U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2013, 08:03 PM

3,165 posts, read 3,958,116 times

Advertisements

Like somehow you seem drawn to a specific area, like a town, a state, or a country?

Admittedly. I've been really drawn to Mississippi. That's why I talk about it a lot.

When I first went there, it felt "right", and I don't understand why. I was even looking into the state before I ever went there. It felt right.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 10:28 AM

3,748 posts, read 5,813,444 times
For some reason I have a thing for Colorado. Then, when I actually went there and visited Mesa Verde, I had the strangest physical reaction upon entering one of the rooms on top of a deja vu.

I've always had a longing for the mountains. I've lived near them and on them, off and on for the last 25 years and when we go from flat land to a mountain, it feels so good. When I have to drive -up- a winding road to get home, there is something that just feels so right and so good about it. I'm never 'quite right' unless I'm above 1,200 feet.

You may want to check out this discussion:
Cities you are drawn to...

Old 12-21-2013, 11:41 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Yes and if a place calls you --- just go.

You may never be able to go home again, your home will be the new place. Mountains and big open sky and very mild weather did it for me.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:44 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,265,650 times
Halifax, NS. I spent a few days there on vacation in the late 90s, and felt an odd sense of belonging, that I was meant to be there. But I had been planning on visiting the Maritime Provinces for years, so it may have been related to my expectations for the trip. It's certainly not the kind of climate and place I dream about moving to.

The weirdest thing about the visit was, I was walking around downtown and ran into a guy I worked with. Neither of us had any idea the other would be there, and it's not exactly an everyday vacation destination.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:29 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
you are stronger in some places than others.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I'm inclined to agree.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:21 PM

14,930 posts, read 26,635,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I'm inclined to agree.
Yes, and conversely weaker in others.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:59 PM

432 posts, read 501,615 times
I remember the first time I visited Connecticut I had the distinct feeling that I had finally come home. And after each visit, returning to S. California became almost unbearable. In fact, the last time I visited I prolonged my visit to the extent that I compromised my job in California.

I subsequently discovered, in 2008, that my 9th great-grandfather was among the first of 40 or so settlers to be granted acreage in, and around the ancient town of Norwich, CT. I've been able to find, and validate the location where my 9th great-grandfather settled in, or around 1655, off of Town Street in Norwich CT, a place that I visited once, and would like to revisit one day. The Lathrop B&B stands on the property that was once my 9th great-grandfather's property in the 17th century.

I have done some exhaustive genealogical research in order to corroborate this data that only became available to me when my grandmother died. The information I've been able to retrieve is absolutely uncanny and when I think of it I get the most eerie feeling.

The northwestern part of CT is most inviting. It has a soft beauty that almost whispered to me. Even what they consider to be slums of Norwich I find to be appealing.

Last edited by Seadory; 12-22-2013 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: Corrected information

Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 PM

432 posts, read 501,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Like somehow you seem drawn to a specific area, like a town, a state, or a country?

Admittedly. I've been really drawn to Mississippi. That's why I talk about it a lot.

When I first went there, it felt "right", and I don't understand why. I was even looking into the state before I ever went there. It felt right.
Is there any particular place in Mississippi that you gravitate to?

I know I've said this before, but don't let this forthcoming opportunity escape you. Don't make the same mistake that I did and pass up a chance to work in the place that you love because of family.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadory View Post
Is there any particular place in Mississippi that you gravitate to?

I know I've said this before, but don't let this forthcoming opportunity escape you. Don't make the same mistake that I did and pass up a chance to work in the place that you love because of family.
It wasn't Vicksburg. But it still felt like it was somewhere in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal