U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:47 PM

5,928 posts, read 5,564,504 times

Advertisements

My son has recurring dreams that take place in and around the same town - a town and countryside he has never experienced in waking life. I think it's fascinating that each dream is a continuation of a previous night's one.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 09:04 PM

7,652 posts, read 16,304,902 times
Last night I dreamed that I drove from my home deep into Illinois and a stayed at a Super 8 with a McDonalds drive-thru in it. Unfortunately, when I got there both my credit card and bank card were missing.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 735 times
I've had recurring dreams of this town and I'm usually visiting, but the town has canals instead of streets but it's very quaint and homey. I thought I made it up, but I recently saw photos on facebook that the same village and houses from my dream exist in Holland...so strange. I've dreamed of it at least five times without knowing it existed until now.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 AM
NCN

21,142 posts, read 23,075,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Last night I dreamed that I drove from my home deep into Illinois and a stayed at a Super 8 with a McDonalds drive-thru in it. Unfortunately, when I got there both my credit card and bank card were missing.
How did that make you feel?

Old 09-18-2015, 10:47 AM

2,137 posts, read 1,503,430 times
I have 7 places I've been to repeatedly in dreams. I tend to have episodic dreams as well... like another life is playing in my mind. I'm never my real self in them, but I am me. I mean I'm not just watching other people like a movie but in the story as well.

The places are all quite different. It makes sleeping interesting sometimes.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:53 PM

14,757 posts, read 15,180,816 times
I've dreamed of different cities & countries I've never been to IRL. Beautiful, amazing places.. Lately, majority of my dreams seem to be taking place 'indoors' though...And come to think of it, when I have been outside, it's night/dark.. (Yeah, yeah, I know.)

Old 09-19-2015, 03:35 AM

11,757 posts, read 5,726,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I've dreamed of different cities & countries I've never been to IRL. Beautiful, amazing places.
This type of dream has been happening to me all of my life.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:51 PM

533 posts, read 1,083,246 times
I once had a dream that it was nightime and I was swimming frantically in the water. Like I had accidentally ended up in there and was struggling. There was a bridge above me. I looked up and saw a tall building with a point that had a clock on it.

When I told my husband about the dream, he said it sounded like the Big Ben. I looked up pictures of Big Ben and it looked exactly like the place I was swimming. Very strange feeling.

Interestingly enough, I have an extreme fear of water..especially dark water that's not clear like lakes and unclear ocean water.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:53 PM

533 posts, read 1,083,246 times
On another note, has anyone ever dreamed about someone they know, but in their dream that person was someone else, but yet the same person? I hope that makes sense.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:08 PM

14,757 posts, read 15,180,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luksky View Post
On another note, has anyone ever dreamed about someone they know, but in their dream that person was someone else, but yet the same person? I hope that makes sense.
Do you mean in the dream you know them as who they are, but they looked like someone else or somehow "different" than they do IRL? Or...They look like themselves but in the dream they are represented as a totally different person? (Or am I just making this sound more complicated than it is, lol? )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal