Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 PM

38,967 posts, read 27,347,154 times

Advertisements

After I suddenly lost my ex-boyfriend to suicide, somebody recommended a well known medium.
I was so desperate at the time and I indeed seek help from this medium/psychic. I have to say that I had an amazing experience. She could be able to name names, I believed that I had made a connection with my lost loved one. I also believe that this experience has opened my eyes to a lot of things, and it speed up my healing process.

Have any of you tried to connect with your loved one with a medium? What have been your experiences?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 11:58 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,377,989 times
I'm not an expert on this. I think most mediums recommend waiting at least 6 months after losing someone before having a reading.

There is a section elsewhere in CDF that also addresses this subject.....more discussions may be posted there.

I don't need a Medium. I know what I know and consider it a gift.

Whether someone sees a Medium is a personal decision.

I have attended a couple of group meetings where Mediums were present two separate times. Without a doubt some in attendance felt they got information from the one they lost. In a group setting, there are no guarantees of which survivors might may have information for them.

Certainly if someone has the desire and $ for a private reading that may be the most helpful.

A medium cannot replace a psychotherapist and some think a reading will "fix their pain." Mediums often make mental health referrals.

Good luck Lilyflower. I hope your pain eases and you find your next step to your recovery and your healing.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 08-01-2013 at 12:09 AM..

Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM

706 posts, read 1,285,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
I'm not an expert on this. I think most mediums recommend waiting at least 6 months after losing someone before having a reading.

There is a section elsewhere in CDF that also addresses this subject.....more discussions may be posted there.

I don't need a Medium. I know what I know and consider it a gift.

Whether someone sees a Medium is a personal decision.

I have attended a couple of group meetings where Mediums were present two separate times. Without a doubt some in attendance felt they got information from the one they lost. In a group setting, there are no guarantees of which survivors might may have information for them.

Certainly if someone has the desire and $ for a private reading that may be the most helpful.

A medium cannot replace a psychotherapist and some think a reading will "fix their pain." Mediums often make mental health referrals.

Good luck Lilyflower. I hope your pain eases and you find your next step to your recovery and your healing.

MSR
I'm not an expert, BUT...... you really shouldn't pretend you know anything about mediums. I'm surprised that you have spoken or read information from MOST MEDIUMS about when to see them. It's comments like yours that are really not helpful because, and I'm just guessing here, you know nothing about mediums and how helpful a truly gifted medium can be. And you know for sure that a medium cannot replace a psychotherapist. That's simply crazy, unless you are a psychotherapist and have your own agenda.

Also, it's nice for you to think that you know what you know, but you don't know what you don't know. It's only the curious that will find answers.

I've seen a few mediums and they did IN FACT cure my pain.

I would suggest www.georgeanderson.com

Last edited by seethelight; 08-16-2013 at 06:02 PM..

Old 08-17-2013, 12:42 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,377,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
I'm not an expert, BUT...... you really shouldn't pretend you know anything about mediums. I'm surprised that you have spoken or read information from MOST MEDIUMS about when to see them. It's comments like yours that are really not helpful because, and I'm just guessing here, you know nothing about mediums and how helpful a truly gifted medium can be. And you know for sure that a medium cannot replace a psychotherapist. That's simply crazy, unless you are a psychotherapist and have your own agenda.

Also, it's nice for you to think that you know what you know, but you don't know what you don't know. It's only the curious that will find answers.

I've seen a few mediums and they did IN FACT cure my pain.

I would suggest www.georgeanderson.com
We probably have read and studied different experts.

I'm glad you got what you needed from the medium you saw. It depends on what a person is struggling with from what I've seen and heard.

I specifically didn't name the 3 Mediums whose work I've followed the most closely. I didn't think we were suppose to post names of individuals such as Mediums. If the moderators allow it I'll be more than happy to post the three names.

Since I don't know you and you have a few things to say about how "people like me. etc. " .......I am a bit confused when I may be a medium for all you know. Regardless, I will happily bow out of this discussion despite your potentially slanderous remarks.

I'm truly happy you feel better now.

If others want the names of some mediums to either read, attend a meeting or be invited to the national meeting, if you meet the criteria, send me a PM.

MSR

Old 08-17-2013, 05:09 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,632,628 times
Yes, I've always wanted to connect, and I still do. Never really had a full session with anyone, but one woman nailed it on an online radio show.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,636,036 times
Mnt. Don't let a few sticks get your goat... There are those around that like to poke.

I personally have not ever heard a medium say wait 3,9, 12 months. No waiting period I'm aware of except maybe the 3 days after death. Many cultures believe that it takes three days for the soul to fully seperate from the body and earthly realm.

I contacted a psychic once after my SO was killed, dont know if she was also a medium.
I found her through a local radio show. She did not charge me anything and was an animal communicator. I had my SO's dog and I knew that the dog had seen what had happened.
At that time he was only a missing person, but I knew he was dead but I did not know how or really why, but I had my own impressions and ideas about it. While I am not a medium, I do have a connection with death and the dead.
She was on target, as I would discover 5 years later when his body was recovered and the case finally went to court.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:26 PM

15,632 posts, read 26,122,878 times
Oh, Owl -- I am so sorry.

And Lily -- I don't think you are done healing. My suggestion to you is go to grief counseling. When my mother died three years ago, that's what I should have done. I really struggled for over two years. Some deep time with each of my sisters back in the "baby" role, where I allowed them to take care of me and lots of talking really helped.

And I'm now witnessing someone go through the same thing, and I'm not in the position to counsel him to go to grief counseling.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM

8,432 posts, read 10,851,576 times
What worked for me was EVP.
Soon after my partner's funeral, grief set in, and for a few months I went through a difficult time.
A friend suggested I read a book titled 'Life after Life' by Raymond Moddy.
In this book, along with being fascinated with it's content, It talked of experiments with evp.
I decided I would give it a try, and within a short time I realized I had the ability to contact, and converse with my deceased partner.
Over the years I have contacted many .
Most I never knew here in this life.
I needed no medium to do this.
That was over twenty years ago, and we still converse today.
Time is a great healer, and you will get through this, I am sure.
Bob.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM

1,068 posts, read 2,067,555 times
I've never tried to communicate with anyone close to me who has passed, and over my lifetime there have been a lot of them. My own personal take on it is, I wouldn't know who it was that I was really communicating with, if I were to ever do it. I think there is a spiritual world out there, most definitely, and as far as having communications where the deceased 'knows things only they could know', I think those things would be more or less common knowledge for any spirit out there. I just always believed that once someone is gone, they are gone to somewhere else, and they don't come back. (Remember...jmo).

I think it has always surprised me when people communicate with spirits of any sort, that they seem to automatically assume that whatever the spirit is telling them, is always the truth. Maybe because the spirits are on a higher level than us, and people assume they must know more, or that they are more honest because they are 'gone'? I don't know.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:16 PM

8,432 posts, read 10,851,576 times
Quote:
I think there is a spiritual world out there, most definitely, and as far as having communications where the deceased 'knows things only they could know
Mostie, your statement rings true, and here is the reason why.
I had an experience one day while in an evp session where I contacted a woman.
She called me by my formal name of Robert, which no one except my mother did that.
I immediately thought my mother had passed, and I wasn't informed.
I began to ask a series of questions that only my mother would know the answer to.
All the answers were correct.
Concerned that my mother had passed,I got on the phone to my dad, and he said my mother was out shopping, and he would tell her I called.
Obviously she was not dead.
I later called Sarah Estep, in Maryland.
She was one of the pioneers in the early stages of evp with her experiments.
She was well known in the field.
We discussed what I had experienced in my taping session, and she informed me that her studies concluded that spirits have an uncanny ability at mental telepathy.
The spirit that I spoke to in that session , though not my mother, was well aware of the answers to all the questions I had asked.
When we pose a question to a spirit, that we know the answer too,before posing the question, we automatically think of the answer as we ask the question.
As an experiment, ask a question to someone you know.
This question should be something you already know the answer too.
For instance, let's say you cooked dinner last night, and the following afternoon, ask one of your children, or your SO. what meat did you serve for that meal?
As you are asking the question, the meat you served will be pictured in your mind.
In the spirit world, your mind's image is what the spirit hones in on, thus having the answer to your question.
Through telepathy, the spirit already has picked up on that thought, and has the answer.
So, asking questions that only(he, she, or it) would know, just doesn't work in the spirit world.
One may want to keep this in mind if and when they are trying to contact a loved one on their own, or through a medium
Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal