U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:36 AM

3,442 posts, read 2,805,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
With my polarized sunglasses the sky looked different. It looked as if you could see small wispy clouds rising. I even gave my sunglasses to my partner to confirm my observations. This was not happening just in one place; we were covering thousands of miles.
Probable explanation:

https://vimeo.com/63191422

Quote:
Perhaps Al Gore, while flying all over the world to environmental summits; was changing the weather more than he knew?
He was busy inventing the internet at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:44 PM

10,912 posts, read 9,199,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Probable explanation:

[vimeo]63191422[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/63191422
No; we tried that. Both me and retired school teacher that I drove truck with thought about trying my polarized glasses at a 90 degree angle. It was not cumulous clouds on the horizon. It was wispy clouds rising. I/we did not know if it had something to do with the particles emitted from the jet engines that, when they were flying, helped condensate the moisture? Like I said; I tried to research it - but I am not a good researcher. I checked all the national weather sites that I knew about.

I still think that it would be a worthwhile research project. The biggest problem is trying to find the old archives that might shed some light on the subject. I just found the following link that kind of supports my observations (although nobody mentioned looking at the skies with polarized glasses): https://globalnews.ca/news/2934513/e...ge-experiment/. Play that first YouTube video; it is interesting to see how many planes were grounded and how quick our skies changed.

Old Today, 05:35 PM

3,442 posts, read 2,805,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No; we tried that. Both me and retired school teacher that I drove truck with thought about trying my polarized glasses at a 90 degree angle. It was not cumulous clouds on the horizon. It was wispy clouds rising. I/we did not know if it had something to do with the particles emitted from the jet engines that, when they were flying, helped condensate the moisture? Like I said; I tried to research it - but I am not a good researcher. I checked all the national weather sites that I knew about.

I still think that it would be a worthwhile research project. The biggest problem is trying to find the old archives that might shed some light on the subject. I just found the following link that kind of supports my observations (although nobody mentioned looking at the skies with polarized glasses): https://globalnews.ca/news/2934513/e...ge-experiment/. Play that first YouTube video; it is interesting to see how many planes were grounded and how quick our skies changed.
Interesting article - hadn't heard of the effect on temperature before. The wispy clouds sound like cirrus; one possibility that comes to mind is, if there are a lot of contrails they will use up a lot of moisture in the atmosphere when forming, which could leave less moisture for cirrus to form.

Old Today, 06:24 PM

10,912 posts, read 9,199,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Interesting article - hadn't heard of the effect on temperature before. The wispy clouds sound like cirrus; one possibility that comes to mind is, if there are a lot of contrails they will use up a lot of moisture in the atmosphere when forming, which could leave less moisture for cirrus to form.
Actually they looked more line Cirrocumulus clouds; but they only occur at around 39,000 ft. Cirrus clouds are around 20,000 ft. But what we were observing was much closer to the ground; some I would have guessed at just a few hundred feet above the ground. But we did not get out and measure (if it was even possible to measure); we had to keep our wheels turning to rake in the big bucks! We were averaging about 5,400 miles/week; so we did cover a good portion of our Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal