U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 08:46 AM

32,057 posts, read 18,963,161 times

Advertisements

Four months after I lost my boyfriend to a sudden death, I saw an orb with my own eyes in my bedroom.

Obviously, I didn't take a picture because everything happened so fast. I was not scared or felt disturbed, I felt very comforted by what I've seen. Somehow, I just knew that my boyfriend came back and paid me a visit. Plus, he knew that I was suffering from tremendous grief. He perhaps came back and letting me know everything would be okay.

The orb was gold in color and was not a perfect circle. It looks kind of like this

Courthouse Orb 2

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghost..._ghost1_lg.htm

Just a little bit more golden in color.

I haven't shared this experience with anybody except my grief counselor. Obviously, not many people would believe me.

Am I the only one who has seen an orb after losing somebody I love to a sudden death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 12:10 AM

3,094 posts, read 3,309,882 times
After the death of my grandma we saw twinkling lights the size of fireflies flittering about in our kitchen.

Saw them on several occasions, then no more.

The kitchen was her favorite room in the house.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:50 AM

32,057 posts, read 18,963,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelinLow View Post
After the death of my grandma we saw twinkling lights the size of fireflies flittering about in our kitchen.

Saw them on several occasions, then no more.

The kitchen was her favorite room in the house.
I saw the Orb in my bedroom. Just one time though.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:17 AM

3,748 posts, read 5,912,686 times
I have never encountered orbs ever but both my daughter and I witnessed a bright light zoom through a room. No one had passed so I don't think it was related that way.
I'm still bewildered by the light and curious to know what the heck it was.

Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 PM

14 posts, read 19,277 times
Default I saw an orb just like you described

Hi, I haven't told my story to hardly anybody, because most people would think I am crazy. My younger brother passed away January 3, 1980. His death was a sudden and tragic. He passed between 7-8 that evening, and I had to notify my parents who were a few hours away at work. Not wanting to tell them that my brother had died and they were just told that he had been in an accident. My parents not realizing he had passed went to all of the hospitals in our area looking for my brother. It wasn't until they could not find him that they realized he did not make it and they came home. So it was sometime after midnight by the time they arrived. Several family members were already at the home waiting to comfort them when the arrived, including myself. I lived in a separate home on my parent's property, and it must have been close to 4 or 5 the morning of the 4th before I finally got home. Of course I was upset and also exhausted so I laid down on the couch in the living room and was just starting to doze off. All the sudden I heard this noise, almost like a humming, vibrating noise and when I looked up to see where it was coming from there it was a very large about the size of a basketball or even a little larger. Not perfectly round but close. It was gold, and glowing and making this vibrating noise. Not real loud, but loud enough for me to notice. I was not afraid, and just knew it was my brother coming to say goodbye. I called out his name, and then the ball of light slowly moved across the living room to the hall area, and as soon as it got there it just shot off and it was gone. I had never seen anything like this before or sense. I didn't know what it was that I saw, until about 13-15 years ago I was thinking about it, and decided to look it up on the internet, and that is when I learned what I saw was an orb...No doubt in my mind, and I still believe to this day it was my brother coming to say goodbye and comfort me.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:47 AM

Yes, TVC I believe it was my brother, and thanks for you kindness. I also forgot to put in the above story that when I saw this I actually sat up on the couch and just started at it for a few seconds before I called out my brothers name. Was weird how then it went across the length of the living room to the hall area, stopped for a second then just kind of shot off and it was gone...I will never forget this experience, and for some reason I have always felt like my brother watches over me. I can't explain it, just the way I feel.

Old 10-24-2014, 07:54 AM

2,835 posts, read 4,400,969 times
Interesting that these descriptions of orbs are from seeing them in real time. Perhaps you did see something related to your lost loved ones.

Many years ago we (whole family) would witness very small sparkling lights/orbs that would move about the ceiling of various rooms in our house. Never did figure that out.

I find myself annoyed at these so-called "ghost hunters" on TV that consider orbs caught on photographs as paranormal. I consider most all of those to be dust or moisture particles caught by the camera.

But seeing these things "in person" is a completely different thing.

Old 10-26-2014, 07:45 PM

Default Seeing an Orb in Person...

Yes JJ, it definitely is different when you see one in person. I didn't even know what it was that I saw until I looked it up years later on the internet. I will never forget that experience, and am still convinced it was my brother coming to tell me goodbye and comfort me, as I was the only family member to see him laying in the street deceased right after the accident.

Old 10-26-2014, 08:08 PM

793 posts, read 232,433 times
Though I have seen orbs,I never felt any connection between them and the loss of loved ones.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:21 AM

2,563 posts, read 2,651,279 times
One time I saw three floating orange glowing balls in the backyard. I got up from the couch to move closer to the window and they disappeared into the ground. I'm not sure there was any connection to dead people that I knew, but who knows? I have never seen them again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal