U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 09:36 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,436,551 times

Advertisements

I had a car accident yesterday, not my fault. Minor injury - whiplash and emotional upset. My car needed to be towed. I've never been in a car accident and am still shocked over what happened. Why does this happen? I've been practicing The Secret and listening to affirmations every day. I don't believe I attracted it at all because I've been trying to be positive, yet go with the flow. I've read on some websites it's a wake up call to change my life course. What do you believe? Any insights? Please no need for sarcasm.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 09:55 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
You say 'trying' to be positive, which means you were not quite there all the way.
One of my LoA teachers was asked about this very thing. He asked the questioner, 'what had you been thinking minutes, hours and even just a few days prior to the accident?'
Turned out the questioner had been concerned for a relative and was annoyed by thier situation which involved transportation.
Some could say coincidence, but that is how much of LoA appears.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 AM

10,927 posts, read 12,311,481 times
I'm not going to be sarcastic, but I will invite you to think about this a bit.

The first person who responded suggested that you think back minutes, hours, and even days to recall if you had some negative thought during that period. I guarantee that you did, because everybody does during that span of time.

Does that mean that everyone who has a negative thought winds up having a car accident that was someone else's fault? Of course not, and they probably wouldn't even claim that. They might claim, though, that every time something negative happened to you it was preceded, over some undetermined period of time, by some negative thought. This is undoubtedly true, even if you had spent minutes, hours, or days thinking almost exclusively positive thoughts in between that one negative thought.

It is also undoubtedly true that every positive thing that has ever happened to you has been preceded, over some undetermined period of time, by some positive thought.

In addition, if you wanted to you could reinterpret the motor vehicle accident that happened to you as a good thing rather than a bad one. Maybe it prevented you from having your car break down on the railroad tracks, or caused you to avoid meeting someone with a serious contagious disease.

When you examine the explanations asserted for things like car accidents or broken shoe laces based on positive or negative thinking what you will find is no more than retrofitting, confirmation bias, and what is referred to as the "multiple out", in which any event or prediction is infinitely open to interpretation to confirm the belief you hold.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
In addition, if you wanted to you could reinterpret the motor vehicle accident that happened to you as a good thing rather than a bad one. Maybe it prevented you from having your car break down on the railroad tracks, or caused you to avoid meeting someone with a serious contagious disease.
Thank you for this perspective. I've often felt like at times my purpose of being is used in a way that is unknown to me, but it does have a purpose.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
You say 'trying' to be positive, which means you were not quite there all the way.
One of my LoA teachers was asked about this very thing. He asked the questioner, 'what had you been thinking minutes, hours and even just a few days prior to the accident?'
Turned out the questioner had been concerned for a relative and was annoyed by thier situation which involved transportation.
Some could say coincidence, but that is how much of LoA appears.
Thank you for your perspective as well. I've actually been pretty happy and things have been going well. I felt slightly flu like on my drive back to work, but nothing to attract such a collision. I just can't explain how or why this happened. I'm still in shock.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:20 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,730,450 times
We don't always 'know' when we have a 'bad' thought. Our internal dialog rambles on and some things just pass on by and we don't always catch these thoughts. However, that is a good thing because it means we are not dwelling or focused on them.
And....
Just to clairify, when I said days, that is no more than 7. I would have said weeks if was more than that.
And a good point was made above. That what may seem bad, can be a blessing in disguise. It is a matter of perspective.
Having a positive outlook on 'bad' things helps to stay in the positive vibration.
The same teacher who was asked about accidents also made an example about getting a flat tire or being stuck in traffic. Most people would be irritated by such events, but then there are those who see it as just being as it is to be and is OK.
With his tire example he told of a person who was not annoyed with a flat tire but instead said 'yay!'
Another driver pulled over to assist and through conversation discovered that they could help eachother with the projects they were currently involved in.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:25 AM

13 posts, read 48,307 times
Really interesting.Appreciate both sharing thoughts. When something happens to be good or bad, I really dont look for a reason(s) per se, but accept whatever happened, was going to happend, though I sometimes blame "Fate", the "Gods", my "dog" or anything I can rationalize about at the moment. Appreciate a new perspective.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:01 AM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times
Abraham~Hicks talks about this exact thing...I have heard it 20 times play in my car.
I'll try to memorize what they say next time.
I remember something about having a powerful intent or desire or expectation of
safety.
But, then why do 2 cars collide?
Something about being in the default mode...just not caring or thinking about
safety, either one of you....just be- boppin along, my words....and boom.
In other words they were talking about the Power of Intention...a name of one of their books!

Also, if you have a knowing and expectation an intent....that you are NOT
Going to be in any silly accident....it carries over...so you don't have to think about
Safety each and every time..it's just a part of you...you think, You WILL be safe....accidents just don't happen to me....all is peachy and safe always....
That kind of mental attitude that gets deeply into your belief system.

See the diff...walking around like Mr. MaGoo, duh, default mode here on Earth or
being in charge with a clarity of mind....the deliberate power of intention is very real...
at least in my life.

Doubters will always be doubters....I say...try it and see. That's easy enough, don't believe me, please....prove it for yourself.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 AM

19,343 posts, read 14,788,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Templar View Post
Really interesting.Appreciate both sharing thoughts. When something happens to be good or bad, I really dont look for a reason(s) per se, but accept whatever happened, was going to happend, though I sometimes blame "Fate", the "Gods", my "dog" or anything I can rationalize about at the moment. Appreciate a new perspective.
This color was a little hard for me to read, btw.
For me, I always look for the reason...and I know I was the one that created
it ALL. Accident or fortune....
A great person in my life or a problem person...all my doing.
We are magnets.
Can I prove that to the scientists here...no, but you can for yourselves with observation.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:38 AM

1 posts, read 11,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragazza2011 View Post
I had a car accident yesterday, not my fault. Minor injury - whiplash and emotional upset. My car needed to be towed. I've never been in a car accident and am still shocked over what happened. Why does this happen? I've been practicing The Secret and listening to affirmations every day. I don't believe I attracted it at all because I've been trying to be positive, yet go with the flow. I've read on some websites it's a wake up call to change my life course. What do you believe? Any insights? Please no need for sarcasm.
The same thing happened to me yesterday, i was going to make a similar post. This describes my situation to a T. My car was towed and written off and i'm still in shock. I'm a firm believer in the Secret and all of that stuff with the law of attraction. I practice gratitude and meditate almost everyday and i'm always super positive! My friend also told me it was a sign from the universe saying i need change. What have you found came out of this and what did you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal