U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 06:52 PM

2,781 posts, read 2,658,903 times

Advertisements

I never received a sign, from my dad or poppy. Now I had a dream about seeing my grandpa, he smiled and hugged me. I was really close to him. His last birthday, the day after and 2 days after that I dreamed he died, 7 months later, damn it, it happened. When he died I had another dream but it was horrible. Soon after I had the good dream.
Rate this post positively

Old 05-04-2014, 08:38 PM

16,224 posts, read 23,673,070 times
I see pennies everywhere!!!

Old 05-07-2014, 12:20 PM

14,174 posts, read 24,673,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I had a similar experience a few months ago with my Shepherd.
I had to put my first Shepherd down about 7 years ago.
One of his favorite places to be was lying on the kitchen floor when ever I were in the kitchen (cooking, cleaning, etc.)
When I got my present Shepherd four years had passed from the time I had put the first one down.
The present Shepherd has never like being in the kitchen for very long.
He has always been that way.
To come and go from the house to the rear deck and back yard, he has to cross through the kitchen.
He has always done this with no hint of any distraction.
About three months ago, he was out on the deck, and as he entered the house, he stopped in his tracks, looked toward the area of the kitchen where my first Shepherd use to lay, and started to growl.
He then lowered himself as if he were stalking a cat, or other animal.
He stayed in that position for a few seconds, then retreated to the living room.
To this day, whenever he enters the kitchen, he cautiously looks at that area of the kitchen before crossing the floor on his way into, or out of the house.
Obviously the spirit of my first Shepherd was what spooked him that night three months ago.

Bob.
Yes, sounds similar! My new dog won't sleep on my bed where the deceased doge used to always sleep, and sometimes I see the new dog looking, as if she's watching something move away from that spot on the bed. Very interesting experiences.

Old 05-07-2014, 12:45 PM

174 posts, read 275,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Well...its been almost 2 months since my EX passed away suddenly, and still haven`t received a "sign" from him or a dream, telling me that he was ok. I think that would help me to be able to close this book.
Our son is wanting a chance to tell him "goodbye" as well. He has had a couple brief dreams.
I have had several after-death communications over the years, some from people I would have "expected" and some from people I never would have expected. I have likewise never had any after-death communications from several people I would have "expected." Based on many years of study and experience, I believe that (1) some people are better "receivers" than others, which is why some of the "unexpected" ones may have contacted me, and (2) there is no rhyme or reason to the contacts -- so it's even possible that some of the deceased are better "transmitters" than others. (I hasten to add that all of my ADCs have been very brief, somewhat meaningful contacts and have been few and far between. I don't want to make it sound as though I am some sort medium.) I used to participate on the Hello From Heaven! after-death communication message board, and it was really heartbreaking to see how DESPERATE many people were for communications and how they would delude themselves by thinking that every found penny, every butterfly, every flower and every other song on the radio was a "sign" from some loved one. I guess it's a harmless delusion, but it struck me as very sad.

Old 05-09-2014, 08:46 PM

Oh...but wait!! I have had 2 dreams of him within a week apart!!! The first one I walked up to his apt door. and saw he was bent over packing boxes. I said, hey..you moving? He stood up and smiled, and said ya.
The next dream we were at our old house. I walked thru the kitchen and looked up and saw him standing there at the door, with our son on his hip.. he was smiling.. I was surprised to see him. but that's it. I just remember seeing him and then nothing else. Maybe there will be more later.
He was standing outside looking in.. I was in, looking out.
Maybe this means that we are trying to find each other, even through death! ?

Old 05-09-2014, 09:03 PM

Ya` know...it really is sad. I know I was desperate to see him, but I am lighting up on the useless energy, and just forgetting about it.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:00 PM

7,017 posts, read 8,721,677 times
I have to ask.
Just what were you expecting when you were hoping to hear from him?
Let me tell you a little of what my research tells me about dreams.
When we dream, that is the time our spirit within takes leave of it's human bondage.
All that the spirit experiences while on it's sojourn IS our dream.
That is what dreams are.
Sometimes we dream in relation to something that may have happened in our lives, or maybe something we saw, something we did,etc.etc.
These events come back to us in dreams.
Remember, our spirit is our life and existence.
What we experience, the spirit experiences also.
Now, you had two dreams of your ex, and perhaps you only felt "it's just a dream".
It was far more than a dream.
Your spirit, while you were fast asleep, went searching for your ex.
Obviously your spirit, and the spirit of your ex have known one another before.
When they met, your spirit allowed you to witness that meeting.
You felt the spirit was on the outside looking in, while you were on the inside looking out.
Your spirit, for what ever reason wanted to keep it's distance from the spirit of your ex.
They were not in close contact, and perhaps that is as it should have been at the time.
I think many believe they are separate from their spirit, that each live a separate existence, even though the spirit lies within each of us.
I believe they are one in the same, and as humans, we are acting out all that the spirit sees, thinks, and does.
In your dream you actually saw your ex as though it were in real time.
It was in real time, the time you slept, and your spirit wandered.
So, you absolutely have made contact with him, and be grateful for that, as brief as it may have been.
There may be other times ahead when you will once again meet.
Just because the contact was not what you were expecting, know well that it was contact with your ex.
Consider yourself fortunate in that you were able to remember that segment of the dream.
Most upon waking have no idea they were dreaming, because they have no recollection of the dream.
Your spirit made sure you would be in this dream as a witness to their meeting.
I get the feeling you were not satisfied, and felt unfulfilled with this dream.
Again, what were you expecting?
This is a long post, and there is something I would like to share with you regarding dreams, so I will start another post below.
Bob.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:48 PM

7,017 posts, read 8,721,677 times
Now, let me share with you some real time, actual conversation I had with my deceased partner, that had a follow-up in a dream.
He has been gone for 23 years now, and over the years, we have communicated constantly, mostly at night when I am getting ready to retire for the night.
His words are like a whisper in my ear, and a few time the voice was heard normally as I would hear anyone speak.
One night in particular in a contact, he told me "Bobby, I am happy".
My reply was "what has made you happy"?
"You will know soon" came his answer.
At this point I need to give a little background.
My partner came from a poor family, and he was lucky to get a grade school education, let alone any further education.
He had often remarked before he died that he wished he could have been a teacher.
It was something he always wanted, but it was out of reach for a poor rancher's son, and as an adult, opportunities were few and in between.
I tried to help with his education, but he just couldn't grasp it.
He died, not ever coming close to his ambition.
After his death I soon found myself involved in study of paranormal behavior, and the after life.
Years of research, and experimenting has been a rewarding experience to say the least.
I am able, as I stated earlier, to communicate on a nightly basis with him, and I don't know of many so gifted.
Getting back to the conversation we had one night when he stated he was happy;
The following night I went to bed and once the light was out, I remembered I had not contacted him as I did every other night.
I was physically tired from a hard day at work, and had forgotten.
I sat up in bed,reached over to turn on the lamp by the bed, thinking of him, and before I could say one word, he spoke into my right ear.
"Bobby sleep, sleep".
I started to say I was sorry for not contacting him, but I could tell he was no longer in the room.
I laid back, and fell asleep.
The dream was short, and to the point.
I felt as though I were weightless, floating in thin air.
I could see what was ahead of me, but nothing of what was under me.
Then, my J.R. (that was his name) was there to meet me.
He was extremely excited.
"Come Bobby, I did it".
With no more words he led me to a large school, and into a classroom.
I sat in the rear of the classroom, and he went to the front of the room, and began teaching the class.
He was as tall and handsome as ever.
I was overjoyed at what i were a part of.
I remember I cried I was so proud of him.
Then I woke from my dream, and cried some more.
He had become what was an impossibility for him while in this life.
The dream my spirit allowed me to share will always be with me for as long as I live.
Often when I think of J.R., a smile comes to my face, and I am content in the knowledge that he is where he wants to be, and has achieved what he couldn't here in this life.
Dreams are very real, and we that are part of them are indeed fortunate.
Bob.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:29 AM

Thanks all!!!

Old 05-10-2014, 11:46 AM

13,764 posts, read 22,397,381 times
I think this thread has run it's course, and I'm closing it down....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.