U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 09:14 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,432,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I been saying it for years i feel like i am suppose to be in Florida i been obsessed with Florida since i was a child i never been there before. More then the hot weather(I love extremely hot weather),beaches,Theme parks etc. Something in Florida is drawing me there even recently i had an Florida attack yesterday while watching different cities on youtube and it felt like home. All i been doing is researching different areas,jobs,things to do etc.

Everything goes right next year I'm hoping to take a trip down to Florida for a week and get a rental car and just do some sight seeing. I have a few cities i want to see and decide
I'm that way with Florida too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 12:24 PM

5,379 posts, read 2,984,528 times
Traveling through Pennsylvania, I had a very odd experience. My husband and I were crossing over this little wooden bridge and I suddenly knew I had been there before. I burst into tears and said, "Oh my God. I recognize this place." That night I had a dream that I was a man standing on a bridge (not the same one, though) and I could see for miles. It was weird! I've never had a dream since (or before) in which I was the opposite gender. And the whole area felt so familiar, I can't even describe it.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 PM

11 posts, read 10,142 times
A few years ago I stumbled upon pictures of post-war Sarajevo and the abandoned bobsled track/Olympic site and was hit with deja vu like never really before. After seeing pictures of the parliament building on fire, I had a flashback of watching it unfold for days on a news channel as a child with a woman who I believe was my mother. I remember feeling disturbed and nervous while while watching it, and I mentioned something to my mother about if she remembered as well. She said she vaguely remembered when it happened, but didn't remember having watched extensive news coverage on it. She also told me that the siege began a few months before I was born.

I've been wanting to travel there ever since, because everything about it seems to familiar to me. Looking at pictures of pre-war Sarajevo make me feel so happy. I feel as if I'm looking at home, or looking at a place that I was before I came here, but I know very well that I was born here, in the states.

It's a VERY difficult emotion/feeling to convey to other people however, so I mostly keep it to myself.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:22 PM

55,237 posts, read 73,112,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
Yes, and conversely weaker in others.
That would require the assumption that I am weak not strong and am experiencing various states of being weak which is false

Old 04-18-2014, 11:07 PM

2,563 posts, read 2,654,624 times
I don't feel drawn to any specific place, but I've been to places that seemed very familiar to me, like I already knew the place. NYC was like that for me.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:38 PM

3 posts, read 256 times
I was arrested in Mississppi traveling from Minnesota after I was left by my travel partner in Louisiana. I had my car his dog 80$ and. I phone. Just gotten my cousins address in North Carolina. I didnít even make it to the next state over when I pulled into a park to let my dog pee, look at a map, and smoke a joint. Bad idea. I was arrested after they found a small amount of marijuana. Moral of the story **** MISSISSIPPI they are a money hungry state and I went through an extremely adverse experience in that state

Old 12-27-2018, 02:33 AM

216 posts, read 382,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiejo.0220 View Post
I was arrested in Mississppi traveling from Minnesota after I was left by my travel partner in Louisiana. I had my car his dog 80$ and. I phone. Just gotten my cousins address in North Carolina. I didnít even make it to the next state over when I pulled into a park to let my dog pee, look at a map, and smoke a joint. Bad idea. I was arrested after they found a small amount of marijuana. Moral of the story **** MISSISSIPPI they are a money hungry state and I went through an extremely adverse experience in that state
What does this have to do with being drawn to a certain area?

Old 01-01-2019, 12:26 PM

984 posts, read 729,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Like somehow you seem drawn to a specific area, like a town, a state, or a country?

Admittedly. I've been really drawn to Mississippi. That's why I talk about it a lot.

When I first went there, it felt "right", and I don't understand why. I was even looking into the state before I ever went there. It felt right.
Yes, very strong drawing to live around Pt. Loma in San Diego. Unfortunately, homes there start at a million dollars. If anyone has some cash, private message me plz.

Old 01-01-2019, 08:37 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,056,387 times
There seems to be lots of people who are drawn to other areas and other countries. Back in 2005 I was drawn to where I am living now and I just could not figure out why I was feeling so pulled. Then my life collapsed with 3 different events - job, family death, relationship and so the stars were aligned and I moved.

I think we are guided by our spirit/soul/whatever to move to where we have work to do, so it is probably a good idea for our soul progression to take notice and try to move. Besides, it makes life more interesting and challenging rather than getting stuck in a rut of old-age.

Old 01-01-2019, 09:00 PM

707 posts, read 675,660 times
Yes. I’ve been drawn to the New England area for years and I don’t know why. I’m drawn to the coastal towns and have this infatuation with the lighthouses. So much so, that I am planning a trip this summer to Cape Cod. Eventually, in the fall, maybe in a couple of years, will take a road trip through New England.

I’ve visited Boston and Providence, RI and loved them. I don’t like cold climates, so maybe my travels out in N.E. will satisfy this compulsion. I don’t know. But when I think about retiring and where I see myself living, it’s in one of the coastal towns along the east coast, somewhere in New England.

Last edited by jaynaydee; 01-01-2019 at 09:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal