Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 02:39 PM

411 posts, read 528,703 times

Advertisements

After 19 years of living in a place where I was just existing I went to visit a friend who moved to a small town in AZ. I immediately knew I had to move there. I found the house we were meant to buy but it was priced too high. So instead we bought a nice 3 acre lot but soon found out that we didn`t have enough money for the impact fees, septic, permits, etc. Another 2 years went by and I wasn`t getting any closer. Then one day I received a check. I knew right away what I had to do. I went back and the house was still vacant. The owners had found a buyer who never really had the funds but gave them a BS story just to get in. They had them evicted. That added discouragement and they lowerd the price. Also during this time the owner was getting more ill and it was at that time I contacted the owner and we made a deal. We were able to start moving in right away but I still didn`t know why I was moving here. It`s a small town and my friend was only here a few weeks out of the year. We didn`t know anyone else. We started going to a laundry to do our clothes and when I went in the office I knew why I was here. The person that was working there just knocked me over. I tend to be a very shy person and have never approached a female like I wanted to this time. It`s wasn`t a sex thing but a very strong urge of needing to help her. I`ve been helping people for the last 20 years or so but nothing felt like this. (My deceased grandmother is my angel and has been with me for many years. Can`t tell you how many times she has saved me. So when she is telling me I have to help this person I know I have to.) We only went there once a week and time was passing so I told her my story. Big mistake. Now she thinks I`m crazy. Worst part of it is that she has been very sick with walking pneumonia for at least the last month. I`ve tried to offer money to see a doctor. Whatever she needed I would do for her if I could. Like I said it`s a strong urge of needing to help and nothing more. It`s been 5 months and I still feel the need to help and she is just getting sicker. It`s making me feel ill that I am watching it while standing by helpless. So now should I wish that none of this happened? Can I still make a difference? Is it always the best to follow the dream?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 03:29 PM

19,979 posts, read 20,683,019 times
I'm eerily drawn to Hooters. I've been there once but that was enough to make want to go back. It just felt like home.

Ha! In all seriousness, I've got this thing for Ireland and South Carolina. Don't know what it is about Ireland because I've never been there but at the same time it feels very familiar. Weird.

Old 01-02-2014, 01:38 PM

609 posts, read 1,257,658 times
south carolina. i dont know why. since i was a kid ive always wanted to go there, live there. something about it...i know that i want to or need to be there at some point in my life...but i havent made it yet.

Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,617,596 times
The red rocks of Sedona, Arizona called to me in 1995, moved there in 1996 not knowing a soul.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:14 PM

5,342 posts, read 5,086,591 times
I sometimes think I have a calling to Northern Australia, but I've never been there and I don't know if I would like it if I got there. Maybe it's just a pioneer spirit of that whole arable area being undeveloped and unseen by humanity by and large.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM

808 posts, read 661,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarbuilder View Post
After 19 years of living in a place where I was just existing I went to visit a friend who moved to a small town in AZ. I immediately knew I had to move there. I found the house we were meant to buy but it was priced too high. So instead we bought a nice 3 acre lot but soon found out that we didn`t have enough money for the impact fees, septic, permits, etc. Another 2 years went by and I wasn`t getting any closer. Then one day I received a check. I knew right away what I had to do. I went back and the house was still vacant. The owners had found a buyer who never really had the funds but gave them a BS story just to get in. They had them evicted. That added discouragement and they lowerd the price. Also during this time the owner was getting more ill and it was at that time I contacted the owner and we made a deal. We were able to start moving in right away but I still didn`t know why I was moving here. It`s a small town and my friend was only here a few weeks out of the year. We didn`t know anyone else. We started going to a laundry to do our clothes and when I went in the office I knew why I was here. The person that was working there just knocked me over. I tend to be a very shy person and have never approached a female like I wanted to this time. It`s wasn`t a sex thing but a very strong urge of needing to help her. I`ve been helping people for the last 20 years or so but nothing felt like this. (My deceased grandmother is my angel and has been with me for many years. Can`t tell you how many times she has saved me. So when she is telling me I have to help this person I know I have to.) We only went there once a week and time was passing so I told her my story. Big mistake. Now she thinks I`m crazy. Worst part of it is that she has been very sick with walking pneumonia for at least the last month. I`ve tried to offer money to see a doctor. Whatever she needed I would do for her if I could. Like I said it`s a strong urge of needing to help and nothing more. It`s been 5 months and I still feel the need to help and she is just getting sicker. It`s making me feel ill that I am watching it while standing by helpless. So now should I wish that none of this happened? Can I still make a difference? Is it always the best to follow the dream?

She might be afraid of you, but might trust your wife. Or you might want to offer help to her kids for their mom, or brother/sister - you get the idea.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:29 PM

558 posts, read 1,117,544 times
Yes I have. As I said in the reincarnation thread I have been pulled to Los Angeles and not the whole Hollywood stars and fame thing, I could care less about that stuff. I feel I was in some type of law enforcement in the 50s-70s era. So in 2005 I went out there from Indiana and all my anxiety went away (I have sever anxiety and panic depression etc) when I got to LA it all went away. I felt "at home" and actually had a natural instinct inside me on how to navigate and where NOT to go etc etc.
Made several attempts to move there always end up back in the Midwest. Guess it was only meant to be "in another life". I do think about it every single day and miss it. Never been at home here.

Old 01-15-2014, 06:16 PM

3,378 posts, read 4,997,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger76 View Post
Yes I have. As I said in the reincarnation thread I have been pulled to Los Angeles and not the whole Hollywood stars and fame thing, I could care less about that stuff. I feel I was in some type of law enforcement in the 50s-70s era. So in 2005 I went out there from Indiana and all my anxiety went away (I have sever anxiety and panic depression etc) when I got to LA it all went away. I felt "at home" and actually had a natural instinct inside me on how to navigate and where NOT to go etc etc.
Made several attempts to move there always end up back in the Midwest. Guess it was only meant to be "in another life". I do think about it every single day and miss it. Never been at home here.
Same for me.

Mine's for the Deep South, but, I guess finances, school and family are going to keep me away for awhile.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:04 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,404,580 times
I was drawn to a small town in Virginia called Victoria. This is without knowing anything about it, or even having been there.

Perhaps it was my personal situation at the time that gave me exaggerated hopes, but I felt that if I moved there, life would begin again.

I didn't move, and always wonder.

Recently it's a town in Central Florida called Umatilla. I went there 2 months ago; it was deja-vu. It reminded me of the way another town was 30 years ago, before it was "discovered" and developed. I lived in that town for 29 years.

My intuition told me NOT to buy the house I'm in now. But so-called reason and logic told me it was the best choice.

I'm not a big believer in paranormal things, but am open to the possibilities. Living here has been terribly sad.

The idea that some places empower you and some places weaken you seems accurate enough to send shivers down my spine.

Do you ever feel that "evil" congregates in one spot and waits for a victim? Ha, it is really odd for me to even ask a question like that.

I'm really beginning to wonder. I keep thinking of that poor guy in England who was murdered by his neighbors. They kept insisting he was a pedophile even though he was cleared of all suspicion. Once people get on a rampage, wow...you may as well run for the hills and hide.

Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 AM

2,971 posts, read 3,404,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Same for me.

Mine's for the Deep South, but, I guess finances, school and family are going to keep me away for awhile.
Hmm, I always feel drawn to Deep South swampy areas, dirt roads-stuff like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal