Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 04:25 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times

Advertisements

How NOT To Make An Electric Guitar (VIDEO)

Look at the bottom entitled "Inventions You'll Never See'.
As you see each picture, read the blurb to the right,
using the tiny scroll bar located there to get all the
information.

Very disturbing, if true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Some of the items on the list, like the streetcars, didn't make it for economic reasons and/or lack of consumer interest, like streetcars ... people wanted their automobiles, and the culture came to revolve around them.

Others, like Tesla's free energy, didn't make it because there wasn't an economic model for making a profit that would support its development and the enormous investment that would go into it. And as I recall, he was playing with the concept but I don't think he had a fully working device. And the concept wasn't that there was no cost to creating the energy: it was a way of broadcasting energy without wires. You still had to generate the energy that you were broadcasting.

Still others on the list are just wacky or quacky, like the car that supposedly ran on water (I remember this hokum from my childhood in the 50s) or the miracle cancer cures. I'm surprised Huffpo didn't include a perpetual motion machine or two in the mix.

The results of Fleischmann and Pons' cold fusion experiments couldn't be replicated. However, research is ongoing in various places. I wouldn't give up on cold fusion just yet. They've been trying to develop hot fusion for decades with little or no progress.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:36 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,436,140 times
Random sequence combination locks
Dark bulbs (that way you can play night baseball during the daytime)
Steamer trunks that lock from the inside
Flat head (slot) metric reversible screwdrivers for left handed people
Ice cube tray demagnetizers
Microwavable lettuce
Left handed basketballs

Old 08-26-2013, 07:36 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Dark bulbs (that way you can play night baseball during the daytime)
Would be great for high latitudes around the summer solstice!

Old 08-26-2013, 09:02 PM

3,721 posts, read 7,826,181 times
Very interesting. So sad that there is so much greedy government control, etc.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:10 AM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Why is this in the paranormal forum?

Old 12-02-2018, 09:16 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
If I had a time machine, I'd go back five and a half years and ask the OP why it was posted here.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:23 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
Because the guitarist saw the white light at the end of the tunnel?

Old 12-02-2018, 03:50 PM

2,269 posts, read 1,639,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Some of the items on the list, like the streetcars, didn't make it for economic reasons and/or lack of consumer interest, like streetcars ... people wanted their automobiles, and the culture came to revolve around them.

Others, like Tesla's free energy, didn't make it because there wasn't an economic model for making a profit that would support its development and the enormous investment that would go into it. And as I recall, he was playing with the concept but I don't think he had a fully working device. And the concept wasn't that there was no cost to creating the energy: it was a way of broadcasting energy without wires. You still had to generate the energy that you were broadcasting.

Still others on the list are just wacky or quacky, like the car that supposedly ran on water (I remember this hokum from my childhood in the 50s) or the miracle cancer cures. I'm surprised Huffpo didn't include a perpetual motion machine or two in the mix.

The results of Fleischmann and Pons' cold fusion experiments couldn't be replicated. However, research is ongoing in various places. I wouldn't give up on cold fusion just yet. They've been trying to develop hot fusion for decades with little or no progress.
Maybe they actually read that the patent office now routinely rejects perpetual motion machine claims outright because of the violation of fundamental laws of nature. In this specific case, they, the patent office, demand a working prototype which they don’t do for many claims.

Old 12-03-2018, 04:32 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
Quote:
In this specific case, they, the patent office, demand a working prototype which they don’t do for many claims.
And the ones which 'work' are classified. Yep, good plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal