U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 12:20 PM

10,327 posts, read 17,443,113 times

Advertisements

Here's where we can lost our three daily gratitudes:

I can start with -- and change mine for today!

Being a mod for this board so I can create this sticky list.
Having a cat who wants to "help" and he is by purring really hard in my ear.
And I'm grateful for a bunch of great people on this board, who make this a safe haven for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 03:18 PM

9,193 posts, read 14,880,145 times
I'm grateful for friends--I had a hard time making friends when I was young but it's gotten so much easier and I'm ever so grateful for that. I went down to a funky little bakery with several friends this morning and we listened to live folk music and that was so enjoyable.

I love the easy availability of books in our culture--the library. Oh yes! The library!

Music--got a gratitude song for y'all:
JJ Grey & Mofro - The Sun Is Shining Down (HD) - YouTube

Old 07-06-2013, 10:53 PM

7,288 posts, read 9,380,258 times
Today I am grateful for:

1) My animals
2) Emotional well-being
3) Fantastic Mani-Pedi

Old 07-07-2013, 09:33 AM

3,736 posts, read 5,148,345 times
My daily gratitude list
1. My home, I rent and have a very cool landlord. We are able to have chickens, and the rest of our zoo.
2. The area I live in, feels good to be back in the county where the weather is not always cold grey and so depressing.
3. The people in the area, over all it is a friendly area and full of creative and open-minded people.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:36 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,134,975 times
I am grateful for my independent cat who seems to have missed me, I'm being followed

I am grateful for my shower, seems to be my theme - grateful for basic things like food and fresh air and my animals.

I am grateful because I know this will be a great week for me

Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 PM

9,193 posts, read 14,880,145 times
So, for today: I have a dance group that I attend every week. I started after my husband left and I had no social life and this group embraced me and it's like one big group hug every week and it has increased my happiness by a very large amount and it's fun besides.

I move in 2 weeks and I'm grateful that I have the time to spend packing and organizing and hopefully getting rid of stuff since I'm off work for the summer but start my job in the fall. Well, August anyway.

And those last precious moments with my dd's before they head off to college and I head off into the unknown. Well not unknown, my best friend lives there, lol and has two grandbabies that I get to adopt.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:24 AM

10,327 posts, read 17,443,113 times
I made whole wheat seed and grain bread today.... and it was great -- in fact -- the loaf is 3/4 gone. Looks like I'll be doing that again in a few days.

Didn't do a blessed thing today, except make the bread.

And I'm looking forward to Tuesday -- our 30th wedding anniversary. I haven't asked for anything, because I don't know what I want...I'm going to go to a local well known florist and hope they can make me a small arrangement with my wedding flowers (so exotic! white carnations! My favorite) and use the same color ribbon as was used in my wedding bouquet -- Sonia. I understand they still make it.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 AM

3,736 posts, read 5,148,345 times
A surprise gratitude- coworker called, both production people, who have keys, will be out due to health issues. I got to sleep a little longer which is nice since I woke up at 3:30 am and could not go back to sleep right away.
#2 is about the weather again, the heat wave if over! I said it before, but I'm really grateful for it!
#3 I'm grateful for my washer and dryer for obvious reasons.....heehee.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:52 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,038,669 times
I'm grateful for:
The opportunity to reinvent myself over and over in this life

The power of choice and will

For dreams fulfilled

Old 07-08-2013, 04:31 PM

10,965 posts, read 1,884,612 times
I'm grateful for:

Having a comfortable and pleasant home.
Having family who love me, including a lovely little dog.
Learning the reason for my chronic illness and being able to feel better just from changing my diet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal