U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2014, 06:04 PM

16,227 posts, read 21,981,509 times

Advertisements

I found a penny this`morning, and a dime. Just thought they might have fell out of someones pocket.
Is this somehow got some truth to it?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2014, 06:53 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,813,444 times
How and when the coins were found will be the determining factor to say if they are messages or just lost coins.
Usually in finding a message coin, there is no doubt or wonder if it is from a passed on loved one.

For example- I had a hat that belonged to my BF who was murderd. When I was really missing him, I would put my face in his hat so I could smell him. The hat was kept in a secure and special place. Now, I had 'checked' the hat upon keeping it. Maybe he had $20 stashed in the trim or something.
After many smells of the hat, this one time a penny slid out of the trimming. The date on the penny was the year he was murdered.

Old 02-21-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
How and when the coins were found will be the determining factor to say if they are messages or just lost coins.
Usually in finding a message coin, there is no doubt or wonder if it is from a passed on loved one.

For example- I had a hat that belonged to my BF who was murderd. When I was really missing him, I would put my face in his hat so I could smell him. The hat was kept in a secure and special place. Now, I had 'checked' the hat upon keeping it. Maybe he had $20 stashed in the trim or something.
After many smells of the hat, this one time a penny slid out of the trimming. The date on the penny was the year he was murdered.
Oh, WOW!

Old 02-21-2014, 07:11 PM

4,827 posts, read 6,929,752 times
I find dimes from my sister all the time. Just last night, there was a dime squarely between my two slippers on the floor. There is nowhere else it could have come from except for her. I don't carry change in my pockets and my change purse was in my handbag.

Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 PM

51,669 posts, read 12,647,683 times
Was thinking of my husband last night and this morning I found a dime on the floor by the side of the couch where he always sat. It will be 7 months on Feb. 26th, and he has come to me twice in dreams so the dime was a surprise.

Old 02-21-2014, 10:33 PM

29,745 posts, read 26,775,195 times
Default Three pennies

Iíll try to make a long story short.

About ten years ago my sister had passed away. It was the third death in our family in a matter of a week or so; my brother in law passed first, and then my daughter so when my sister finally passed both my wife and I were numb. We had to make a trip out of state to visit and pay our respects for these funerals, one after another.

Several days after the services we had to leave and start driving back home, but before we left I wanted to visit the grave site one more time so say my good byes to my sister. While there at the grave, I noticed three copper pennies lying in the grass by the edge of the grave. My sisterís hair color was copper red just like the pennies. New grass or sod had not yet been placed on the grave, and the earth had started to develop cracks in the dirt from drying out from the rain that occurred a few days earlier. I took the three pennies and dropped them into the cracked earth atop her grave, telling her that these must be hers.

Later that day while on the driving trip home we stopped to take a break, when the car door opened to get out there on the ground were three copper pennies. I couldn't miss them when looking down to put my feet on the ground.

Later on during the next several weeks, all we saw were copper pennies being left for my wife or me to pick up. This continues to occur even today at special times or moments of our daily lives as a reminder of my sister.

Old 02-22-2014, 08:26 AM

I have got out of the car to go in the store before, and usually when you open the car door, and put your foot down, your eyes are looking down. Its when you are walking back to the car, and right beside your door is a penny!! I used to think, now I would have seen that when I got out!!
But now...when I see a penny on the floor, or ground, I will pick it up, and smile!
Thanks for sharing your stories!

Old 02-22-2014, 12:41 PM

29,745 posts, read 26,775,195 times
Default Three pennies continued.

As time passed my other sister would place three pennies on the headstone when she visited the grave. She lived in the area and would stop by from time to time placing pennies or bring flowers when she would stop by.

A year or so later my wife and I drove back to the area for a visit and stopped by the grave to pay our respects. There were no pennies on the headstone that day. I figured that when the yard maintenance crews mowed the pennies would blow away or someone else would pick them up for their own. In any case on this visit my wife placed three pennies again on the headstone as has been done before by my other older sister. While we sat on the grass during our visit, my wife looked at the headstone and notice one of the pennies wasnít there any longer. We had only taken our eyes off and looked away for a minute or so, but sure enough only two were remaining on the flat headstone. We looked in the grass around the stone very closely to see if it had fallen off however nothing was found. The third penny had totally disappeared.

The headstone was a large flat stone about two inches higher than the grass, it simply could not have fallen off, and if it had Iím sure one or the other of us would have seen it on the ground beside the stone.

Old 02-22-2014, 02:22 PM

OK. I found another dime today. The yr. our son was born! 1999 the penny I found yesterday was also, 1999!

Old 02-23-2014, 06:14 AM

22,702 posts, read 21,750,727 times
Funny, whenever something like that has happened to me, I never thought to look at the date on the coin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal