U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 AM

754 posts, read 884,579 times

Advertisements

scariest parts to me......

when the doll is missing and lil girl sees it sitting in rocking chair with a woman

other scene when cop goes and checks out the noise and that ghost pops out from the side
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:20 PM

861 posts, read 1,295,575 times
It had a few scenes that made jump, but it didn't "scare" me. It's not something that's going to keep me awake at night nor do movies scare me anymore but oh, well. Overall, I thought it was a good movie and I would watch it again.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:32 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,613,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
I listened to an hour and a half long interview with Andrea Perron on Mystic Moon Cafe..
Thanks for the mention, I googled and added the link for interested posters....will listen when I have uninterrupted free time.

Thank you all so very much for listening, chatting and participating in our show!
Thanks to Andrea Perron for a fantastic show as well!! That is hands down the best show I've been involved with!
If you missed it or would just like to listen again, just click the links above or the one I'm about to post again and listen to the archived version. Wendy

Mystic Moon Cafe with Special Guest Andrea Perron 06/14 by Ghost Talk1 | Paranormal Podcasts

Old 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,438,794 times
I think I heard that interview too; it sounded more like a regular old haunting to me.

Not like I expect Hollywood to ever try to be realistic when it comes to hauntings. The real thing makes for poor popcorn fare but is a whole lot more interesting...and scary.

Old 08-11-2013, 10:09 AM

934 posts, read 1,850,977 times
I saw part of it last week- my husband and I went, and I only got to the part where there was a thing at the top of her wardrobe....I didn't see what it was, because I had my head buried in my husband's shoulder, lol. We had to leave, because it was crowded and I was really afraid that I was going to scream and embarrass us both, hahaha-

Three of my daughters have seen it, and it scared the daylights out of two of them, and 'scared' (as opposed to 'the daylights' lol) the other one-

Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 PM

19,197 posts, read 22,907,124 times
It's a very good scary movie. Best I've seen in a while. But don't buy the "based on a true story" bit. The poster should have read "based VERY LOOSELY on a supposed true story with lots of changes made."

Old 02-01-2014, 09:15 PM

2,920 posts, read 5,098,192 times
My husband & I tried to watch it & couldn't get into it. A few days later, we managed to watch it in its entirety. Maybe it was all the Warrens' "demonology" schtick or whatever. It just wasn't even mildly entertaining to us at all.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:51 PM

1,325 posts, read 1,178,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
My husband & I tried to watch it & couldn't get into it. A few days later, we managed to watch it in its entirety. Maybe it was all the Warrens' "demonology" schtick or whatever. It just wasn't even mildly entertaining to us at all.
Did you watch it at home? I saw it at the theatre and the style of pop-outs and suspense made it fun...the whole theatre was into it , so that helps...when I watched it in the comfort of home, so to speak, it was flat in effect and rather dramatic at the ending possession scenes...

Old 02-01-2014, 11:19 PM

11,408 posts, read 10,147,670 times
My husband and I watched it On Demand a couple of days ago and I haven't been able to sleep for the past two nights.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:50 PM

2,920 posts, read 5,098,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1111 View Post
Did you watch it at home? I saw it at the theatre and the style of pop-outs and suspense made it fun...the whole theatre was into it , so that helps...when I watched it in the comfort of home, so to speak, it was flat in effect and rather dramatic at the ending possession scenes...
Ya--watched it at home. Maybe that had something to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal