Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 03:50 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,019 times

Advertisements

I had a strange recurring dream of a place I had never been as well. I had this dream for about 12 years or so. It was a place with a little white farm house, with a big red barn behind it. It was obviously fall in most of the dreams, as it had vibrant fall colors all around it. I could also tell that it was in a fairly mountainous/hilly area. It was always me(?) playing with two people (parents?), running around and having a good time. It was not modern times though, as the clothes were old timey farmer looking clothes.

I always just thought it was a dream, and nothing more, until I went to Virginia with my wife for the first time. Her grandparents lived up close to the Roanoke area, and we went up there to visit them. We went hiking through the Jefferson National Forest, and I'll be damned if we didn't see the house. Sitting up on a hill just like my dream. White farm house and red barn. I was seriously freaked out for a little while. I kept telling myself that I must have seen it somewhere, maybe a movie or a picture somewhere, but it was a very weird feeling. Not a bad, weird feeling at all, but weird nonetheless.

My wife thinks it could be some sort of past life thing, but I am not sure I would be willing to go that far as of yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 07:29 PM

344 posts, read 551,154 times
There's a story about a person who dreams about a place, over and over. In their awake travels they find it, and the residents are shocked when they answer the door. Because the person looks like the ghost that's been haunting the place.

So in this thread you all are haunting places, and in other threads are the people being haunted.

Old 09-28-2015, 10:44 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seedy View Post
There's a story about a person who dreams about a place, over and over. In their awake travels they find it, and the residents are shocked when they answer the door. Because the person looks like the ghost that's been haunting the place.

So in this thread you all are haunting places, and in other threads are the people being haunted.

Sounds like a Twilight Zone Episode

Old 09-28-2015, 10:51 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,406,247 times
I frequently dream I'm in a place I call Middle America. Its like if you took a pair of scissors and cut a map of USA straight down the middle. Well, there's another place there!

Its pretty much like our USA, but some differences. Seems more like the 50's --60's, and somehow I am super-soccer-mom---driving kids from one activity to another, I'm always happy enough in these dreams but wondering when I will quit the dream (I know I'm dreaming), then I start to look for fast-food places, none to be found,no diet coke!

Old 09-29-2015, 10:02 AM

344 posts, read 551,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Sounds like a Twilight Zone Episode
You know, that might be it!

I can see Rod Serling coming up with that idea. He was very concerned about the balance of things, the scientific double-entry accounting of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I frequently dream I'm in a place I call Middle America. Its like if you took a pair of scissors and cut a map of USA straight down the middle. Well, there's another place there!

Its pretty much like our USA, but some differences. Seems more like the 50's --60's, and somehow I am super-soccer-mom---driving kids from one activity to another, I'm always happy enough in these dreams but wondering when I will quit the dream (I know I'm dreaming), then I start to look for fast-food places, none to be found,no diet coke!
Try looking for a locally-owned restaurant with a woodgrain cigarette machine near the door. You'll need that tartan thermos jug that you got with Green Stamps to put under the fountain for a to-go. Does your vehicle have cupholders in the dream?

Last edited by seedy; 09-29-2015 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal