U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:38 PM

8,247 posts, read 4,533,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
This is a fascinating thread with some excellent opinions and advice. I was thinking about the advice regarding anti-depressants and the "sensitive's" brain activity. I've noticed in my life, there were times I wasn't psychic and other times I am more so. I never thought much about it's relationship to the meds I'm taking at the time (and I've taken all sorts since I have fibro-myalgia and migraines) but perhaps, just perhaps, by altering one's brain a bit with anti-depressants, etc, the haunted person might be less receptive to the hauntings.

On the incident of being held down in bed: that has happened to me in one of my most haunted bedrooms. It was dreadful and I was fully convinced someone did it. Other guests who have slept in that room felt someone sitting on the bed. My doctor insists the holding down is a sleep disorder symptom and nothing more.

One of my amazing discoveries: It seems when I run my room ionizer, there is much LESS paranormal activity. I spoke with one of the paranormal investigators and he said that isn't surprising since spirits seem to manifest themselves more often when certain electrical conditions occur: think of horror movies - ghosts appear during thunder storms!!!

So.... it makes you wonder if certain people's electronegativity rate is more likely to encourage these paranormal events.

I am fascinated by all this and obviously believe everyone's "stories". I wish I had some sure-cure advice for those who are haunted, those seeking dead relatives (I lost a fire fighter brother a year ago - on duty death and to this day, no one in the family can "find him" psychically - where is he!!), etc.

But know this, it doesn't matter if you are religious or an atheist. There is good and there is evil in the world. It is the INTENTIONS of us all that can manifest good or evil spirits. Be strong and DO NOT allow evil into your life or home.
First, you have to acknowlege that these things exist. All humans have these abilities, but some are more gifted or talented than others, so to speak. Next, you need to realize that YOU control these abilities, not them you. It is up to you to remain open to it, or to close it. You can, and should, know and learn to say NO, and mean it. Otherwise, they will control you.

Sometimes it takes a very long time, and a lot of pain, to do this, but anyone who is a Sensitive has to learn this lesson in life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 01:23 PM

455 posts, read 897,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, OP, I used to live in Miami so I know about Santeria, and I have to say, I don't hold a lot of sympathy for people who sacrifice animals in their "healing" rituals.

As for the practice of Wicca, I have yet to meet a single Wiccan who has paranormal activity because of what they practice.
I have to agree with everything you've said re Wicca and Santeria. I don't think Wicca generates this kind of energy. ON THE OTHER HAND...I think Santeria does and I have my suspicions that, as in the OP's case, its negative energy may persist down through the generations.

I could be completely wrong. I have had close associations all my life with Cubans and Cuban/Americans in Florida who have related incidents...even when they weren't the practitioner. For all I know, it might just be cultural or sociological and opposed to paranormal.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,397,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
First, you have to acknowlege that these things exist. All humans have these abilities, but some are more gifted or talented than others, so to speak. Next, you need to realize that YOU control these abilities, not them you. It is up to you to remain open to it, or to close it. You can, and should, know and learn to say NO, and mean it. Otherwise, they will control you.

Sometimes it takes a very long time, and a lot of pain, to do this, but anyone who is a Sensitive has to learn this lesson in life.
I am a sensitive. My only suggestion to the OP is make some type of video and upload it to UTube and then perhaps post it on here. Nothing that evades his privacy or anything and it wouldn't be guaranteed.. but maybe I could pick upon something. It would have to be kind of long also. Just the basic bones of the house really..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal