Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 11:25 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,476,977 times

Advertisements

I have watched several of these episodes, but am certainly not a big fan. I have no idea if Bigfoot is real or not, The thing about this show though that makes me nuts is that EVERY single show they hear Bigfoot. It doesn't matter where they go someone hears it. Ok, lets be real, even if Bigfoot was real there would probably not be a ton of them or we would have real evidence by now. So the odds are almost nill that they would hear Bigfoot everywhere they went. I think that really takes away a lot from the show. As far as I am concerned, I will believe in Bigfoot when a hunter shoots one or they find a preserved dead one somewhere and they can then prove its existance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 06:08 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
I find the show silly, And do not believe it to be real at all. Much like ghost adventures. Ghost hunting and crypto hunting have become trendy, And when something becomes trendy many jump on the bandwagon. If Biggie is real I really hope a hunter does not shoot it. There are many things still undiscovered on land and in sea on Earth. Sadly, Human discovery usually spells doom for things like that. We do not have a great track record of preserving life and the environment and mostly destroy things.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:38 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Yes, that is probably the dumbest bunch of people on TV, but for some reason, if nothing better is on we may watch it and have fun making fun of them. You would think that after all those episodes they might have actually seen something if there was anything to see. The most annoying thing is when they say "Bigfoots". Seems like the plural would be "Bigfeet".

Old 12-14-2013, 07:43 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,940,900 times
Matt "Moneymaker". 'Nuff said.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:43 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,056,554 times
My own personal take on the Yeti, Sasquatch, Bigfoot, is that IF it exists( and there are legends of it so it is possible. Anything is possible) it may not be what people think it is. What if it isn't a subspecies or man or ape but something far more intelligent or even of supernatural origins?
The bible has stories of the nephilim, the progeny of unions between fallen angles and man. I. E. Giants. What if these are them, incredibly long lived or even near immortal beings that hide in the wastelands like it says and simply don't want people discovering them.
I'd say that they're wild creatures is the least plausible explanation for their existence. I've also heard suggestions they're aliens ( I saw The Six Million Dollar man episode with Bigfoot which was along those lines).
Its a fun legend or myth that's intriguing but I don't take it too seriously.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:37 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
About eight years ago my wife and I saw a mountain lion in Northeastern PA. I called it into our local Game Commission and they basically told me to give up drinking. They also told me that no such critter lived in PA. I asked them if it was OK to shoot one if I ever saw it again. They responded that it is endangered and I would be fined if I would shoot the animal. I asked how it could be endangered if it did not exist. Regardless; I promised that I would not shoot it if I saw it again.

In 2011 a Connecticut woman hit a mountain lion with her vehicle: Mountain lion killed in Conn. had walked from S. Dakota. Supposedly the lion walked from South Dakota. Connecticut is farther from South Dakota than Pennsylvania.

But this gets me back to the subject of Big Foot. How many vehicles on our roads? I can understand PA not believing our report of a mountain lion because none have shown up as road kill. If Big Foot did exist; you would think that a carcass would end up on the side of our busy roads. Even humans get hit trying to cross our roads. It is almost impossible to travel without encountering vehicles. These creatures are large enough that any motorist encountering them would almost be forced into reporting the incident because of the damage to their vehicle. I just cannot picture them going unnoticed for so long.

Old 12-14-2013, 03:12 PM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,307 times
Unless... the Romulans brought them here, and gave them cloaking technology.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:24 PM

Suppose bigfoot exists, and is some sort of hominid. If they're intermediate in intelligence between the chimp and humans and have some level of language, I'd think they'd be adept at avoiding cars, only cross roads at times of the night when there are few cars on the road, and avoid interstate highways that are busy most of the time. I'd think by now they'd be aware there are a lot of "squatchin" groups running around looking for them and doing things like wood knocks and howls.

My personal position? Like Jane Goodall and a well-known university biologist I used to know who had a whole file cabinet full of bigfoot/yeti material but didn't talk about it much because of the possible consequences, I hope they do exist.

Transcript of Dr. Jane Goodall's Comments on NPR Regarding Sasquatch

For those who haven't seen the show, here's a synopsis:

Matt Moneymaker or Bobo: "I do believe there's a squatch in these woods."
Ranae the biologist: "Guys, without further information, that sound could have been almost anything."
Matt and Bobo look at each other knowingly and roll their eyes in disgust at the skeptic.
The squatchers then run madly after the sound they heard hoping apparently that the "squatch" will wait patiently for them to show up and film it or maybe clip a lock of its hair.

That's pretty much the whole show.

Old 12-15-2013, 02:51 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Suppose bigfoot exists, and is some sort of hominid. If they're intermediate in intelligence between the chimp and humans and have some level of language, I'd think they'd be adept at avoiding cars, only cross roads at times of the night when there are few cars on the road, and avoid interstate highways that are busy most of the time. I'd think by now they'd be aware there are a lot of "squatchin" groups running around looking for them and doing things like wood knocks and howls.

My personal position? Like Jane Goodall and a well-known university biologist I used to know who had a whole file cabinet full of bigfoot/yeti material but didn't talk about it much because of the possible consequences, I hope they do exist.

Transcript of Dr. Jane Goodall's Comments on NPR Regarding Sasquatch

For those who haven't seen the show, here's a synopsis:

Matt Moneymaker or Bobo: "I do believe there's a squatch in these woods."
Ranae the biologist: "Guys, without further information, that sound could have been almost anything."
Matt and Bobo look at each other knowingly and roll their eyes in disgust at the skeptic.
The squatchers then run madly after the sound they heard hoping apparently that the "squatch" will wait patiently for them to show up and film it or maybe clip a lock of its hair.

That's pretty much the whole show.
Here is a more logical explanation of Big Foot: Three legged Bear Walking Upright. I gave my two cents worth on that thread. It would explain only random sightings a scarce tracks.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Here is a more logical explanation of Big Foot: Three legged Bear Walking Upright. I gave my two cents worth on that thread. It would explain only random sightings a scarce tracks.
I suspect many or most bigfoot sightings are misidentifications (bears, hunters or pranksters in ghilli suits) and there are some frauds mixed in there. But there is a minority that are not so easily dismissed. Although three legged bears may explain a small percentage of sightings, I don't think they explain most of them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal