U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 03:50 AM

535 posts, read 754,269 times

Advertisements

Okay, I'm not a big believer in paranormal, but three times things have happened that I can't explain. Here's how it happens I kid you not. First, it is late at night around two in the morning. One of my smoke alarms beeps. It wakes me. Another of the seven alarms beep. I get out of bed. Another one beeps. I know the drill so I get my step stool and take them down. I take out the batteries and put them in the garage. When I come back in the light above my kitchen sink that is on 24/7, it's a LED can light, begins to dim, brighten and flicker fast-slow more-less there's no pattern to it. That light never dims or flickers during the day. On three separate occasions I go over to turn it off. Two times I felt what I swear was someone touch the back of my neck. Another time it felt like someone blew on my hair. All three times it gave me goosebumps and made the hair on my arms stand on end. Each time I literally run back to bed and nothing else happens. Is this possibly something paranormal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,815,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
Okay, I'm not a big believer in paranormal, but three times things have happened that I can't explain. Here's how it happens I kid you not. First, it is late at night around two in the morning. One of my smoke alarms beeps. It wakes me. Another of the seven alarms beep. I get out of bed. Another one beeps. I know the drill so I get my step stool and take them down. I take out the batteries and put them in the garage. When I come back in the light above my kitchen sink that is on 24/7, it's a LED can light, begins to dim, brighten and flicker fast-slow more-less there's no pattern to it. That light never dims or flickers during the day. On three separate occasions I go over to turn it off. Two times I felt what I swear was someone touch the back of my neck. Another time it felt like someone blew on my hair. All three times it gave me goosebumps and made the hair on my arms stand on end. Each time I literally run back to bed and nothing else happens. Is this possibly something paranormal?
Before anything else, get the electrical wiring in your house checked.
The Lights flickering is a sign something isn't right about the electricity in the house.
When you stated you felt like someone touched you when you turned off the light, that is residual electricity escaping from the light switch.
Nothing paranormal here, just some faulty electrical.
As for the battery operated detectors, they also can be reacting to the electrical wiring in the house, even though they are battery operated.
Some where in the wiring (I would check that led light first)there is some abnormality.
Bob.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 PM

13 posts, read 33,242 times
From having my hair touched to being hit and slapped.

Old 09-14-2013, 04:36 PM

2,699 posts, read 3,095,188 times
I haven't been, but in my former haunted McMansion - the house I NEVER should have bought - two separate guests were touched in the same location in the same part of the house.

They didn't know each other and we didn't tell them that we thought that the house was haunted.

Each incident happened on the deck between the most haunted part of the house. They were both stroked on their arms by a hand that they said was female and gentle. Neither of them were that upset by it. One was a man and the other a woman. One in his 40s the other 20s.

Old 09-21-2013, 07:49 PM

9,735 posts, read 21,491,902 times
Many times in my life. Usually late at night, sometimes during the day. At my computer at night, in the dark, I sometimes feel like a light touch on my right arm, like one of my cats is lightly pawing at me, but no kitty is in the room then.
Have been poked in the hand a few times with what feels like a finger while trying to feel my way to the bed in the dark(so as not to wake my sleeping husband.) Of course when that happened, I hurried out of the room into the hallway wondering if I should return or not.

The scariest by far was when I felt an arm around me while laying in bed, and thinking it was my husband...I reached out to him and no one was there. I never moved so fast getting out of there and outside. This occurred a long time ago with my first husband. That wasn't the only weird thing that happened in that house...didn't live there long.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:50 PM

64 posts, read 108,489 times
I felt like i have been punched in the face before. It did not hurt but felt wierd.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:18 AM

1,855 posts, read 2,008,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Many times in my life. Usually late at night, sometimes during the day. At my computer at night, in the dark, I sometimes feel like a light touch on my right arm, like one of my cats is lightly pawing at me, but no kitty is in the room then.
Have been poked in the hand a few times with what feels like a finger while trying to feel my way to the bed in the dark(so as not to wake my sleeping husband.) Of course when that happened, I hurried out of the room into the hallway wondering if I should return or not.

The scariest by far was when I felt an arm around me while laying in bed, and thinking it was my husband...I reached out to him and no one was there. I never moved so fast getting out of there and outside. This occurred a long time ago with my first husband. That wasn't the only weird thing that happened in that house...didn't live there long.
I've also felt a ghost cat. I can't even count the times I have felt a cat rub against my legs while I am on the computer. We do have a cat and she does rub against my legs all the time. However, these phantom rubs are not from her.
I have also felt a cat jump onto my bed at night and curl up near my feet. As soon as I move my feet the cat goes away.
If not for the "meows" we all hear, I would think I was just imagining things. Neither my son, nor my brother, has been touched by any phantom cats, but they both have heard a cat meowing... and quite often! (Our cat has a lot to say, but she has a real quiet voice and phantom kitty voice is much different.)

This place is fairly old and has housed probably hundreds of cats. When my son and I moved in with the former renter there was 11 cats and kittens living here. She collected homeless cats, took them to the vets and got them spayed or neutered and then offered them up for free adoption. Every cat she found got a new home.
When she moved she took 6 of the remaining 7 cats with her. One of these cats escaped and made it back here. (Unfortunately for the cat, he was the one cat of all of them that I could not stand, so he wasn't coming back in.) I haven't seen this cat in a while and I hope someone took him in.
Another of those cats died soon after she left here. I doubt if the spirit cat here belongs to any of her cats, but that is something I will never know.... nor do I really care that much.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:54 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,483,645 times
I've witnessed (along with about 5 other people), my mother's shirt being tugged on from the back, by what seemingly would have been a toddler (looked just like when toddlers walk up from behind and tug on the tail of your shirt).

That incident, along with some others, has really solidified my stance on the paranormal. The stance being, I have no ****ing clue what it is, but something beyond our world most certainly does exist. I mean, really, I saw the tail of her shirt bunch of like a fist was grabbing it, then saw the entire shirt vertically stretch repeatedly until she moved from it. There's really no other way to explain that away.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:08 PM

7 posts, read 16,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
I have been visited by a spirit force that touches me several times a day. Some days several times each hour.

Whenever I am about to overeat or do something that this thing views as improper it zaps me by an electronic/magnetic shock usually on my feet or ankles and other times on my arms or even the head area.

Whatever it is, it can read my mind and knows my thoughts and tries to let me know what I am about to do is not in my best interest. (It stung me about 3 minutes ago letting me know that I should not post this.)

I live alone and so this spirit keeps "nagging" me more than I care to be "nagged".

I am a Christian and this thing has been doing this since about a year since I was baptized which was a little over 32 years ago.

Just letting you know that there is a spirit world out there and they sometimes cross through the "twilight zone" and get to some of us for whatever reason. Read the Bible and you will read about both good and bad angels touching/harming/helping/etc human beings.

We are not alone.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:45 PM

255 posts, read 383,145 times
A couple times from what I can remember. Two summers ago, I had missed a school trip to take the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan. So I wen't to take a walk over to the WTC before heading up to Central Park. I was walking along the south side of the site (oddly enough, I was the only one on that side of the street) and midway down the block, a hand with long nails grabbed my right shoulder. I quickly turned around to see no one there. I shrugged it off and kept it moving, thogh I did tell a few people about it. All they could do is be amazed.

Another time, I was just waiting for a bus, I forget where, and I feel a childs hand grab my left. I look down and again, nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or