Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 01:11 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,902,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Posts 57 and 58, both very possible , imo.
In this earlier thread, Timing2012 and Nancy in Nokomis as well as others discussed the drugs or mental illness possibilities:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...s-angeles.html

Which beats my comment in this thread by 9 months in which I said it looked to me like a psychotic episode. So Timing2012 and Nancy get the prize!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 05:39 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,831,174 times
FWIW, this is what I believe happened to Elisa Lam.

She was killed by one person or possibly 2 persons. I believe the killer or killers were outside the elevator out of camera view. The killer or killers either worked in the hotel or lived in the hotel. I believe the killer or killers lured Elisa to the roof and raped her on the roof top. She was then put in the water tank either alive and conscious or alive and unconscious. Her clothes had sand similar to the sand on the roof. The killer or killers knew about the water tank. The alarm to the door that leads to the roof was not tripped. This is another reason why I believe the killer or killers knew the building really well.

The infamous video's time stamp has been altered. The video shows her in a slow speed. If you watch the video in normal speed she is not doing anything strange as so many people point out. Who altered the video's time stamp? LAPD? Hotel personnel?

These following theories I just do not believe at all:

1.) She was sleepwalking.
2.) She was on drugs.
3.) She was drunk.
4.) She was possessed by a ghost or demon.
5.) She committed suicide.
6.) She was killed by someone connected to a Canadian company that had clocking technology. (This theory is one of the most popular.)
7.) She was playing the Elevator Game. (Another popular theory. The Elevator Game is similar to playing Bloody Mary. I don't believe in this BUT I would recommend not to play it.)
8.) In the video, right before she's seen for the very last time by the camera, she steps over what appears to be a shoe. She is stepping over her own foot- her left foot is cockeyed towards the right.
9.) The graffiti on the roof near the water tank that is written in Latin which loosely translates to "yeah, she was a c*nt) had nothing to do with Elisa.

If you watch the video carefully you can see the right side elevator door slightly come out of the pocket as to close and return to the inside of the pocket. I believe the button outside in the elevator foyer is being pushed. When Elisa steps out of the elevator and goes to the left you can barely see her right leg and right side of her skirt "bump" up slightly. I believe the killer grabbed her by the neck or hair. Then you can see Elisa turn toward the right and start waving her arms around. I believe what she is doing is trying to tell the person who has grabbed her that she doesn't want to go with him/her/them or she is explaining why she rejected this person or persons. She knew she couldn't get away and she just follows. She is now out of the camera's view.

I hope the movie coming out on Elisa Lam is not 'Hollywood-ized" and/or made to appear that it was paranormal. Elisa's parents have filed a wrongful death suit against the hotel. The court dates are set for 2016.

I am very hopeful the perpetrator(s) will be caught.

-Cheers.

Last edited by MountainBiking; 10-13-2015 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 10-13-2015, 07:20 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,831,174 times
Sorry. The editing timer expired.

#6 above should say CLOAKING technology.

-Cheers.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:24 AM

78 posts, read 77,039 times
It is pretty obvious this is foul play and murder involved if there was indication of sexual trauma. If not, an employee who had access. Who takes all their clothes off for suicide unless their mentally retarded or deranged? Either way she was disposed of in tank.

Old 10-14-2015, 07:16 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,284,949 times
People were literally drinking corpse water for 20 days in that hotel. I wonder how they've coped with that since then? That could really traumatize some people. And affect their health.

Anyway, a quick Google search shows that the Cecil Hotel was renamed in 2013, then was eventually closed. No longer in business. If true, that's a very good thing.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 2,688 times
Default Mystery solved, Murder case to be investigated

The Mystery of the Elisa Lam Case ist solved.
Here https://mordfall-elisa-lam.com/ what hapened.
The door of the elevator was manipulated with a needle, only this can explain the reaction of the elevator starting at 00:13 in the video.
At 02:57 there is PROOF that the video was manipulated too, just in the period, when the needle was taken out after the Murderer got Elisa to trust and follow hin, he then came back, took out the needle that blocked the push-Button and in this Moment he may be appeared on the video. And exactly this has been cut out, the link shows PROOf for this.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:24 PM

2,648 posts, read 2,289,038 times
not sure if this was posted or not because I've only read half the responses, but I want to post before I lose the link.

Cecil Hotel Employee Explains How He Found The Body Of Elisa Lam: LAist

Old 10-03-2016, 02:58 AM

4,650 posts, read 4,085,887 times
For whatever it is worth, I read here and a couple of other places that the police do NOT consider this a mystery:

https://www.reddit.com/r/UnresolvedM...ng_link_heavy/

She was not taking her full perscription of medication, and without the stabilizers, the ones that she was taking are fully capable of causing a psychotic break.

Some of the misconceptions I have seen on this thread:

1) Her clothes were missing--they were actually found floating next to her

2) The tape has been altered--even if true, the police might have altered it before releasing it to protect the identify of someone else who innocently wandered into the scene

3) She was raped--the rape kit was not processed, but there was no obvious signs. Some anal bleeding is consitent with decomposition

4) She could not have reached the tanks--the fire escape

5) She was too big to enter the aperature of the tanks--her blaoted body was too big to remove. It does not mean that she could not have gotten in

6) I think most of us throw out possession, parallel dimension games, and this sort of crap a priori.

Having looked into this a bit, I feel horrible for this poor girl and hope she is resting in the peace she never had in life.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:05 AM

2 posts, read 2,688 times
Why can`t I post a link? Whern I post a link, it is not functioning.

https://mordfall-elisa-lam.com

And again, the solution of the mystery in the Case Elisa Lam ist FOUND and PROOFED

Of cause it can willingly be ignored or not understood, but this later is a problem of society. May be end of democracy is requiered, because people living on earth today are too damaged to practice it?
All has consequences.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:00 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,287,539 times
I LOVE to watch horror movies and am not easily scared. I watched her video in the lift and must say I won't want to watch it again! That was really something eery about it, her behaviours, the spooky lift, the quietness about the video and all! This might of been a true case of paranormal death..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal