U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 10:14 AM

3,616 posts, read 2,932,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Actually it doesn't look like the one in the original fist link that I posted. If you played the video the clouds on the sides of the man's "target" cloud also disappeared. That would be a great case for bias in any experiment. Actually I did not even play the whole video. The first part was just new age BS and not about the subject.
He mentions in the new age BS section that someone says we use all of our brain all of the time, others say we only use 10% of our brain. Sorry, I don't know anyone familiar with contemporary brain research who says either of these things. The 10% thing is an obsolete claim from maybe 1950, when we didn't know as much about the brain as we do now, and the contemporary view is that all of our brain tissue has one or more functions but not everything is equally active at a given time ... You can see this in PET scans of metabolic activity.

He also talks about "clicking" our amygdalas "forward" ... This is complete BS and it misstates the role of the amygdala which is involved in memory consolidation and emotIonal conditioning, neither of which involve anything "clicking". Using scientific terminology doesn't make what you're saying science. In the video, note the cloud to the left is also disappearing ... And the other clouds aren't because they're bigger (hence caused by bigger updrafts of warm air which will take longer to dissipate due to their size). But if you watch the bigger clouds, you'll see they're dissipating, too ... It's just taking them longer. I think there's a certain amount of self delusion happening on his part.

It's an experiment, but it's not scientific ... There's no control group and he's not controlling for any variables (like target cloud size and time to disappearance). If yoga practitioners do this, I suspect it's more about mental discipline than something objectively happening due to "brain power".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 05:01 PM

11,510 posts, read 9,562,191 times
Here are three other links that are also describing this "power". SoulPancake / Conversations / Cloud Bursting! Make clouds disappear with your mind...today!, http://ezinearticles.com/?Mind-Power...ar!&id=3156654, Psychic Powers, Psychokinesis Power of Mind over Matter Weather Control.

Here is one more that also has a video - but the "target" cloud is very small. How to make clouds disappear with your Mind

I was more of a believer when I tried this thirty or forty years ago. Then I felt that I could truly single out specific clouds and make them disappear. Today I am not as sure as I was back then.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 671 times
Try making clouds stay there or get bigger and if it works then it's true if it fails and the cloud dissapears anyways then it's all a hoax

Old 06-16-2017, 07:39 PM

1 posts, read 439 times
Default I believe you Fisheye

I know this post was long ago but I too have had the same experience making clouds dissappear.
Not sure why I randomly searched for this again on Google today but came across your post.
Did you ever find out a reason why we are able to do this?

Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 AM

3,026 posts, read 740,096 times
Im beginning to think there is a lot more to clouds than we currently know. I keep up with the national UFO reports and from other countries, there are quite a few reports that involve strange crafts coming and going from clouds. I think they use them in some way.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:58 PM

12,449 posts, read 9,462,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavtv View Post
...Did you ever find out a reason why we are able to do this?
You aren't able to do it. These "abilities" ALWAYS vanish in a controlled experiment.

Old 06-25-2017, 02:45 PM

991 posts, read 1,262,607 times
This thread is hilarious. It seems to me that if someone has the mind control to be able to move or alter a vaporous mass that is perhaps 15-30K feet up in the air, that same person should have no trouble at all getting a pencil to roll across a flat table-top. You cloud movers, let us know how you do getting something to move that isn't already moving to begin with!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:42 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,136,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Like I originally stated: I am a non-believing skeptic. I probably would not have even started this thread if I never Googled "making clouds disappear".
A non-believing skeptic? Isn't that redundant?

Old 07-04-2017, 10:34 AM

928 posts, read 1,215,497 times
Back in the days of film, you could buy a ND 10 filter that was so dense, daylight exposures were around and hour or two. Anything that moved didn't stay in the frame long enough to register an image. That would make a major highway at rush hour look completely empty. I guess you could do the same thing with cloud photo's, at least if they're moving fast enough.

Old 01-29-2018, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 196 times
My sincere opinion on the matter...I feel it is important to note that while science and logic are essential towards defining and understanding the role we play within this universe. As time goes on we seem to be coming to conclusions on various matters that defy both scientific explanation or astute logic. For example: A recent article I read, which was corroborated and studied by scientists claims that a mummified monk found in the lotus position is over 200 years old. More importantly the scientists studying this being have claimed that it is still technically alive. Google it if you don’t believe me... While I will not go into detail into how or why this could be possible I am simply trying to illustrate a point here. My point being that if I went up to a modern day Albert Einstein and told him I was going to live to be 200+ years of age he would dismiss me as crazy, most likely explaining to me that it is physically impossible with the technology we have now to live to that age. How is it that a monk who lived in an era where the average age of death was around 40 years of age, is deemed technically alive today. As I stated earlier there is no science or logic which can explain this event and to my overall point I will eventually get to (bear with me here, it’s worth it) I am trying to say that there is in fact a lot of events that cannot be explained using your traditional means of hypothesis/conclusion argument. A woman was completely frozen in a storm overnight a while back and was thawed at the hospital only to come back to life after they had thawed her. Once again scientifically impossible but yet it happened. This brings me to my final point that cloudbursting/cloudbusting whatever you want to call it, is in fact possible. I know this because I am able to do it with a 100% success rate on cumulus clouds ONLY. I don’t know why it doesn’t work on other types but it doesn’t. I have not told many people besides some close friends and family of this ability but it is very possible and I will add two links to videos I made last week to prove to you skeptics out there it is possible. The clouds in the videos are much to large to detteriorate in the time frame of the videos (4-6 minutes) and if there’s a scientist out there whose reading this who wants to test this out I am more than willing to prove it to you. But I digress, the reason I felt compelled to write this and share this ability I know I have is because EVERYONE HAS IT. I am not special, I have simply taken the time to practice and figure out what works and what doesn’t. The correct way and the incorrect way. The harmony that we humans share with this universe is often overlooked, especially now a days living in a era that is extremely limiting towards imagination and creativity. While there are a lot of things I cannot do ie. move a pencil with my mind, or see with my eyes closed. I know for certain I am able to dissolve cumulus clouds by channeling the energy that pervades all things and directing it towards the selected cloud through the use of my third eye. I don’t know why or how this works exactly, I have a theory but there is no way for me to test it without artificially creating a cumulus cloud and then studying the response of the cloud. Anyways enough talk here are the links https://youtu.be/XTSeoLZNIGA & https://youtu.be/XKs6MR26JOc you can be the judge. I hope that one day we are all able to accept and recgocnize that science and logic are essential to fully understand the universe we live in, but spirituality and the ethereal are equally just as important for is to study to get a COMPLETE view of the universe we live in and our place within that universe.
The two most important days in your life, the day you are born and the day you find out why. — Mark Twain.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or