U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 11:04 PM

3,165 posts, read 3,961,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
I remember the first time I visited Connecticut I had the distinct feeling that I had finally come home. And after each visit, returning to S. California became almost unbearable. In fact, the last time I visited I prolonged my visit to the extent that I compromised my job in California.

I subsequently discovered, in 2008, that my 9th great-grandfather was among the first of 40 or so settlers to be granted acreage in, and around the ancient town of Norwich, CT. I've been able to find, and validate the location where my 9th great-grandfather settled in, or around 1655, off of Town Street in Norwich CT, a place that I visited once, and would like to revisit one day. The Lathrop B&B stands on the property that was once my 9th great-grandfather's property in the 17th century.

I have done some exhaustive genealogical research in order to corroborate this data that only became available to me when my grandmother died. The information I've been able to retrieve is absolutely uncanny and when I think of it I get the most eerie feeling.

The northwestern part of CT is most inviting. It has a soft beauty that almost whispered to me. Even what they consider to be slums of Norwich I find to be appealing.
And see that's the thing. Not only did I have a few relatives who were Confederate soldiers who played a role in defending Vicksburg in the Civil War. I had relatives who lived on the Tennessee/Mississippi state line at the time as well. Up until around just less than 50 years ago.

I found that as odd a connection as anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 09:50 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,445,416 times
I've been drawn to Paris since I was a kid. When I finally made it there as an adult---and stood in the park areas surrounding the Eiffel Tower, I broke into tears. My teenage son looked at me like I was nuts until I explained how I had always wanted/needed to be in this spot. The urge to emote was so very strong, I couldn't hold back. This--and sitting atop Montmartre (also in Paris) were other-worldly experiences for me. There have been other places I have been drawn to, but nowhere quite like Paris.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyTam View Post
I've been drawn to Paris since I was a kid. When I finally made it there as an adult---and stood in the park areas surrounding the Eiffel Tower, I broke into tears. My teenage son looked at me like I was nuts until I explained how I had always wanted/needed to be in this spot. The urge to emote was so very strong, I couldn't hold back. This--and sitting atop Montmartre (also in Paris) were other-worldly experiences for me. There have been other places I have been drawn to, but nowhere quite like Paris.
If you feel for it. Go for it.

Old 12-28-2013, 07:33 AM

533 posts, read 916,911 times
I've been really drawn to Appalachia and the extension of Appalachia (Missouri and Arkansas Ozarks) for a long time. Found out recently that my ancestors settled in North Georgia and Tennessee before moving to the Arkansas and Missouri Ozarks.

Whenever I'm in those areas (GA, TN, AR, MO) it's like I can literally feel something in my bones that tells me I'm home and I don't even live in those states.

Old 12-28-2013, 06:44 PM

273 posts, read 328,826 times
I was drawn to Columbus, Ohio for the longest time. My personal development accelerated insanely once I moved there. Now I feel I've exhausted what the area can do for me and feel myself drawn to Appalachia, Maine, or Colorado.

I'll be doing what I can to move to these areas as soon as possible.

Old 12-29-2013, 04:46 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,350,726 times
I have been drawn to China, the Scottish Highlands, and the desert. I have never been to the first 2 and have just been in the desert a very short time.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:52 AM

3 posts, read 7,693 times
I have been drawn to Negril,Jamaica-I have been there numerous times and I just feel "at home" there.It was also my very first personal ghost encounter there too.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:48 AM

11,076 posts, read 7,186,169 times
I've always felt the need to go west, but until I visited Florida, I had no idea how far west I had needed to go. I'm in the UK!

The way life is going, it doesn't look like I'll even get to visit the place again.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I've always felt the need to go west, but until I visited Florida, I had no idea how far west I had needed to go. I'm in the UK!

The way life is going, it doesn't look like I'll even get to visit the place again.
That is at times the misfortune of the situation.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:44 AM

2,710 posts, read 2,987,428 times
I think that maybe we are aware of our Earthly Mission and that would draw us to certain places where we have to work. I had no idea why I wanted to come where I am now - except that I felt I had to go there. If anyone had suggested even 2 years prior to moving that I would make this place my home, I would never have believed them. My whole life changed in 18 months.

Yes, I think certain peoplle are drawn to certain areas and it just feels right. It could be a remebering from another lifetime of course - if you believe that kind of thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal