Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 11:33 AM

3,721 posts, read 7,824,413 times

Advertisements

Glad you are okay Jess.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:58 AM

8,549 posts, read 10,973,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
was resuscitated 3 times. I didn't see Michael Jackson, Jesus Christ, Elvis, nor my son Michael. I didn't go to a fiery place, or float in the air on beautiful white fluffy clouds while eating the best chocolate made. I never met the mean guy with horns and a pitchfork, or God telling me that I had to go back to earth, it just wasn't time to come home. The tunnel of light never beckoned. I never saw my dead friends and family walking around like robots, saying "We're fine" in a flat, exprexionless voice, "We're OK." I was never taken to a place of healing where I could rest up. I never came back as another person in another decade. I have been asked many questions, but all I can say is that I remember nothing at all. Like you're asleep with no nightmares. I died Tuesday before last, but I wish I had stayed at a Howard Johnsons, it would have been a lot cheaper!
This is a joke, right?
Bob.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
It would be so depressing to die like that, why live at all if this is all there is?

Old 11-08-2013, 05:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
was resuscitated 3 times. I didn't see Michael Jackson, Jesus Christ, Elvis, nor my son Michael. I didn't go to a fiery place, or float in the air on beautiful white fluffy clouds while eating the best chocolate made. I never met the mean guy with horns and a pitchfork, or God telling me that I had to go back to earth, it just wasn't time to come home. The tunnel of light never beckoned. I never saw my dead friends and family walking around like robots, saying "We're fine" in a flat, exprexionless voice, "We're OK." I was never taken to a place of healing where I could rest up. I never came back as another person in another decade. I have been asked many questions, but all I can say is that I remember nothing at all. Like you're asleep with no nightmares. I died Tuesday before last, but I wish I had stayed at a Howard Johnsons, it would have been a lot cheaper!
are you sure you just weren't in Philadelphia?

Old 11-08-2013, 05:47 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times
Well Jess, don't know what to say about your experience.....or non experience, rather, but am glad that you didn't die. Hope you continue to have better health.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
..Makes one wonder if there is absolutely nothing after this life, then what was the point of living it at all.
There is life after this life. And it's not just a religion belief.
I just know it and am sure about that 1000% !
But, unfortunately, I can't prove it. I just have my own experience that proves it for myself. All I can say reincarnation is for real. And the point of living is to acquire knowledges and to accumulate spiritual values. Little by little and life by life, eventually we will get the real KNOWLEDGE of life. I mean our consciousness will contain underatanding of all manifestations of life. And it is not a sweet utopia.. We have alot of examples of it. Wise thinkers, great scientists or even child prodigies do not appear from nothing. They all collected their striking talents and skills in the past. They are just fulfilling themselves in this life. It is impossible to become a great composer in 12 years. Especially, if his parents were just ordinary people.
So, we must constantly learn, learn and learn - for the sake of our individual progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
My brain can't comprehend complete non-existence after death.
Brain is mortal. But spiritual consciousness is immortal. It lives in our spirit.
The more spiritual assets you get in your mundane life, the more spiritual existence you have in supermundane world.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairfax Mom View Post
why live at all if this is all there is?
Our lives are pointless and meaningless if we belive that we live just once. But !
We don't have to perceive ourselves with our physical bodies. We must identify ourselves with our spirit that lives inside our body. The spirit is eternal as God himself. We had thousand bodies in the past that all died some time. Not a big deal. Our spirit will get a new one in a new reincarnation.
Our physical bodies are just a temporary instrument for getting some experiences for our spirit.

Old 11-09-2013, 04:44 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Our lives are pointless and meaningless if we belive that we live just once. But !
We don't have to perceive ourselves with our physical bodies. We must identify ourselves with our spirit that lives inside our body. The spirit is eternal as God himself. We had thousand bodies in the past that all died some time. Not a big deal. Our spirit will get a new one in a new reincarnation.
Our physical bodies are just a temporary instrument for getting some experiences for our spirit.
This pissees me off when I hear people say this... Pointless? Meaningless? How can YOU be so sure god exists? There is no proof and an afterlife, it is not promised nor is there proof of that either. Faith is not enough I'm sorry. Every time I hear you people talk like this I think of the quote below , truely think about what you just said..

The lives you impacted and changed. And to think YOU think every moment of that was pointless and meaningless. Perhaps bring that up at a next important family meaning. Tell them all how pointless their lives are to not only them but you as well. All their actions and love might as well be spared for all you care, no?

Old 11-09-2013, 07:13 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,440,513 times
No, you didn't die. You were unconscious and you came to.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
This pissees me off when I hear people say this... Pointless? Meaningless? How can YOU be so sure god exists? There is no proof and an afterlife, it is not promised nor is there proof of that either. Faith is not enough I'm sorry.
You have read my posts not carefully. I was talking about KNOWLEDGE, not faith. And I didn't say I can prove my knowledge (especially, to people who has no similar spiritual knowledge and experience)
Here is what I wrote above :
Quote:
I just know it and am sure about that 1000% !
But, unfortunately, I can't prove it. I just have my own experience that proves it for myself.
And I don't belive in ecclesiastical church god as well. I have used the word "God" to express a single principle of the Universe, the integrated Law of Life.
But it seems to me, we are on different pages of the philosophical book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
The lives you impacted and changed. And to think YOU think every moment of that was pointless and meaningless. Perhaps bring that up at a next important family meaning. Tell them all how pointless their lives are to not only them but you as well. All their actions and love might as well be spared for all you care, no?
You are right. There are alot important things in our lives...
But, if we live once and afterlife we anyway will get only unconsciousness and nothingness, then all those things don't matter at all. It dosn't matter if we die in 75 or in 89. Anyway, we won't happy that we lived a few years more. We won't realize the difference in the "nothingness". In 100 years, we won't care about it at all. It's pointless to strive to live. Anyway, sooner or later, everything will go to emptyness. This is an atheistic scheme of things.
BUT!!!!
When a person starts to aware of continuity of being in his spirit then he get some new meaning of life. He don't need any proofs. He feels everything himself.
It's ok to not believe in god, but we must live in our spirit. Unfortunately, the vast majority of people do not wake up to spiritual life. They are still sleeping in their material mercantile world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal