Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 08:40 AM

101 posts, read 100,070 times

Advertisements

I was also confused about what she was saying but I believe that the more important issue is her belief that psychics have the ability to somehow solve her dilemma? Supposedly, a "psychic" uses some mystical ability to : connect, communicate, speak with, etc.; dead people. This type of fraud has been going on for thousands of years. We prosecute those how break the laws involved with "Ponzi schemes, insider trading, wire fraud, etc. yet we allow supposed "psychcis" to defraud thousands of people from their hard earned money. By latest count there are estimated to be over 100,000 "psychics' in the United States.
and they have defrauded their "customers" out of million of dollars. There are no "real Physics. They are all scam artists. They use a technique known as "cold reading" which was alluded to in earlier post on this thread. "Cold reading" involves the use of very general questions with the intent of "fishing" for potential "hits" or correct responses. The "reader" (physic) has no idea what these questions will lead to but the client (sitter) will try to adjust their own responses to what they believe the psychic wants to hear. This is called the "Forer Effect" and is also used by fortune tellers, palmists, crystal ball readers,
tarot cards, astrologists, etc. As soon as the psychic "channels" the sitter the rest is easy. Save your money; this is all a scam. If you seek "grief counseling" there are much less expensive methods and they don't involve "smoke and mirrors." Harry Houdini , the renowned escape artist and magician investigated hundreds of these supposed psychis/mediums and never failed to expose each and every on. Sylvia Brown(e), John Edwards and James Van Praagh are just a few of the recent physics who have been exposed. Theresa Caputo is next on the list and she will be exposed soon. These are not "victim less" crimes. Go to any big city or search the internet and notice how many ads there are for "physics/mediums". This is a multi-million dollar industry and unfortunately there is no legitimate certification or legal repercussion for this illicit activity. I would be more than willing to explain other techniques that psychics use to dupe their clients but I think I am running out of room on this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 02:33 PM

112 posts, read 177,380 times
Never have, never will, trust a "psychic", since I was told long ago that the ghost of a deceased ancestor, who died in the 1st Crusade, was still alive and trapped under one of the walls of Jerusalem and needed a thousand dollars to be rescued, to be given to the "psychic" , btw. Now being 10, I bought into that so quick it was frightening! Found out later the guy was a fraud, no joke, and had been arrested, mind you this was back in the 50s and weird stuff was going on all the time, even talk about UFOs.LOL

Old 02-14-2014, 01:52 AM

199 posts, read 591,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisaki View Post
i am involved with a guy we have been distant lately and also something i saw on fb led me to delete him. i have been to a lot of psychics who are mostly not using tools not saying a thing just my name and no info and everybody told me that he has strong feelings he will approach me and we will get closer in a relation. all told me he has financial setbacks now which they cant know and seems to be weird cause he works at a well paid job. long story short, thaey saw it happening before new year. im very sceptical though to be honest
Try tapping in to your own intuitive powers instead. There are numerous ways of doing this, although your insights may not come the split second you ask, nor can one predict the way in which you receive it.

For example, your dreams are a powerful link to your true self, kind of a superhighway to your core desires. Dream interpretation and analysis requires a certain amount of practice and developed skill. I've been at it for decades. Sometimes, I would say often, I'll "get it" right away, pretty much as I'm writing up my description of the dream.

Sometimes, I won't figure things out until years, or even decades have passed.

I really don't know if there is such a thing as a "quick fix" that you can get by paying someone $50 bucks. Self awareness IME is acquired through a lot of introspection and self analysis. A good dose of honesty always helps as well.

In my waking hours, I will sometimes develop an intense fascination with a particularly radiant figure as I am brought into their orbit.

And I am quite certain that I have done the same, bringing countless people into my life in a manner which is not very different from a simple physical, electro-magnetic pull. The human brain after all, is the most powerful organic supercomputer on the planet, so even a skeptic would have to admit that each of these extraordinarily complex and active centers of electrical activity could very well create a "broadcast signal" of some kind. It's not very far-fetched to posit a "relay system" or "network" of some kind that we could link into if we so desired.

My practical suggestion to you, is to develop an awareness of these magnetic attractions and relations which you are simultaneously creating and being drawn into. It requires an openness to the process, so perhaps develop the ability to immerse yourself in your environment from now on, letting yourself feel the energy of those around you, and you will "tune in" to what you are looking for: which is a mutual, loving relationship.

The first step is getting to know yourself. A large task, but infinitely enjoyable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal