U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 04-15-2014, 10:37 PM
 
Location: NW AR
2,438 posts, read 2,398,844 times
Reputation: 2283

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Rago View Post
Man, I couldn't get your point. Why do you think he's "blocked"? All I know is that usually it takes a while to someone who died to wake up and even realize he's dead. Two months it's a short time in my opinion.
My post is exactly what it said. Checkmate.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 04-16-2014, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,032 posts, read 8,730,323 times
Reputation: 8810
Quote:
Originally Posted by B. Rago View Post
I suppose that's normal. Two months is still a short time, is completely normal if he's still sleeping or a little numb. Is even possible that he hasn't been explained that his dead yet.

There are many reasons why a communication may take long. It's not easy for a spirit to connect a medium that will transcribe his message. That's a sensitive connection and any spiritist must have some training on his new condition to do so. And to each serious medium there are a large number of spirits waiting for the opportunity to send the message home. But, again, I think two months is still a short time.

Remember: it's not always possible that those who passed away send their messages to us, that stood here, would like to, but WE can always send our messages to them and say whatever we feel.

Two months in human time may seem like a long time, but remember, in the spirit world, there is no such thing as time, it does not exist.


Bob.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-16-2014, 05:01 PM
 
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
85 posts, read 105,066 times
Reputation: 97
That's correct, Bob. But I still think that, as an average time, two months of "the incarnated" is a short time at the spiritual world, based on what spirits tell of their experiences. And, although it is true that time in the spiritual world doesn't run as in the material world, I've always understood that this abstraction of time is a reality for very advanced spirits. For spirits that are still part of the reincarnation processes on our planet, I believe that in spiritual places like spiritual hospitals or spiritual cities time is very close to that in the material plane. I can't tell for sure, but that is the impression I get by the narration of André Luiz, because in many occasions he describes sun rise, the night, and sun set at the spiritual community he lives on, as well as in other institutions near the crust that he visits. And in practically all his books he mentions reunions with other spirits that should occur at a set time. That's why I think that, at least for spiritual communities that receive newly spirits from the material plane (those very near the crust), time runs very closely to time in the material plane.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,680,179 times
Reputation: 24067
I read somewhere about if someone dies very suddenly..sometimes, they don`t realize they are dead.
Like in a car wreck, or, perhaps in this case, a sudden massive heart attack. Who knows. I just thought I would throw that out there.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-16-2014, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,032 posts, read 8,730,323 times
Reputation: 8810
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I read somewhere about if someone dies very suddenly..sometimes, they don`t realize they are dead.
Like in a car wreck, or, perhaps in this case, a sudden massive heart attack. Who knows. I just thought I would throw that out there.
This I believe is the case, and brings me back to an experience I had when I first got into experimenting with EVP.
Matter of fact, my very first contact was with a spirit that I later learned was "lost", in limbo if you will.
I relayed my experience to Sarah Estep, who was a pioneer in the field of EVP.
Google her name and see she really was one of the first.
Sarah was the one that got me interested in EVP, and we talked occasionally on the phone, especially when I needed answers too something.
She suggested the spirit I had contacted obviously was incarnated into a body that died suddenly, and it didn't know it's human body was dead.
I remember the spirit sounded like a woman(but of course, spirits have no gender) and she was calling out for help.
I remember her words, and the passionate plea as she spoke.
"Help me, please help me".
She repeated that three different times before I lost contact.
I believe there are many spirits in limbo, and only through the help of other spirits will they find their way "home".

Bob.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-16-2014, 07:39 PM
 
Location: São Paulo, Brasil
85 posts, read 105,066 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I read somewhere about if someone dies very suddenly..sometimes, they don`t realize they are dead.
Like in a car wreck, or, perhaps in this case, a sudden massive heart attack. Who knows. I just thought I would throw that out there.
It doesn't even need to be very suddenly... I've heard stories of long life spiritists who passed away and stayed for a long time confused of what had took place... If a medium, someone who interacts with the spiritual plane at least once a week, does not realize that he is in the spiritual plane, you can imagine how is like to other people!

Normally when someone dies he is recovered in an unaware state by the spiritual team that had always assisted that person or his close ones to some hospital, and this person remains unconscious for a couple of weeks. At this primary stage, the mental activity is minimum. Then, after receiving magnetic passes from the medical team, the person begins to recover his conscience slowly. He can wake up for brief periods and them go back to sleep for days. The sleep in the spiritual plane is in fact what we think is the sleep here... We, incarnated, during our sleep, pass more time engaged in several activities than actually resting our minds... Spirits, when arrive at the spiritual plane, sleep a lot, but their sleep consist of resting their minds, after all, they don't have other dimension to go to.

The sleep of this person can be filled with dreams (dreams, too, in the spiritual planes mean dreams, that is mental images that make no sense, because, of course, our dreams when reincarnated often are remnants of the experiences we had during the sleeping period, although they often make no sense, too), and those dreams are good, calm, or anguished, according to the moral state of that spirit's conscience. The kind of vibration that the spirit receives from the people he left here also affects the kind of sleep he experiences, and that's even one of the main reasons the first thing that happens to someone after death is to be put on an inactive state: because, at first, his family and close friends get helped by the spiritual plane, so that when the spirit begins to awake, they can only help the process, and not transmit instability.

The family is then visited by the spiritual team whenever someone is praying and many times during the sleep, talking to the spiritual mentors, visiting places at the spiritual plane, taking classes and even visiting the sleeping deceased. When the period of distemper of the family is ended and the love ones are trained enough to help in the process, then the spirit awakes for good and is informed of his new condition.

Of course this period of time varies, but the process of both the family and the spirit getting used to the new characteristics of the relationship usually takes a while.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-28-2014, 03:49 AM
 
Location: Mid-Atlantic
29,462 posts, read 28,504,930 times
Reputation: 37204
I just had the dream, sign that I have been waiting for. Mom passed six months ago.

It was a terrific dream! It began in the house where we lived when I was a child (she brought one of the family dogs) and ended in a hospital where we shared a room. I left the room in the middle of the night and chatted and laughed with a group of nurses who were on a break. Mom was a career nurse. The date is significant. Also, I've been finding dimes all over the place for the past week... in stores, parking lots, the floor of my house. I don't know what that means.

For me, it seems that when I have stopped urgently, desperately seeking -- after an interminable pause --
that I finally receive what I need.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
16,224 posts, read 23,680,179 times
Reputation: 24067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I just had the dream, sign that I have been waiting for. Mom passed six months ago.

It was a terrific dream! It began in the house where we lived when I was a child (she brought one of the family dogs) and ended in a hospital where we shared a room. I left the room in the middle of the night and chatted and laughed with a group of nurses who were on a break. Mom was a career nurse. The date is significant. Also, I've been finding dimes all over the place for the past week... in stores, parking lots, the floor of my house. I don't know what that means.

For me, it seems that when I have stopped urgently, desperately seeking -- after an interminable pause --
that I finally receive what I need.

Awww..that's great news!! Happy for you!

I started another thread about receiving pennies from deceased loved ones...somewhere on here.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 AM
 
Location: Denver, Colorado U.S.A.
14,174 posts, read 24,681,052 times
Reputation: 10428
I never believed in spirits or even an afterlife of any sort until a couple years ago.

I never had anyone close to me die (I'm in my 40s) until my dog died. I had an extremely close bond with this dog, and it just about killed me to put her down. I cried every day for a long time.

Soon after my dog died, we rescued another dog, against my wishes since I was still grieving. Anyway, I had taken all of my dog's "things" and put them away in a safe place in the basement after she died. So about 2 months after her death, it began to get cold. One chilly evening, I turned on the fireplace. The rest of the family was upstairs and I was working in the office on the computer. The only light in the great room was that of the fire. I noticed the new dog sitting on the hard floor near the fire to get warm. So I decided to go get our previous dog's big pillow that she used to lay on by the fireplace and offer it to the new dog. I put her on the pillow, by the fire, and went back to the office.

After a few minutes, I started hearing an odd growling. It was very strange, so finally I left the office to see what was wrong. The new dog had left the pillow and moved to a landing on the stairs where she could look across the great room to the pillow and fireplace. She was trembling and growling. I called her to me and she came forward to the edge of the stairs, then yelped and jumped back, growling and trembling. So I went up and picked her up and she peed all over, shaking violently!

That's when I realized what was happening. My dog that had passed away was extremely possessive of her things and NEVER allowed another dog to get on her pillow. I took her pillow from the fireplace and put it back in the basement and then the new dog went back to normal.

Some people told me, "Oh, she just smelled the scent of your deceased dog on the pillow". But the new dog was introcuded to our home 2 days after my dog passed. Her scent was all over the house. I know that was her sweet, jealous little soul in our house! It made me feel much better knowing that she was around.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-01-2014, 12:39 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,032 posts, read 8,730,323 times
Reputation: 8810
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I never believed in spirits or even an afterlife of any sort until a couple years ago.

I never had anyone close to me die (I'm in my 40s) until my dog died. I had an extremely close bond with this dog, and it just about killed me to put her down. I cried every day for a long time.

Soon after my dog died, we rescued another dog, against my wishes since I was still grieving. Anyway, I had taken all of my dog's "things" and put them away in a safe place in the basement after she died. So about 2 months after her death, it began to get cold. One chilly evening, I turned on the fireplace. The rest of the family was upstairs and I was working in the office on the computer. The only light in the great room was that of the fire. I noticed the new dog sitting on the hard floor near the fire to get warm. So I decided to go get our previous dog's big pillow that she used to lay on by the fireplace and offer it to the new dog. I put her on the pillow, by the fire, and went back to the office.

After a few minutes, I started hearing an odd growling. It was very strange, so finally I left the office to see what was wrong. The new dog had left the pillow and moved to a landing on the stairs where she could look across the great room to the pillow and fireplace. She was trembling and growling. I called her to me and she came forward to the edge of the stairs, then yelped and jumped back, growling and trembling. So I went up and picked her up and she peed all over, shaking violently!

That's when I realized what was happening. My dog that had passed away was extremely possessive of her things and NEVER allowed another dog to get on her pillow. I took her pillow from the fireplace and put it back in the basement and then the new dog went back to normal.

Some people told me, "Oh, she just smelled the scent of your deceased dog on the pillow". But the new dog was introcuded to our home 2 days after my dog passed. Her scent was all over the house. I know that was her sweet, jealous little soul in our house! It made me feel much better knowing that she was around.
I had a similar experience a few months ago with my Shepherd.
I had to put my first Shepherd down about 7 years ago.
One of his favorite places to be was lying on the kitchen floor when ever I were in the kitchen (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
When I got my present Shepherd four years had passed from the time I had put the first one down.
The present Shepherd has never like being in the kitchen for very long.
He has always been that way.
To come and go from the house to the rear deck and back yard, he has to cross through the kitchen.
He has always done this with no hint of any distraction.
About three months ago, he was out on the deck, and as he entered the house, he stopped in his tracks, looked toward the area of the kitchen where my first Shepherd use to lay, and started to growl.
He then lowered himself as if he were stalking a cat, or other animal.
He stayed in that position for a few seconds, then retreated to the living room.
To this day, whenever he enters the kitchen, he cautiously looks at that area of the kitchen before crossing the floor on his way into, or out of the house.
Obviously the spirit of my first Shepherd was what spooked him that night three months ago.

Bob.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top