U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 PM

1,100 posts, read 2,568,696 times

Advertisements

Many many times as a child, I would feel someone stroke my forehead/hair right before falling asleep. I always thought it was my mother. But the times where I actually opened my eyes while it was happening, nobody was there. I always shrugged it off. I never felt scared.

Also, my sister almost died while giving birth to my nephew around 15 years ago. She had an emergency c-section, that resulted in her vomiting. She breathed the vomit into her lungs, which resulted in Aspiration Pneumonia. She was touch and go for quite some time. But thankfully pulled through.

While she was in recovery, she relayed the story of being by herself in her hospital room. Her eyes were closed, and she was trying to fall back asleep. All of a sudden, she felt a heavy hand stroking her head in a very soothing manner. She assumed it was our mother. So she opened her eyes. Yet she was alone. This phantom hand also stroked her arm. It was obviously a spirit being that was with her and wanted to let her know she was not alone.

Lastly, I used to work with a woman who was very spiritual. She was heavily into the practice of Reiki and other forms of healing. She had told me once that a Native American spirit was her spiritual guide, and was always with her. Well, there was one time at work that I had strained my neck and back. She said that if I was open to it, her spiritual guide would heal me. Almost immediately after telling me this, I felt the strangest sensation. It felt like a lightening charge was going through my body from my head down to my toes. All of the pain left my body. I felt amazing. She said it was her spiritual guide who helped heal me.

All in all, some very cool experiences have happened to me and my sister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 11:53 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,334,325 times
Once I was awakened by the stroke of a soft stroke across my cheek. Turned out it was my cat As bizarre as it sounds he slept next to me and for some odd reason he reached over and stoked my face...I was in disbelief. It felt just like a human stoking my face. I was awakened from a deep sleep with total fear that someone had broken in and was about to rape me

He did it again a few days later. He was a very special cat that I had the pleasure of sharing 21 years with until he passed. He was certainly my animal soul mate

But was it really my cat stroking my face...

Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 PM

476 posts, read 382,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Many times in my life. Usually late at night, sometimes during the day. At my computer at night, in the dark, I sometimes feel like a light touch on my right arm, like one of my cats is lightly pawing at me, but no kitty is in the room then.
Have been poked in the hand a few times with what feels like a finger while trying to feel my way to the bed in the dark(so as not to wake my sleeping husband.) Of course when that happened, I hurried out of the room into the hallway wondering if I should return or not.

The scariest by far was when I felt an arm around me while laying in bed, and thinking it was my husband...I reached out to him and no one was there. I never moved so fast getting out of there and outside. This occurred a long time ago with my first husband. That wasn't the only weird thing that happened in that house...didn't live there long.

Whatever you do, DON"T LET IT GET ON YOU!!! But that sensation in retrospect was pretty kewl huh?

Old 10-13-2013, 11:37 AM

9 posts, read 12,414 times
One summer, I went with my sisters to visit Cape May, New Jersey. We went to visit Congress Hall, an historic beach front hotel. We were browsing the hotel shops, when I decided to break off from the group. I noticed an empty hallway with photos lining the walls, so I decided to check it out. There were a lot of old black and white photos dating around the 1900s. While I was observing photos of the old hotel and its previous guests in their old-fashioned dress, all of a sudden I felt a hand touch and squeeze my left shoulder. I quickly turned around thinking I would see one of my sisters...but no one was there! I was surprised and confused so I ran back down. I would have heard or seen someone, but it was a hallway with no doors. When I found my sisters in the gift shop, they said they hadn't gone out looking for me. They were there the whole time. As we walked back out together, I noticed at the entrance to the lounge a sign that said Ghost Tours of Cape May. I guess the hotel was haunted too!

Old 10-16-2013, 03:32 PM

291 posts, read 226,609 times
Oh yeah someone tried to touch my bedspread few times, it's a really weird feeling.

Old 01-06-2015, 09:30 PM

2 posts, read 8,149 times
2 nights ago I awoke to seeing a hand touching my forehead like it ce straight out of the wall I immediately asked my fiancé if it was her to the response of her snoring and then awakening . I was completely freaked out as was she but I fell immediately back asleep. I need to know what it meant and who it could of been but nothing I have googled turned up any results only lead me to here any thoughts? Should I be concerned?

Old 01-06-2015, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 8,149 times
Side note I am not a real believer of paranormal activity but I have had a couple other encounters in the past

Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 AM

3,803 posts, read 4,767,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Before anything else, get the electrical wiring in your house checked.
The Lights flickering is a sign something isn't right about the electricity in the house.
When you stated you felt like someone touched you when you turned off the light, that is residual electricity escaping from the light switch.
Nothing paranormal here, just some faulty electrical.
As for the battery operated detectors, they also can be reacting to the electrical wiring in the house, even though they are battery operated.
Some where in the wiring (I would check that led light first)there is some abnormality.
Bob.

umm---really---wiring affecting non wired smoke alarms????

Old 01-08-2015, 11:24 AM

6,738 posts, read 3,065,339 times
My mother passed a few years ago. Her television turns itself on periodically in that same room. The screen is always bright and has black lines that crackle. Sometimes we have to go in and turn the volume down, because Mom was hard of hearing. Strange, but comforting.
We use the room for guests, and every one of them say they feel someone sitting on the edge of the bed. They have experienced the television turning on, too.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:58 PM

29,633 posts, read 8,823,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbird13 View Post
Oh yeah someone tried to touch my bedspread few times, it's a really weird feeling.

That must be something like the "falling sensation" that some people experience just before falling asleep.

What you describe doesn't happen often, but it's creepy when it does. I'm awakened by a sensation of someone (-thing?) moving the bedspread or sheets. DH is always fast asleep and the pets, nowhere around.

I've heard that described as the "Old Hag" syndrome. That's even scarier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or