U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 04:28 PM

671 posts, read 1,018,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I kinda stopped after your first sentence or so..I got the gist....I'm so sorry,
but for me it is the easiest thing to get. I sound like some broken record I know.
I actually took my reading glasses off an hr ago and cried at all the ridiculous
miracles that manifest everyday for me....they, of course, are not miracles to me...but
for the sake of posting I'll say they are.

I think it , I need it and there it is...I could not tell you how to the quarter inch things
come to me outta nowhere...imPOSSible things, you would not believe...that fit the space,
with no sawing, no adjusting...this has been endless for me for years now.
Nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Still waiting for answers to my question.

Crickets . . .
Well, keep waiting...........

Are you sure you got the right username.. maybe you should change to "waiting" or "stubborn to my death" ? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2014, 04:36 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,261,719 times
I was thinking...the Law of A is just one 'law' that is part of the System set up.

Why I believe so much comes to me is bec I allow it to happen.
My belief system is this (it may not fit for you, tho, so u can make it fit u)
...that I have a Creator I call my Father...I know I am His creature, His beloved child.
Knowing this, trusting Him, relying on Him...He has no choice but to give me anything
I need...why? Because He is bound by my love.

I can NOT refuse someone I love or even my dog in the cold anything she wants...I am compelled
by love to do everything for my loved ones.
That is the Nature of Love.

Knowing this, there is a connection that can not be broken to the Spirit World to my Creator.
"He" is all powerful and can make anything happen for me...even if it takes days...I have no
doubt, which is KEY, I expect it, also KEY...I know it is coming...period.

So you have trust, reliance, belief, expectation, patience, no doubt whatso ever.
Its a formula.
No patience....not gonna happen
Doubt....not gonna happen
No expectation...not gonna happen.
See?

I say, take babysteps, ask for something you can believe could happen...then another until
you gain trust in yourself and see how things actually are working...it is wonderful
when u come into ur power.

Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 PM

797 posts, read 268,766 times
The crickets are the answer.

Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
6,976 posts, read 3,677,839 times
Quote:

Knowing this, there is a connection that can not be broken to the Spirit World to my Creator.
"He" is all powerful and can make anything happen for me...even if it takes days...I have no
doubt, which is KEY, I expect it, also KEY...I know it is coming...period.
Miss Hepburn with all due respect. When I hear people say what you have just written I have to wonder why do you think you are more special than anyone else on this planet with respect to what your creator who is all powerful gives?

If your creator is so powerful then why does so much evil exist? Why are innocent animals and humans treated so horribly all across this globe?

Why don't you ask your powerful creator to put an end to the evil, ignorance and horrors that happen to innocent people?

I am sincerely interested in your answer to my questions.

Thanks and please take no offense I am only trying to understand.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:19 AM

2,479 posts, read 1,529,438 times
Quote:
I study the Abraham-Hicks Law of Attraction Materials (mostly on YouTube, but also Meetup). What I want to know is: WHY IS IT SO COUNTER-INTUITIVE?
I would not call that counter intuitive at all. There are people who just do it without even knowing that they are doing it.
What you may be speaking of is the attitude that has be 'programmed' into us. We are taught from day one that life is a struggle and one has to work hard to get what they want. However, the Law of Attraction is not just found with today's gurus. It is ancient knowledge. Society and other institutions has steered humanity away from the order of things.
So, while I would like to answer your question, I am not sure how to do so. If you could provide an example, then I could have something to work off of because I am not see what is counter-intuitive.
Feeling good=good things
Feeling bad=bad things
Nothing hard to see in that, quite logical in fact.

Quote:
Why do these principals have to be studied?
Not studied per say, but putting it into practice. You learn what they are and then you put them into action. Every day you wake up and say to yourself and the universe about how grateful you are for this or that.

Quote:
If it is a "law," why is it not easily understood?
It is easy to understand, but there is a lot to understand. Just hearing it is not really understanding it. This takes us back to the practice of it. Practice it, see that it works and how it 'does not'. It is the creating of the new habits and way of thinking that tends to be the most difficult aspect of applying LOA successfully.

Quote:
On the LOA - on the issue of manifestation, it is taught that there is a time lapse - that you can be feeling happy and good but still manifest some negative stuff that is playing out vibrationally. You are "not supposed to" pay attention to current "reality," but what you want . . . it is kind of difficult to "know what you don't want and know what you do want" and not be upset when "unwanted" stuff is showing up in your "reality." They tell you to ignore it and to "go general."
Yes- there is an ebb and flow and a cause and effect. One day my BIL was mad at his phone. It was not the phone that was the problem, it was the cell service and our location. A few days later his phone fell out of his pocket as he crossed the street and a car ran over it and smashed it. My BIL tend to be a complaining negative person. On the flip side, my husband applies the LOA principals. My husband's phone got left on top of a friends car. The friend drove to the store, saw something fall from the roof of his car, went shopping and on the way back, stopped to see what it was, he had a feeling it was something important. He was actually able to find the phone and it was undamaged. No-one walking by had found it, and it did not break after falling from a moving car.
And no, you don't focus on the 'bad' that is happening in the moment. That only perpetuates the bad into worse. Look to what it is you want, feel what it feels like to have that, and work you way through the bad with your vision on the positive.
It is not difficult to know what you want or don't want at all. Do you want to live with someone who treats you badly? NO, of course not. Do you want to live with someone who honors and respects you? Of course you do. It's pretty much a no-brainer. You want the things that make you happy? or do you want to wallow in depression, stress and worry?
Being 'upset' is TOTALLY IN YOU CONTROL. Unwanted things happen. When they do, we are to not react to them. Do not give the situation your emotional response. Of course the situation must be dealt with. However, I guarantee you that if you take on an unwanted event with the excitement of a good challenge, you will squash that bad in record time and it will be easy. But if the situation frustrates you, get's you worked up and in a panic, nothing will go right.
Emotions are key and you hold the key to your emotions.
'Go general?' never heard anyone teaching LOA to say that. Go to the total opposite. Feel like garbage? get out or up and do things that you enjoy and get you thoughts and emotions going in a positive direction.

Quote:
It seems to me that the laws of the universe should be apparent - that you should be able to learn them through trial and error. This is not true of the LOA as taught by Abraham.
I would like to know how others understand the "disconnects."
Again, I am not totally clear on what you are saying here. Understand what 'disconnects'?
And, It was by my own design that I first experienced LOA, long before The Secret, Oprah and Abraham-Hicks. So it is innate within us to figure this stuff out.
It is no different than a baby you learns that a stove is hot. Touch it once and see what it feels like. If you do something and you do not like the outcome, don't do it again. It is that simple.
But we have been deprogrammed and now we must be reprogrammed.
There are many spiritual (and religious) teachings that have shared the knowledge of the law of attraction. If so many sources have been teaching this for centuries, that it would seem to me that these things are apparent.

Perhaps an older source that puts things into steps and formulas will be more helpful in understanding.

Napoleon Hill - Laws of Success - Full Length - YouTube

Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Miss Hepburn with all due respect.
When I hear people say what you have just written I have to wonder why do you think you are more
special than anyone else on this planet with respect to what your creator who is all powerful gives?
If your creator is so powerful then why does so much evil exist?
Why are innocent animals and humans treated so horribly all across this globe?
Why don't you ask your powerful creator to put an end to the evil, ignorance and horrors that
happen to innocent people?

I am sincerely interested in your answer to my questions.
Thanks and please take no offense I am only trying to understand.
Haha...and when I hear people say why do I think I am special, I think...where
did they come up with THAT!??
Ha, I'm no more special than anyone else!

But if you have 10 children you love...and you come home and 9 look up from the TV
as one comes running to you opened armed, which one gets picked up and thrown in the air?...which
one gets the extra scope of ice cream and a wink later?

You have a sensitive heart, I see...
Man is the creator of all the problems, remember...not the Creator.
This is an all too common question or misunderstanding.

Ha, I remember decades ago
when I was 19... an 85 year old women, artist,
in Key West, basically said the same thing as you ..blaming God for all the problems...
She went on and on about children and all the injustices.
At 19 I was amazed that she didn't know...HE didn't 'cause' any of these problems!
(I did feel special that day...I was young, so...)

Old 03-02-2014, 11:16 AM

2,554 posts, read 1,171,499 times
Quote:
Still waiting for answers to my questions.

Crickets . . .
I've not studied Abraham Hicks but the spiritual paths with which I am familiar - including Christianity and Buddhism - are what some might call counterintuitive: "love thy enemy" and "do good to those that hate you" aren't easy concepts to absorb and practice. That's because we're conditioned to thinking with ego and materialistic mind. We have long forgotten how to disregard ego thoughts and how to "listen" instead with our spiritual ~intuition~. (Maybe the "cavemen" hadn't forgotten this, so that would answer one of your questions.)

Spiritual maturity and enlightenment do not come about by rational thinking, they come about by stilling the ego mind so spirit can break through. Zen koans provide an archetypal example of this: they are statements so utterly irrational and paradoxical that the ego mind cannot deal with them and temporarily stalls. Spiritual enlightenment is no respecter of educational achievement, logical thinking ability, or IQ. That is as it should be. We who are used to trying to apply such skills to spiritual practice are often bewildered by their failure to get us anywhere. (Again, maybe the cavemen weren't afflicted with this handicap.)

In other words, the spiritual path is utterly intuitive but we persist in hanging on to deluded "logic" and make the simple look complicated.

Descartes said it well: "The Heart has Its Reason, of which reason knows nothing".

Crickets are good… stay in that silence and your heart will speak. If Abraham Hicks is the right path for you, you will know it. If not, you will find/know the right one.

edit to add: OwlKaMyst is exactly right: it's all about practice. There's no shortcut to understanding. Practice brings experience, then experience brings understanding.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 03-02-2014 at 11:28 AM..

Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Haha...and when I hear people say why do I think I am special, I think...where
did they come up with THAT!??
Ha, I'm no more special than anyone else!
Then why make the analogy that your Creator gives you what ever you ask but those who are suffering are in that situation because they are not running to your Creator with open arms? That is the most disturbing aspect of the man created Christian God. The God I believe in does not work that way. Selectively helping people is not trait of an all powerful all loving all good God.

Quote:
But if you have 10 children you love...and you come home and 9 look up from the TV
as one comes running to you opened armed, which one gets picked up and thrown in the air?...which
one gets the extra scope of ice cream and a wink later?
Again why would an all powerful all loving all good Creator play this game of exclusion? And right here is where you suggest that one is more special than the rest.

Quote:
You have a sensitive heart, I see...
Man is the creator of all the problems, remember...not the Creator.
This is an all too common question or misunderstanding.
Make no mistake in thinking that this is what I think. Of course man is the creator of all problems. I never implied that it was your Creator.

Quote:
Ha, I remember decades ago
when I was 19... an 85 year old women, artist,
in Key West, basically said the same thing as you ..blaming God for all the problems...
She went on and on about children and all the injustices.
At 19 I was amazed that she didn't know...HE didn't 'cause' any of these problems!
(I did feel special that day...I was young, so...)
Again I did not blame God for all the mess in the world. I am trying to understand how people who claim that their Creator is all powerful and gives them anything they ask for can think this way? I am trying to understand why you don't ask your all powerful Creator to put a stop to people and animals who are being abused by evil humans? Surely you would want to see an end to this and if indeed your Creator gives you anything that you ask for surely it would be no problem asking for this...right?

This is the problem I have with those who think they are protected by their Creator but that the people and animals who are suffering do not have their arms raised up to the Creator. It is Ludacris to think in this manner. How can a baby that is being sexually abused and then murdered have any idea about a Creator that can help them? This is just one analogy. There are many more examples. So according you your beliefs this baby that has not yet developed cognitive skills did not have it's arms raised high enough towards it's Creator? That makes zero sense.

So did this innocent child attract this horrific act to itself? Do the animals that are mistreated all over this planet attract that to themselves?

I for one have had my fair share of good attractions in my life but I created them. I did the mental, physical and spiritual work to make these things happen. I have had a very as you would say "blessed". But in no way would I claim that my Creator selectively chose me to help me out. I believe in past life lessons and accumulated good Karma and all of those lovely guardian angles and spirit guides that I connected with. I feel I have "protection" and lots of "good luck" in this lifetime but not because I have been selectively chosen by my Creator.

This quote by Seven Weinberg is spot on.

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”

Thanks for your replies but you did not really answer my questions.

And yes I have a tender heart

Last edited by TVC15; 03-02-2014 at 11:54 AM..

Old 03-02-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post

Feeling good=good things
Feeling bad=bad things
Nothing hard to see in that, quite logical in fact.

I totally agree with this. I don't think it is counter intuitive to people I just think lots of people don't reflect on this. Don't possess enough awareness to see that it works this easily.

I believe when people pray, meditate, use positive affirmations, chant, perform rituals or whatever other mental activity to help cultivate some good or positive outcome that they are tapping into the "source" that can help bring this into fruition. I believe everyone has a unique "source" or way to tap into that "source".

People who have limited or negative views are the ones who experience limited and negative lives. They shut out or block the good "Universal" energy.

People who continually work on maintain a balanced mind, body and spirit are the ones who are truly tapping into the good "Universal" energy.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Hi TVC,
Your questions are logical questions asked by so many for years and years
on forums...nothing I have ever said or others I have read have said,
has ever satisfied or clarified anything....ever.. that I have seen...as old as we sound to you,
believe me you sound to people like us. It is like a professional doubter that is firmly
planted in disbelief and his own logic.

It is the unbudgeable logical mindset. When "God" said in Jer 9:23 or there abouts..."know and understand me"
He meant exactly that...but how can "God" fit into such a pea brained logical mind with
vastly limited senses sending input into the mind? (The human mind...not yours, TVC)

There is way more going on than the eye sees.
The child being raped as Ab-Hicks talks about is a receptor...absorbing all the negativity around it.
While another person could say it is all karma from some past life...do u think I know the answer?
No, but I do know, all is not what it seems.

If you chose to focus on the murdered, tortured beings on this planet...have at it.
I'm with A-Hicks...let the troublemakers focus on their trouble....and let the peacemakers focus on
their peace.
Nothing is what it seems. That would be the best thing I could say to you...besides, stop being
so cemented in your beliefs and sit in simple stillness...(meditation)....why? Because the answers are within
you...not in me. But if your cup is already filled with anger or your opinions on how things
ought to be...guess what?... there will be no room for answers to come in.

My experience with questions like yours is they don't want answers...they want to be all
indignant about all the injustices.

I used simple examples about God's love for the one that rushes up to Him.
But still you found fault...the Sun shines on the murderer and the saint...I give up...
try to explain THAT! Makes no logical sense...the murderer should live in darkness and rain forever, right?
"Things are not what they seem."

Go inside for your answers...with an empty cup. They are all there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal