U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 12:24 PM

11,411 posts, read 19,394,003 times

Advertisements

Years ago, our marriage was in a bad place, I was in a bad place, hubs was in a bad place and things were just awful. An online friend who I was commiserating to told me in an email that all I gave out was bad bad bad negativity. And on our daily email -- I could still do that, BUT at the end of the email I had to give her three good things that I experienced that day. And it couldn't be the same things. I can still remember sitting at my desk in front of my computer screen after blowing out all the steam, so easy by the way, thinking and thinking of what was good.

But it got easier. And I started looking for the good things. And my mood lifted. I realized we were going through a bad patch.... but if I look around -- who isn't? It was me and my attitude that mattered.

Years later, we're still married, and back to happy. Are there things wrong? Yes -- life happens. I have a very sick little boy kitty and after losing one in January, I don't want another, especially at 10. That's not all that old. My cousin just died.

Contrast that to my ex best friend. She swirls negativity. It's what she puts out there and it's what she gets back. She fully expects to get hammered by life... and she does. And if she doesn't -- she does her level best to wreck all that's good. That's why she's an ex friend.

BUT -- that's also why LOA can be counter intuitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 12:42 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,375,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Hi TVC,
Your questions are logical questions asked by so many for years and years
on forums...nothing I have ever said or others I have read have said,
has ever satisfied or clarified anything....ever.. that I have seen...as old as we sound to you,
believe me you sound to people like us. It is like a professional doubter that is firmly
planted in disbelief and his own logic.
Again you have not answered my question only trying to slap a label on me because I question you. I am not a professional doubter.

Quote:
It is the unbudgeable logical mindset. When "God" said in Jer 9:23 or there abouts..."know and understand me"
He meant exactly that...but how can "God" fit into such a pea brained logical mind with
vastly limited senses sending input into the mind? (The human mind...not yours, TVC)
Why are you calling intelligent people pea brained limited mind? I see someone who just believes without truly assessing why they believe something as the pea brained limited mind.

Quote:
There is way more going on than the eye sees.
I totally agree with you here

Quote:
The child being raped as Ab-Hicks talks about is a receptor...absorbing all the negativity around it.
While another person could say it is all karma from some past life...do u think I know the answer?
No, but I do know, all is not what it seems.
How can it not be what it seems? You rape and murder innocent people and animals...it is exactly what it seems.

Quote:
If you chose to focus on the murdered, tortured beings on this planet...have at it.
I choose to live in reality. Look objectively all around me. So you think we should just turn a blind eye to the horrors on this planet? If you were raped and murdered should we just look away and pretend this evil does not exist? My focus is not murder and torture. It is a part of the reality of living on planet earth with humans.

Quote:
I'm with A-Hicks...let the troublemakers focus on their trouble....and let the peacemakers focus on their peace.
Trouble maker because I question statements that make zero sense? I guess that is one way to see it

Quote:
Nothing is what it seems. That would be the best thing I could say to you...besides, stop being
so cemented in your beliefs and sit in simple stillness...(meditation)....why? Because the answers are within you...not in me.
I do meditate and I do find my answers there but I do not meditate to find answers to what you posted. That is why I am asking you why you made the claims that you made. I wanted to understand how you came to think the way you do. No amount of meditation is going to give me the answer as to why you think you are more special than others. And why you don't ask your Creator who gives you anything you ask for to end the evil on this planet. To end the suffering on this planet. To end the us vs. them mentality. If your Creator gives you anything then why not ask him for this? If my Creator worked that way I would certainly ask him to do that for me.

Quote:
But if your cup is already filled with anger or your opinions on how things ought to be...guess what?... there will be no room for answers to come in.
Sorry dear my cup is not filled with anger just curiosity.

Quote:
My experience with questions like yours is they don't want answers...they want to be all indignant about all the injustices.
You pegged me wrong here. I am a sponge for understanding. I love to hear why people think the way they do. I love to have intelligent conversations and hear others perspective. Sorry you took it wrong when I asked you to explain. But to be honest the way you have answered is exactly what I expected. For 1000's of years people have been getting this same response when they question people who think they are more special than others...which is really no answer.

Quote:
I used simple examples about God's love for the one that rushes up to Him. But still you found fault...the Sun shines on the murderer and the saint...I give up...
try to explain THAT! Makes no logical sense...the murderer should live in darkness and rain forever, right?
Fault? I did not find fault I simply pointed out that you did make the analogy that God is selective in who he helps. I agree that is faulty thinking but it is not my faulty thinking.

Quote:
Go inside for your answers...with an empty cup. They are all there.
Miss Hepburn I am not lost and if and when I am I go inside for my answers...been doing this for a long time.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:48 PM

370 posts, read 448,761 times
I'm not trying to be snarky but I really don't see the problem. I've been studying LOA and Abe Hicks since 2007 (it's lessened as time has gone on but I still get the daily emails and I'm very much aware) and it's made total sense to me from the start. It's second nature to me.

Maybe it's just not your "style"? For example, I disliked the Secret very much when I first read it. I think at that time I was just not ready. But now, I can read the messages and not get annoyed but I still don't like the style. It's too fluffy and mainstream. Eckart Tolle (am I spelling it right?) is another I dislike...But some love him.

If you don't love Abe Kicks or don't get it, try TUTS/Notes from the Universe or Wayne Dyer. I think both are fun and have a bit of humor to them at times. I get the daily free notes from the Universe and sometimes I laugh at how easy it all is and laugh at myself for my making it so hard. Wayne Dyer speaks straight to the heart. Illyana Van Zant is another you might enjoy.

Best to you. Just jump in the stream!!!

Old 03-02-2014, 12:52 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Contrast that to my ex best friend. She swirls negativity. It's what she puts out there and it's what she gets back. She fully expects to get hammered by life... and she does. And if she doesn't -- she does her level best to wreck all that's good. That's why she's an ex friend.

BUT -- that's also why LOA can be counter intuitive.
I totally believe that what you put out comes back multiplied.

Negativity generates more negativity

Love generates more love

Good vibrations generates more good vibrations

I have observed through out life that many people are not aware of themselves. I have a very toxic mother. She is better now that she is older but her entire life has been immersed in limited thinking and as a result her life has been very limited and negative. I could not for the life of me get her to understand that her thoughts are the root of why her life is limited, as to why her body is not healthy. I tried for 45 years to get her to realize this...she never did. I think many people are in the same boat and no amount of discussion will open their minds.

Old 03-02-2014, 12:54 PM

370 posts, read 448,761 times
And that's why it's best to just focus on what you are doing...
It sounds to me you "get it". Maybe you just have lots of questions and no answers are coming?

Old 03-02-2014, 01:10 PM

12,506 posts, read 10,665,121 times
TVC, Then why do you ask me...if u are going inside?
This repeating that I think I am special is getting old. But, I DO know things.

Of course, I don't know u in person and questions have no tone..ok, so you have no anger
( I did say that off the cuff bec most people have that edge to them that keep asking and asking
for explanations about "your God" and why don't u pray for world peace.)
You don't know what I pray for, btw, just sayin.

God isn't selective, per se...but if I'm asking and receiving....and my friends are "asking" and
NOT receiving as I see happening....there is an issue in the "asking"...not God or that I'm more special.

I just know No.1 How to ask 2. How to receive
There IS a way, a formula, a method.

They example I used the one child running up to Dad and being thrown in the air and not the others?
My friends are NOT running to the Father...they don't rely on Him, they don't connect with His
Divine Presence even daily, let alone often thruout the day. They don't practice thought control,
Listen to spiritual CDs all day or read spiritual books from teachers all day.

There is a "way" to get a paycheck...you arrive on time and do your work...does that mean I am
more special than the guy that got fired, not doing his job? As I got promoted?

It is said, God does not respond to begging, He responds to faith.
I didn't say that, but it has been my experience...I. don't know if it is an absolute Truth...but
I have noticed it. My friends don't get why all this "stuff" comes to me ....when it doesn't come to them.

They are not understanding some keys to the Formula...I see that by listening to them.

Now...I'm on a tangent, I know, so,no again, I m not answering your questions....
I will never be able to ans ur questions, but I have a right to ramble on.

You "seem" logical and methodical...it is evidence in how you place the quotations boxes to address each point...not a
bad thing at all...I want that in a doctor, my mechanic...but it is not how I approach the mysteries of the Creator...if you can get
your answers that way about the Unseen, Spiritual World...have at it...I never did myself.

Old 03-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
TVC, Then why do you ask me...if u are going inside?
This repeating that I think I am special is getting old. But, I DO know things.
Because I go inside to find my personal answers not to ask for interpretation to your claims. I should be able to directly ask you since you are the one making the claim...after all it is simple human interaction. I should not have to go inside to find out why you think you are selectively more special than other humans.

Quote:
Of course, I don't know u in person and questions have no tone..ok, so you have no anger
( I did say that off the cuff bec most people have that edge to them that keep asking and asking
for explanations about "your God" and why don't u pray for world peace.)
You don't know what I pray for, btw, just sayin.
Dear Miss Hepburn I did not ask you to pray for world peace. After all people have been praying for world peace for 1000's for years and it has not happened yet I simply asked you to ask your Creator to wipe out evil since he gives you everything you ask for.

Quote:
God isn't selective, per se...but if I'm asking and receiving....and my friends are "asking" and
NOT receiving as I see happening....there is an issue in the "asking"...
Now we are getting somewhere. Why do you assume that they are not correctly asking just because they are not receiving? That is a huge assumption.

Quote:
I just know No.1 How to ask 2. How to receive
There IS a way, a formula, a method.
Then why not put and end to all suffering? If your method really works why not put an end to the suffering on this planet? You claim that it works for you then why don't you use your special gift to help the world?

Quote:
They example I used the one child running up to Dad and being thrown in the air and not the others?
My friends are NOT running to the Father...they don't rely on Him, they don't connect with His
Divine Presence even daily, let alone often thruout the day. They don't practice thought control,
Listen to spiritual CDs all day or read spiritual books from teachers all day.
Neither do I do the all day thing...and yet I am very very "blessed" I have received and continue to receive many many spiritual gifts. We are always connected to the Universe whether we know it or not. My truth is that I am always connected and protected.

Quote:
There is a "way" to get a paycheck...you arrive on time and do your work...does that mean I am more special than the guy that got fired, not doing his job? As I got promoted?
No it just means the he got fired for not doing his job. This has nothing to do with spiritual "pay outs". I think is has more to with cause and effect.

Quote:
It is said, God does not respond to begging, He responds to faith.
I didn't say that, but it has been my experience...I. don't know if it is an absolute Truth...but
I have noticed it.
Interestingly I have seen people beg and get what they need. I witnessed people pray and not get what they need. I have seen just plain and simple dumb blind luck happen to people who don't believe in anything. So from my observations it is not an absolute Truth.

Quote:
They are not understanding some keys to the Formula...I see that by listening to them.
Or it could just be their Karma, or the lessons they unknowingly came here to learn, or just the journey they have unknowingly set up for themselves. Who really knows? But I seriously doubt that is due to them not asking correctly.

Thank you again for your replies.

Last edited by TVC15; 03-02-2014 at 02:05 PM..

Old 03-02-2014, 03:45 PM

6,474 posts, read 10,017,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
Still waiting for answers to my questions.

Crickets . . .
There are no answers because it's a SCAM.

The Hicks people will have (and have had) people literally going crazy trying to think "happy thoughts" all the time. This is IMPOSSIBLE.

Hicks and all these other self-help gurus have taken something that's been around for ages and corrupted it.

The CEO of Lehman was a follower of this "think only happy thoughts" nonsense and fired anyone who came to him with bad news or the TRUTH of what was happening with the company. By the time the end came the SEC heads and other bankers treated him like the imbecile he was and didn't even invite him to his own bankruptcy hearing as they split the company up.

The bottomline is to write down your goals and then break THOSE goals down. Write affirmations being grateful that the goals have already passed and believe as though it has happened. Pay attention to your gut and the "signs" around you.

Sometimes what you want won't happen right away or may not happen at all. If it doesn't happen, then you must believe that whatever it is isn't meant for you at this time or something better is waiting.

Don't force things.

This is all I got.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:07 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,793,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
There are no answers because it's a SCAM.

The Hicks people will have (and have had) people literally going crazy trying to think "happy thoughts" all the time. This is IMPOSSIBLE.
Literally gone crazy? have and sources to back that claim? And not one of the sources that I have researched has ever said that we will be able to have happy thoughts 100% of the time. It is acknowledged that it is impossible. What is taught is how to deal with those feelings when they come up.

Quote:
Hicks and all these other self-help gurus have taken something that's been around for ages and corrupted it.
Corrupted it how? By getting paid?

Quote:
The CEO of Lehman was a follower of this "think only happy thoughts" nonsense and fired anyone who came to him with bad news or the TRUTH of what was happening with the company. By the time the end came the SEC heads and other bankers treated him like the imbecile he was and didn't even invite him to his own bankruptcy hearing as they split the company up.
Now that is a HOOT! A classic and perfect example of how LOA works....when in negative mode.
Lehman was NOT thinking only happy thoughts if he fired people for bringing him bad news. He is reacting to the news in a negative manner. And look what happened, the company fell apart.

Quote:
The bottomline is to write down your goals and then break THOSE goals down. Write affirmations being grateful that the goals have already passed and believe as though it has happened. Pay attention to your gut and the "signs" around you.
Sometimes what you want won't happen right away or may not happen at all. If it doesn't happen, then you must believe that whatever it is isn't meant for you at this time or something better is waiting.
Don't force things.
This is all I got.
That's some of it, but not all of it. Just writing goals down and breaking those down and writing affirmations and following the signs is not the bottom line. Not even close.
Bottom like is emotion and effort, attitude and action.
You got the 'don't force things', there is no need to force things when the Universe is lining things up for you. It is supposed to be easy.

Old 03-02-2014, 04:10 PM

10,608 posts, read 13,339,653 times
I don't follow that lady and couldn't even sit through one of her lectures.

However the answer is the same with all self exploration.

The ego is fighting for attention.

Hard; not hard.

Did you ever have a dog? Yes you can manifest the outcome with dogs. It's your energy. As a dog walker I do it all day long. And take responsibility when MY energy manifests the outcome I mostly caused. That's why hyper anxious people never have well balanced dogs. They are mirrors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or