U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 04:26 PM

9,276 posts, read 7,300,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
If your creator is so powerful then why does so much evil exist? Why are innocent animals and humans treated so horribly all across this globe?

Why don't you ask your powerful creator to put an end to the evil, ignorance and horrors that happen to innocent people?

I am sincerely interested in your answer to my questions.

Thanks and please take no offense I am only trying to understand.
These questions you ask are not new. There are answers to those questions. You may not like or agree with the answers, but there are answers. It's actually fairly simple.

I don't want to derail this LOA thread so I won't say anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 04:38 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,395,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
These questions you ask are not new. There are answers to those questions. You may not like or agree with the answers, but there are answers. It's actually fairly simple.

I don't want to derail this LOA thread so I won't say anymore.
Look no one said these questions are new. But no one has ever been able to hold onto their silly conditioned beliefs and at the same time provide a logical answer to the question. There is no big secret or mystery about the answer.

All people can achieve the LOA though the efforts of maintaining a balanced mind body and spirit. It is that simple. Some people need an elaborate method of achieving this. Some don't. Some people come into this planet and intuitively understand how to do this some have zero intuition on how to achieve this.

But make no mistake in thinking that it is a big secret. We are all made from the atoms that make up stars. We all have a direct connection to the Universe. If you strive to maintain a healthy balance in mind body and spirit then everything will line up and fall into place for you. At least that is how it works in my life. So I am speaking from my experience not from anything that I have read or been conditioned to think. The Universe guided me and at times dragged me into this awareness. I achieved it without being trained. I listened and trained myself.

I suppose those who can't achieve a balanced mind body and sprit or have the ability to still their minds and listen need to be trained but hopefully by a wise instructor. But I believe everyone can find the answers and train themselves...however practice and devotion to the cause has to be a priority in their life. This is the part that most can't achieve due to creating too many heavy attachments or allowed themselves to be conditioned in a way that prevents being able to maintain a balanced mind body and spirit.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:36 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
People like Hicks push the so-called law of attraction because it makes a lot of money for them.
this.

the whole LOA bs is nothing but telling people everything they love to hear. ie, just wish it and it will happen! no need to put in any work, just focus your thoughts and everything will work out just fine.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:13 PM

3,748 posts, read 5,817,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
this.

the whole LOA bs is nothing but telling people everything they love to hear. ie, just wish it and it will happen! no need to put in any work, just focus your thoughts and everything will work out just fine.
That is not all it is supposed to take. It does take effort, it takes the proper attitude, it takes not getting upset, it takes unifying with others with a like mind...I can go on.
And it's not always what people like to hear.
"One must come to terms with and realize that everything that they have experienced, good and bad, is ones own doing."
Generally people do not like to take personal responsibity, they have a need to blame someone else.
Then there is the issue of excuses and the need to change habits and make sacrifices. These are just more things that people will resist.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
That is not all it is supposed to take. It does take effort, it takes the proper attitude, it takes not getting upset, it takes unifying with others with a like mind...I can go on.
And it's not always what people like to hear.
"One must come to terms with and realize that everything that they have experienced, good and bad, is ones own doing."
Generally people do not like to take personal responsibity, they have a need to blame someone else.
Then there is the issue of excuses and the need to change habits and make sacrifices. These are just more things that people will resist.
I have to say that for me it came spontaneously. I believe I have been here many many times and due to this is why it came instinctively to me. I have been well guided and spent about 11 years in total focus on balancing my mind body and spirit. I kept my life free from attachments during this time. It was a wonderful journey that is still evolving. Most people don't have the freedom to commit to the cause...but I knew at a young age that I wanted to remain free to embark upon my journey for those 11 years. Too many young people make permanent life mistakes and thus create a life that is near impossible to have the time to devote to embark upon creating a balance in mind body and spirit. I can't speak for anyone but myself. I kept free and on the go and I truly thank the Universe and my spirit guides for all the guidance they provided to me. It takes a lot of work to remain free from attachments in your late 20's especially if you are a very interesting and beautiful girl. Everybody wants to get into your world and keep you for themselves. But I survived it and am thankful for the choices I made. I learned at a young age that many people want to pretend that they have it all figured out and then shove their reality on you. I realized early that most people will delay you in your spiritual development/awakening. I am thankful that I survived moving past those people and allowing what I deserve to manifest in my life.

Last edited by TVC15; 03-02-2014 at 10:52 PM..

Old 03-03-2014, 12:48 AM

10,546 posts, read 7,500,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I I kept free and on the go and I truly thank the Universe and my spirit guides for all the guidance they provided to me.
Embrace this, drop all your judgments re others' spiritual paths, and the Universe does indeed bless you.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:48 AM

12,660 posts, read 10,746,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
the whole LOA bs is nothing but telling people everything they love to hear. ie, just wish it and it
will happen! no need to put in any work, just focus your thoughts and everything will work out just fine.
Well, that's not true. Wishing doesn't have a lot to do with it.
There is so much groundwork.
And it has to do with healing, and dreams and realizing who you are, what you are
capable of, some might say opening to what we came here for...to be joyful, expansive,
co-creators with the Divine ....to realize our non-separation from the power that created
and sustains the Universe and the unseen dimensions.

If one wants to work within today's worldly model of how to be successful, that is fine...but, being
focused on that success, never doubting you will achieve success is all part of the LOA.
If one does the hard work putting in the hours, but is filled with doubt and lack of
focus on their goal...be it to be a CEO or built that dream house...it won't happen because something,
like a self fulfilling prophecy, can sabotage it.

It's not about sitting all day wishing for something, in other words.
This is a superficial understanding and displays the lack of research into the subject matter.
Sorry, but true, I felt it had to be clarified.

If I may add, Ab-Hicks "push" nothing. If you are interested ...there they are.
If not, there's the door. No seminar, no money, no buying of a book...there they are
for all to see on Youtubs or just skim thru the many books in a Thrift Store...Spend nothing.
On their CDs they say we are teaching this to those that are drawn to what they have to say.
(Paraphrase) So if u are not...don't have anything to do with them...no "pushing".

Old 03-03-2014, 11:05 AM

11,432 posts, read 19,448,624 times
Here's one for you. I have a old flip phone. For a while, I've been thinking of upgrading to a smart phone. I've been waffling -- my phone is fine, it works, I'm cheap. But the lure of having something I can carry pictures on (my flip phone SUCKS at pics) and can access pics of my grandies (grand niece and nephew) is something I've been wanting.

Well -- two nights ago, my sick cat threw up on my desk. And my phone. It happened sometime after we went to bed. My phone is dead. The place I go has ONE flip phone. My husband has it -- it's AWFUL.

Looks like I'm getting a smart phone.

As Bill Engvall says -- Here's your sign.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Embrace this, drop all your judgments re others' spiritual paths, and the Universe does indeed bless you.
I have no judgments about others spiritual paths. You did not hear me calling one judgment call. I merely asked for clarification on something in order to understand how one comes to think that they are specially selected by their Creator and thus gets anything they ask for. I was the one judged for asking.

I was analogized as:

a professional doubter that is firmly planted in disbelief and his own logic

pea brained logical mind withvastly limited senses sending input into the mind

I was also accused of:

blaming God for all the problems

choosing to focus on the murdered, tortured beings on this planet

being a trouble maker

being cemented in my beliefs

being angry

not wanting answers

It is too bad that people who claim to be religious are the ones who go on a rampage of judgment when anyone simply asks them to please explain how they came to thinking what they do. You seldom ever get a straight or logical answer...

It makes no difference to me if you believe that you are selectively helped out by your Creator...I just wanted to understand how one comes to believe in this.

As blessed on all the many levels as I have been in this lifetime I never came to the conclusion that it is due to me being more special or knowing how to ask the right way or whatever else people conjure up that creates the us vs. them dividedness. Thus I like to understand how people come to such conclusions.

Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM

12,660 posts, read 10,746,745 times
Well, ya know this is a forum...and we have all had many experiences in the past from forums...
Sometimes there are molds that people fit in...from years of experience and
sometimes mistakes are made.
If we could look into your eyes and not just see your words with no tone in print,
we/ I could feel differently, thus come off differently.
The Forums online are filled with professional debators...wow, you were one
outta many that says he is not...cool.
I already said I was sorry if I was wrong...would you like more?

You love lists and to rehash/hang onto the past...do you want an apology for each
Item on your list to be able to move on?

Or would you like to judge ME now? Not really knowing me either?
Lemme know.

Edit:And please do not refer to me as religious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or