Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 12:50 PM

7,127 posts, read 12,670,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I've got to ask: why do folks believe that there were "great civilizations" before modern humans? Where is the evidence? Buried cities? Advanced technology? Any technology other than a clay pot with a copper wire in it surrounded by grapefruit juice...viola! A battery, so advanced...meh
Not so sure about "great civilizations" but more wondering if there were "other civilizations" that existed alongside the ones already discovered.

Is it possible? Perhaps--we'll see, with more scientific and genetic testing. Aren't scientists discovering unknown critter species all the time? So why not other human(oids)?

My mind is also open to head binding or even a hoax. The evidence is sketchy at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 03:43 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,756 times
They've moved mans time here on earth back to 3 million years or so, that's a lot of time for other civilizations to have existed and been lost to time. Even if one had existed say 1 million years ago most any evidence would be gone. No way to prove it, no way to disprove it.

Old 02-25-2014, 03:13 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,621,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FNolan View Post
The thing that usually turns me off is claims that these are facts when it's obvious not. It's all conjecture and theories. One of the worst popular TV shows right now that is nothing but conjecture and theories but claims they are facts is Ancient Aliens. Not once do the so called PHDs use the term "this is a theory", they state it as fact with little or no evidence, much like shows such as Finding Bigfoot and others.

They use the phrase "according to ancient alien theorists,..." often in the program.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:32 PM

4,939 posts, read 3,316,689 times
Summary at 28:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP9B6l_burY

Old 09-03-2021, 06:35 PM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
So, for those who cannot see the Youtube video, in a couple of sentences what does the summary say?

I find it interesting that many temples have statues of Enlightened ones who also have strange-shaped skulls. I think these statues are based on some real-life monks who have reached an advanced stage of spiritual enlightenment so were real people at some point in time.

The other thing which people forget to mention is that some of these elongated skulls were found with red hair and also the skull itself is missing the frontal suture which closes up after birth and can be seen in all human skulls running front-to-back across the front part of the skull. That in itself is strange and unexplained.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:59 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
All about Haplogroup H (Y-DNA): (Said to be predominant among the elongated Paracas skulls)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haplogroup_H_(Y-DNA)

I'd like to know more detail about the DNA Hg's that were found in the Paracas samples. The speaker seems to entertain us with reconstructions and other peripheral info, rather than giving us facts.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 09-03-2021 at 07:11 PM..

Old 09-03-2021, 07:21 PM

Analysis of elongated skulls in ancient women buried in Bavaria traces DNA to Bulgaria and Romania:
https://www.science.org/news/2018/03...ncient-germany

Old 09-03-2021, 07:31 PM

The latest on the Paracas skulls, USA Today, May 2021:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ys/4995026001/
Quote:
"The eye sockets are normal and perfectly within the range of human variation and look like eye sockets of other human skulls from Peru," said Melissa S. Murphy, an anthropology professor at the University of Wyoming who specializes in the analysis of human remains from Peru.

The head shape is not normal. But it's still human.

The shape is a result of cranial deformation or head binding
There's another article online about similarly-shaped heads found in Europe, whose DNA tied them to an Asian population. There was a paywall, so I couldn't read all of it. But the Huns were known for this type of cranial binding. The Maya did it too, but not to such an extreme degree as the Paracas people.

Old 09-04-2021, 12:25 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
I dont know what I believe about these things, but i doubt they are from real fallen angels, mainly because, these angels are not carbon based, any physical form they take on in our world, would not leave bones behind imo,

Its possible they could be 'alien', and I doubt our testing would be able to prove or disprove that...nothing to base it on, so the results would be pointless, however I dont believe any alien visitors would leave their remains behind for us to find.

Old 09-04-2021, 01:56 AM

6,951 posts, read 6,877,619 times
What would DNA tell us? Why are people talking about DNA when our DNA probably is a mixture of ape(pan) and something else with pale skin and blue eyes. By the looks of it, it can be argued there is no alien DNA in us although they may have done some tinkering and mixing it all up according to what they wanted to produce as an end result.

By examining the elongated skulls we can SEE there is no median suture which immediately makes it unusual for a human skull and may lead to other conclusions of ETs. Even if the head was bound, it would have that suture running back-to-front from the middle of the skull above the forehead. So maybe we should dismiss the head-binding theory.

The skulls of the Enlightened Ones are weird to say the least, with a heavy ridge running back-to-front and other thick-set skull features. OK, so these are carvings in wood and we have not found skulls which actually look like that, but what would make the ancient Asians carve EOs like that if they were not unusual in the first place? Those ones I photographed were the odd ones out, out of many which lined the temple. Most were 'normal'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal