myself, for the gift of learning to do without as well as for the times in life in which there was material abundance.

I am grateful to have been given experiences that have proven to me that we are, indeed, spiritual beings who can very well exist without our physical bodies, that there are other kind beings in the universe with abilities that are the stuff of sci-fi who care for us. I am grateful that I don't have to fear death when the time comes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal