Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:21 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I am not sure if this is the same thing, but through out the past decade or so there's a couple places I dream about. It is a cross between a few places I have been in real life, and some places that don't really exist. It is also that I picture this place and I get there, but I also don't quite reach it. Beyond this place is another area that I never get to. I wish I could articulate what I mean better. My feelings I have in my dream about these places are euphoric and there are no words to describe the happiness and heaven that I feel about being there. It just doesn't feel like a dream, but in the dream it's like this place is so REAL and I want to get there so bad. And even when I wake up, it's like I know it or I've seen it before, I don't know. I just can't explain it. I think it's more like a feeling, I guess. Maybe it's not the same thing, I don't know.
You don't need to explain b/c I've dreamt it too. In my dream I am going thru a wood--the trees arch overhead and make a green tunnel and it is so beautiful and there is a place I'm trying to get to but not quite making it but the trip sure is nice. I think I've had this dream about 3 times if not more and even though I don't dream as much as I used to, I've had all three more recently, though my health is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvictoria View Post
Thank you all for your replies. I have had the feeling for a long time but this is the first time I actually dreamt about it. I usually get the feeling when I see a place where there is a lot of modern, concrete buildings mixed with green shrub/trees. I feel like I have seen this before and if I could just concentrate enough, I can remember but the memory is just out of my reach. It is the most frustrating thing in the world. I wish there was a way to know about these things.
You'll know soon enough--I believe we'll all reach our home and that it's familiar b/c you almost remember it but not quite. It's just as well we don't remember or we'd all be trying to commit suicide. I look forward to it but I'm not in a hurry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 07:35 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
I'm with CALGUY on this, mostly.

I'd add the following: our spirits remain in the spirit world forever. A spirit projects itselt into the body in the 4 dimensional universe for a lifetime. We return to the spirit world in our sleep, but remain tethered here until we die. The knowledge of that world generally can't be brought into this one.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:34 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
One strange thing about my dreams is that I have written beautiful poetry in them. In my waking life, I don't write poetry at all, nor do I consider it remotely one of my talents.

I sometimes wake up remembering that I've just been in amazement at the poetry I've written, but of course I can't recall the words after I wake up.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:51 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvictoria View Post
I want to know if I am alone feeling this way - I sometimes feel homesick for a place that I know does not exist in this life. It is a weird feeling and very hard to explain like a nagging thought in the back of my mind, uncontrollable longing or a very strong craving. Wikipidia says Germans even have a name for it: Sehnsucht - "It is sometimes felt as a longing for a far off country, but not a particular earthly land which we can identify. Furthermore there is something in the experience which suggests this far off country is very familiar and indicative of what we might otherwise call "home".

It is usually a fleeting moment of memory that I experience in certain locations/scenery. Few months ago, however, I had a strange dream. It was one of those dreams which are emotionally so powerful you have a hard time forgetting. I think everyone has them once in a while. In any case, in my dream my son, my husband and I were in a small boat in a city in my home country. We were talking about something. It was one of those regular dreams when all of a sudden scenery changed and I felt I got yanked out of this dream. I was in a hallway of an apartment in a high rise building. There was a well dressed man in the apartment and he was showing me around. The apartment was very futuristic and he was showing me how to do things. He welcomed me back home and I remember walking to window and looking outside to a big city with incredibly tall buildings. Everything was very pristine but there was also lot of greenery but all landscaped not natural growth. And I remember feeling overwhelmed with this idea that I was home. That my job in this life was over and I remembered being sent to earth for some purpose/duty and now it was done and the relief I felt. I remembered everything, why I was there, how I was made to forget my real identity and now I was back to my own life. I guess it was just a dream but my feelings of being home was so strong, I woke up crying. Months afterwards, I still remember it and it fills me with longing to go back. For those of you wondering, I am not depressed about anything, my life is pretty good. So, do you ever miss home?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVmX6d1B1aU

My pet theory about the nature of the universe is that it's a creation or dynamic simulation (for lack of a better term) that's purpose is to create and train consciousness for existence in a highly evolved, unimaginably more technologically superior, "more real" universe, possibly with said consciousness making multiple runs through "lives" (aka, reincarnation) or different individual lives coming together to form Jungian style "superconscious" beings (aka, god or gods).

If that were the case, it would only be natural to miss the "real" world... that is, if any of us have actually lived there yet.

Beyond that, there would be no compelling reason to go through reincarnations in sequential order through history if our universe was not natural; your past life could have been in this universe's future.

Some periods of time make for more and/or "better" life experiences too; a consciousness could learn more about life by going through multiple runs with different perspectives through the 20th century than by living as a midevil serf over and over for centuries or a hunter-gatherer for tens of thousands of years when life changed very little from generation to generation.

Anyway, I have no proof that is the way of things, just ideas and guesses so take it for what it's worth...

Old 09-18-2013, 03:39 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,788,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Some periods of time make for more and/or "better" life experiences too; a consciousness could learn more about life by going through multiple runs with different perspectives through the 20th century than by living as a midevil serf over and over for centuries or a hunter-gatherer for tens of thousands of years when life changed very little from generation to generation.

Anyway, I have no proof that is the way of things, just ideas and guesses so take it for what it's worth...
Realizing that it's your own take on things and this is mine-- I've sometimes thought that maybe medieval times might hold more value spiritually. It seems like we have given up so much in the name of convenience and while I appreciate not having to worry that my baby is going to die if she gets a sneeze, I also think that spiritually we've lost a lot and sometimes I wonder if many of us are advancing. Perhaps the times make it more difficult to make good decisions though.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,709 times
Thank you, this is exactly my thoughts in words. Me too have dreams of places that do not exist or places bit modified and customized of the familiar place.
There are few places from dream which I remember since I was kid, I used to think that they really exist. They cross my mind for a instance suddenly when I am not even thinking about dreams.
And sometimes I deliberately go back to those places. I feel calm.. Silence not even a background noise. I don't know if I feel happy or sad..but the feeling is so deep back in mind locked pushed back over the time. But then I wonder how can I remember those places which doesn't exist and which I dreamt of at least 15 years ago. And why I still want to remember... As if I want to solve some mystery and if I forget it I will loose some clues...

Old 10-17-2015, 11:09 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Hmmm...I can't say that I've ever had that exactly but as an Aquarius, I am very fantasy driven. The closest I've come is I miss playing the Sims when I haven't played in a while as that is my second home. I get very engaged in my family that it's almost like a time sink and that doesn't happen as intensely with traditional video games (though I do love video games)

I do have my own world and check out often but most of the time they aren't places that don't exist just scenarios that aren't reality for me. My biggest thing is I miss people that aren't physically in my life as I am more of an observer and writer than sociable IRL.

Old 10-19-2015, 10:50 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I think that probably 95 to 99% of all dreams are just the subconscious mind trying to work things out or reacting to what its had to deal with or what you've been thinking about. But I believe sometimes, like with meditation, you can project your spirit or have it open up to the world around us or the spirit world just on the other side.
If you traveled enough you may well find a place in a foreign land that evokes memories or feelings. You were probably there in a former life. I think we're sent here to learn and to help others in the same predicament we're in. Some succeed, some fail miserably.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,574 times
There is good news, this place is existant and thriving, but seemingly unattainable outside of death or divine intervention. I've visited this realm in my life time, but I am unsure as to if I could find my way back over the bridge that I actually crossed to get there.

I'd like to think of it as heaven in the making, and I believe the man you encountered was the angel called Michael. He's an archangel and keeper of the otherworld realm. I find myself longing to return home often, but I already survived death once barely and made my decision to stay here on Earth with my daughter. I believe if I wouldn't have put it in my head to find my daughter that evening when I had a severe heart attack, I would have died and awoken on another realm or place of existence. This thinking didn't always be a strong belief of mine, it took years of study to understand what I had experienced, and an actual trip to another world while I was alive and consious, the exact place you described in your dream.

Dreams lead us on extreme adventures, from time to time, often into distant worlds alike the one you experieced in your dream. The places our mind takes us while we are asleep, are known as "astral-realms." These realms exist in our concious world, but are rarely visted without the aid of slumber, and your astral-body for realm traveling. This is a real part of the human-body, and this is usually only brought to awareness by a dream in which you find yourself flying, and/or in cases where a person experiences an "OBE" in which they find themselves floating up over their body and are able to see themselves while they are asleep. An "OBE" is an out of body experience, and this happens often in most people.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDPedersenL311 View Post
There is good news, this place is existant and thriving, but seemingly unattainable outside of death or divine intervention. I've visited this realm in my life time, but I am unsure as to if I could find my way back over the bridge that I actually crossed to get there.

I'd like to think of it as heaven in the making, and I believe the man you encountered was the angel called Michael. He's an archangel and keeper of the otherworld realm. I find myself longing to return home often, but I already survived death once barely and made my decision to stay here on Earth with my daughter. I believe if I wouldn't have put it in my head to find my daughter that evening when I had a severe heart attack, I would have died and awoken on another realm or place of existence. This thinking didn't always be a strong belief of mine, it took years of study to understand what I had experienced, and an actual trip to another world while I was alive and consious, the exact place you described in your dream.

Dreams lead us on extreme adventures, from time to time, often into distant worlds alike the one you experieced in your dream. The places our mind takes us while we are asleep, are known as "astral-realms." These realms exist in our concious world, but are rarely visted without the aid of slumber, and your astral-body for realm traveling. This is a real part of the human-body, and this is usually only brought to awareness by a dream in which you find yourself flying, and/or in cases where a person experiences an "OBE" in which they find themselves floating up over their body and are able to see themselves while they are asleep. An "OBE" is an out of body experience, and this happens often in most people.
There is one thing that doesn't add up about it being heaven in the making though. If this place exists then why is it that some people have reported to have simply blacked out when they have a near death experience?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal