Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 11:41 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,416,868 times

Advertisements

What one experiences after death is the same as it was before their birth. Imo, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 05:35 AM

652 posts, read 874,190 times
There is a difference between channeling the dead or departed souls and believing that a person lived a past life as another. It would be like someone saying they have the mind of god, the missing link to an unsolvable puzzle.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:56 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,837,936 times
My Dad and I would talk about this subject, and his response would be that if he ever came back in another life, with his luck, he would end up being an earthworm, or a fish, or something besides another human.

In my life, I have met people, complete strangers that I have felt drawn to, and often wonder why. Could we have known each other in another life? Who is to say? A very intriguing subject.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:31 AM

19,713 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeWolvesInSnow

She was talking about how people have to come back so many times, and she compared it to the hours on a clock. She said a young soul was at the 1, 2, or even 3 o'clock position, while older souls were on the 9, 10, 11 o'clock positions. The reason it got my attention is because as far back as I can remember, and through no teaching by anyone to view it this way, I have always viewed my own years in life like those on the face of a clock.
This is interesting, bc similarly, that is how the chronological "age" of the 12 zodiac signs are represented on the astrological wheel.. And the further you look into the 12 houses, the more interesting things get...! Yes I do believe in reincarnation & the collective consciousness.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:25 AM

Lilyflower, my daughter lost her boyfriend to suicide 2 months ago. She says that she is doing fine, but I have my doubts. She lives in another state so I can talk to her only on the phone. I will pass your info to her.

Old 04-04-2014, 11:40 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
I don't know for sure if its true or not but it does make a lot a sense. It explains a lot of the things that go on in this world like why bad things happen to good people ( they are dealing with the karma of a past life ) . Why some people have strange fears of things that they cannot explain ( they had a bad experience in a past life that has left them scared of certain things ) . Even why some people are gay or feel like a woman in a man's body( that they have spent many lifetimes as a woman and come into this one as a man). And the belief that our pets who pass away will come back to be with us again is a nice thought isnt it?

Old 04-04-2014, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
And the belief that our pets who pass away will come back to be with us again is a nice thought isnt it?
You bet!!! Pets and good people that we've known.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:28 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Any of you believe in the concept of reincarnation and past life experiences?

Share your thoughts and stories please. Thank you
Well, since you asked: Nope. It's complete bunk, ie superstition.

Old 04-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Zot

468 posts, read 681,594 times
Shortly I'm likely to find out. My goal if given an opportunity is to sit a few lifetimes out and take a break.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:24 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I don't usually talk about this because people give me the "what the?" look if I do. BUT, I have been hypnotized at least a hundred times in my life. I had past life regression hypnosis and it was recorded (on audio, not video.)

When I listened to the taped session, I heard myself speaking, but sounded much like a young child. I was wearing short, black pants, tight around the knees- made of rough fabric, white stockings, shiny shoes, and was holding onto a massive carved wooden bedpost that had tremendous velvet draperies hanging from them. I had dark, shiny hair that was rather shaggy looking. I was laughing because my older sister was being put into her corset and she was holding another bedpost while a woman pulled the cords on the corset. I could hear music playing downstairs and people laughing. I was full of joy because the sight of my sister holding onto the bedpost for dear life was funny. I could hear someone calling the name, "Pieter! Pieter!"

That was the whole thing. I came out of hypnosis feeling euphoric. It certainly FELT real. I am still not absolutely sure of what to make of it, honestly. But it felt like me, if that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal