Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 02:13 AM

199 posts, read 591,511 times

Advertisements

Oh goodness, why am I posting at this hour? So sleepy, this should wait until morning, but I don't want to put it off.

I have been reading some books lately about "mind power" and law of attraction and such. And I was just a moment ago immediately reminded of an experience this weekend, quite striking at the time, but which I would nonetheless have not given much additional thought to had I not been reading such books.

In the past few weeks, I have been nearly obsessed with a few musical acts, and with one female singer in particular. I have played her songs over and over again, watched her music videos repetitively, and even read her website. She is absolutely gorgeous, in addition to being an exceptionally gifted singer and musician. I had been hoping to see her perform live, but she's not touring anywhere near where I live. Oh well. 

Soooo, I decide to visit a local fun watering hole. I didn't even call up any friends, I just decided to go on my own. And who did I see? No, not the singer in question. However, I did see her doppelganger! In a split second, I realized she was the spitting image of the gal I had been listening to literally on a loop for days and weeks on end.

I couldn't believe it. The spitting image, literally. Same body type, same color and style of clothing, same hair style, same type of makeup, very close in age (as far as I could tell). I just stared at her, mesmerized. She began dancing (I was standing on the edge of the dance floor), and then approached me. She then began rubbing her backside suggestively against my front. I was completely stunned.

Not only did my dream girl emerge out of thin air, she had quite literally dropped right into my lap. She danced this way for about a minute or so, perhaps hoping I would JOIN her, but I couldn't do it. I was quite literally overwhelmed. She moved away after about a minute or so. I remained and stared, mesmerized by her, but could not get myself to talk to her.

At the very least, I should've taken her picture, but I didn't think of it "in that way" ie as a law of attraction phenomenon until, well, now. :/

A strange, possibly mystical experience. I have had a number of experiences of 'manifesting' throughout my life, and this is but the most recent example.

===

I am interested in hearing of your experiences with manifesting experiences, people, objects in your life if you care to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 02:52 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,123,200 times
Cosmic ordering, law of attraction. I'm skeptical on this. If you have a positive attitude And carry yourself with confidence you will attract similar, but its due to what others see, not some cosmic kismet or similar I think.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,936,897 times
As D Scott says, it's all about how you project yourself in situations. If you tell yourself "I'll never get that job", how do you think you're likely to come across in an interview? There's nothing mystical about it.

Regarding "dream girl", your obsession primed you to to notice women who resembled the singer. You noticed her for the same reason that when we buy a "unique" piece of clothing all of a sudden we start noticing dozens of other people on the street wearing it.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:04 PM

112 posts, read 177,331 times
Creating people? Not that I wish I had that power but the Almighty hasn't seen fit to give me that much authority, yet.

Old 01-25-2014, 10:10 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,498,149 times
Why would a strange woman come up to you and rub her backside on you? Are you sure you were not drunk and imagined it?

Old 01-26-2014, 08:13 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
I don't believe in the nonsense of "law of attraction". The concept does provide hope for some people, to pacify them and motivate them, to be hopeful. But you're not going to make someone or some thing magically appear simply by thinking about it hard and being positive.

In this world, every kind of person exists many times over. If you think of the perfect person for you, define all the characteristics, within your own city might be 150000 people who fit, and the likelihood that you will run into one of them is high, if you get out there, be happy, and start looking. The key here is that YOU decided what you wanted, then took steps to make that happen. Your taking steps makes it more likely than not that it will happen, but there's no guarantee just because you wished very hard.

A few examples:

1) When I was in college, I created the woman of my dreams in my head, and got as detailed as I could about what I wanted. Rather than wandering around waiting for this beauty to magically appear, I wondered what kind of man she would want, then set out to make myself that man. So, I defined what I wanted, then worked to make myself the kind of man I felt she would want. In my quest to make myself worthy of her, I attracted many women, and ultimately did meet the woman I wanted. We've been married nearly 25 years now. I defined her, then took steps. This is not LOC, it's setting goals, then working hard to meet them, or getting yourself into position to take advantage when the opportunity presents itself. Had I sat in my apartment, a couch potato, I never would've met my wife. She wasn't going to travel to a different city and knock on my door. I had to improve myself to get to her, and when I met her, my work paid off as I anticipated.

2) Millions of people play the lottery all the time, and each one wishes they could win. They each defined specifically what they wanted (to pick the winning numbers). Some saw the winning numbers in a dream they had, or just had a hunch. Some play their "lucky numbers" or number that have been good for them at some point in their lives. Yet, it is rare that people win. They don't get what they desire because the odds are far greater than meeting Mr. Right or Ms Right. No LOC at work here, since it doesn't exist.

3) Mentally ill New Ager is desperate for a soul mate. She has a disorder which decimates every relationship she's in. She cuts herself, believes she's going to die in her 60s, is extremely moody, impulsive, suicidal, and sexually traumatized. She wants to manifest a soul mate into her life without taking any steps to cure herself of her mental disorder. She tries hard to manifest the ideal guy, but she doesn't have the capacity to recognize the guy if he showed up or the emotional maturity to sustain a relationship once she begins having one with him. The result is that she is forever alone and lonely. No LOA in play here. Until she gets professional help for her disorder, no amount of "manifesting" is going to help her.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM

I have had several more telepathic and law of attraction situations manifest in the last few days.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:07 PM

3 posts, read 10,713 times
If you believe 100%, and I mean having ZERO doubt at all, that this is what's going on with you, then it most likely is. Someone's beliefs can most definitely affect the outcome of many situations.

Just based in my experiences, the things I've believed without a doubt, no matter what outside influences tried to make me think or feel, it never changed my mind. And if your mind is completley made up about something, I would TRUST IT.

Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 AM

I'm telepathically linked to a lot of people, and probably to a lot of other entities as well, both friend and foe and at all points in between. Most of these influences are either loving or neutral, but I suppose a few could be considered a little scary. I can't pretend that I understand these linkages fully: they come and go, and intensify and weaken as they will.

Some of these experiences could be considered a bit "intrusive" but I just love communicating and linking with people over distances so much it is almost never unwelcome, and I usually find these experiences ecstatic.

I'm looking forward to a lot more of these deja vu type experiences. They are so much fun!

(edit: I have to admit, I am having some difficulty finding real world equivalents which can match my joy when linking up with others in this manner. But, that's a different topic for a different time).

Old 02-18-2014, 07:52 PM

12 posts, read 21,024 times
If you concentrate on something, you'll tend to notice or receive feedback which may be quite literal depending on how strong your feelings are as you give attention to it without attachment. The confidence of knowing that you WILL get what you desire no matter what is indescribable - it's an energized boost to a peace of mind. Action is what completes the process, provided you do not sabotage yourself or the opportunity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal