Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 02:26 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,211,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixum View Post
One thing all these haunted house, exorcism type movies all agree on is..... The 3am-315 in the morning when most activity happens. I've always wondered if this is true. Is their dark forces that lurk during this small time frame?!

When I lived in an active haunted house, the 3 AM hour all seemed to be unusually "active". Some explain it by saying that it's the "dead of night". Right between 12 midnight and 6 AM, when it may begin to get lighter. I've heard other explanations.

Whatever the explanations, it does seem true. The third hour of each new day is more active when it comes to ongoing hauntings and it is an hour when one is most likely to experience first time phenomena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 02:28 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,001,042 times
It could not be 3am - 3:15am..........I was born at 12:43am

Old 10-26-2013, 02:30 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,211,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It could not be 3am - 3:15am..........I was born at 12:43am

That's a pretty dam evil time also! So you're good!

Old 10-26-2013, 07:13 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,939,671 times
"Events" happen at all times of day, but they seem to be worse at night because that is the time people are usually trying to sleep, so any noise you hear is going to be worse.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:35 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times
In Swedish folklore, that time of the night is referred to as the Hour of the Wolf, or Wolf Time. The narrator of the introduction to Bergman's movie of the same name (fans of the horror genre should check it out) says:

Quote:
According to the ancient Romans, the Hour of the Wolf means the time between night and dawn, just before the light comes, and people believed it to be the time when demons had a heightened power and vitality, the hour when most people died and most children were born, and when nightmares came to one.
Those interested in reading more about the role of the night and beliefs surrounding it in earlier centuries might look at their local library or online for "At Day's Close: Night in Times Past", by A. Roger Ekirch.

Old 05-03-2018, 11:42 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,903,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I thought it was 3-4 am...what about 12-3am, or 4-5pm? What's so special about 3am?
According to the gospel accounts, Christ died at 3pm so 3am would be the farthest from the Roman watch in which he died (watches were measured at 3 hour intervals). It would thus be similar I think to the upside down crucifix or Black Mass in Satanic lore.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:56 AM

10,904 posts, read 5,877,981 times
3 to 3:30 is the time of night when the circadian rhythms raises body temperature, melatonin production ceases and many people wake up. I wake up at that time every morning and if I'm lucky I go back to sleep again. It's also the time that shift workers have the most accidents/make the most mistakes (according to safety sats). For them, it's the time they have the strongest urge to sleep.

So any noises at that time will be heard.

Old 05-05-2018, 12:56 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,647,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
3 to 3:30 is the time of night when the circadian rhythms raises body temperature, melatonin production ceases and many people wake up. I wake up at that time every morning and if I'm lucky I go back to sleep again. It's also the time that shift workers have the most accidents/make the most mistakes (according to safety sats). For them, it's the time they have the strongest urge to sleep.

So any noises at that time will be heard.
Yep. At least 3 days out of the week, I wake up around 315. Takes me about 30 mins to go back to sleep.

Old 05-08-2018, 10:49 PM

6,901 posts, read 6,804,741 times
I think it is only natural that there should be some times when the "veil is thinner" - rather like at Halloween when it is said that happens too. If there is another dimension, there there are likely to be times and places where it becomes closer to our own dimension, and why not on a daily basis. Some people believe there are portals which open and close at various times and in various places on Earth which can be used to naturally move between dimensions.

The other thing to remember is that most of our senses seem to focus on the visual sense and at night time we are virtually blind due to our eyes not being particularly large or adapted for night vision. That means we are likely to be more scared, more handicapped when we cannot see with our eyes what is there in front of us. People who have the ability to sense ghosts do not use eyes to perceive the paranormal and are used to receiving impressions that way.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:33 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,722,876 times
Nearly all of my unambiguous paranormal experiences happened in the day or early evening.

I do think the times around 2-3 AM have a psychological effect on people however... it's when the night feels the darkest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal