Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:13 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times

Advertisements

The night before I was to have surgery I was really scared and had trouble sleeping. I felt a presence and opened my eyes and next to the bed I saw what was like a gray snowball orb that moved away and then vanished. I like to think it was the spirit of my father checking up on me sensing my fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 10:59 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,051 times
I saw an orange orb descend below an overcast one day, and then just go back up into the clouds. It never occurred to me to think it was anyone I'd known or lost. It was just an orange orb. I have no idea what it really was, and I'm sure I never will.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:53 PM

14 posts, read 40,799 times
If it hadn't been for the fact that my brother just died a few hours before this happened I probably wouldn't have associated it with being a loved one coming to comfort me either. I think in any other circumstance I probably would have been really scared, but I wasn't scared at all. It was just like I knew it was him. Of course I had never experienced anything like this before or since. I have lost many loved ones since then and this was the my one and only experience.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:33 AM

732 posts, read 968,578 times
I've seen a few orbs, including one outside traveling above house roofs, but what I've seen much more were smoky manifestations.

For at least a decade, so far, I've caught sight of a smoky form up near the ceiling in several rooms of my house. It leaves/disappears seconds after I notice it and look up at it. When I used to have cats, I sometimes saw that smoky entity near one of my cats, so I wonder if it's the spirit of one of my cats who past on earlier. If it is, I don't understand why he'd be afraid and leave whenever I look directly.

I don't fear the smoky entity, and if it's one of my cats like I feel it is, I wish it would stick around or visit more often.

I have also seen smoky manifestations in human silhouette shape and large oblong shape, but not in my house (except for a non-smoky but semi-transparent, shadowy silhouette of a previous owner). The smoky entity that appears sometimes in my house appears in the shape of a small rectangle, sometimes kind of slanted/leaning.

I do have some ghosts of humans in my house (incidentally, I just heard the footsteps of one in the kitchen less than a half an hour ago, went to investigate, found nothing), but I don't feel that the smoky entity I've been seeing is one of the humans (although it's possible I could be wrong).

Old 11-07-2014, 01:18 PM

11,123 posts, read 9,756,639 times
Like 3rdGen, I do not see orbs, but I know that I have been contacted by my deceased sister. Her visits have been in the form of songs and dream visits. I know that sounds weird, but it has happened too often to be a coincidence. My mother has never contacted me, although I wish she would. I don't go around looking for these things, but when they occur, it is so powerful and moving that I am speechless and emotional.

Old 11-07-2014, 01:33 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
I haven't seen them in front of me but I have so many pictures with orbs in them and always at big occasions like birthdays and during the holidays. I absolutely believe those are our loved ones. When my nephew got married I took a good deal of pictures and so did his sister. She showed pictures to a friend of hers who is a medium and the medium told her it was their dad. I truly believe it was. The way I see it, if there's dirt, dust or anything on the lens, then all the pictures would have those images as well.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:13 PM

10,233 posts, read 6,317,831 times
You name, I have seen it all over half a century. In St. Augustine passing by an old abandoned home, I looked up and saw about a half dozen pretty blue orbs which looked like they were dancing with each other. Beautiful sight and very, very peaceful. Nobody I was with saw them. Oh, well. Their lost I suppose. Thank you, for letting me enjoy watching you.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:47 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,768,350 times
I've never seen an orb, but I do frequently find pennies in very unusual places.

Old 08-21-2015, 03:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,708 times
A few days after my grandpa died, I was lying on the couch in my grandmothers living room trying to go to sleep. I saw in the dark corner of the room a small string of flickering lights. As I focused on the lights, trying to figure out what they were, it manifested into a small, white orb that slowly grew bigger as it reached me. It floated in front of me for a few seconds and then disappeared. It freaks me out to see these other flickering light stories, because that's exactly what the orb began as. I had just said a prayer asking for a sign that he was ok...and boy did I get it. I have never been able to get over that experience and I feel so special that he revealed himself to me after death.

Old 03-04-2018, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,286 times
After my grandfather passed away I went to my grandmothers home along with other family to be with her. I was laying on the couch and noticed some sparkling lights in the corner of the room. As I was focusing on them trying to figure out what they were they manifested into a bright transparent orb that made its way over to me hovered above me for a few seconds and then shut off. I knew immediately that it was my grandfather coming to say goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal