Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 08:21 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times

Advertisements

Also, while I am thinking about it.. it really came on strong when I was around 23 years old. IT was so strong, I knew when people were going to hurt before they knew they were going to get hurt. ( Example- a friend of mine broke her arm and I knew she was going to get hurt somehow) It was so strong, I couldn't handle it. That example wasn't the only thing I was receiving, but everything and anything was coming through. I got down on my hands and knees and SCREAMED that I couldn't handle it anymore.

After that, I thought it was over but it just died down. I have premonitions of all kinds of things that are way beyond what I can understand.. so I started taking medication. Especially, at night. Oh, AND THAT won't work ( if I am truly suppose to know something) and that made me even more mad.. because I was making an effort to be knocked out. But it will work most of the time. Recently, I started taking a mild anti-depressant during the day.. so trust me, I do everything I can possibly do to avoid it. Mainly, because there is nothing you can do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2014, 11:19 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
When my husband & I were first dating, he was looking at me and I HEARD him say "Beautiful" loud & clear even though he didn't say anything. That was the only time I recall hearing it-but half the time I know what he is thinking anyway. Actually, I usually know what people are thinking but that is another story-but this was the only time I HEARD it.

He told me that he once heard his sister say something even though she didn't say anything but she said that she was thinking it.

Has anyone else heard the thoughts of others?

Cat
That's about the only thing mentioned here that hasn't happened to me. The closest that I've come to your experience is thinking that I may have heard another say something, but there was background noise or I couldn't understand what was said, thought.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:27 AM

1,780 posts, read 3,931,766 times
Quote:
When my husband & I were first dating, he was looking at me and I HEARD him say "Beautiful" loud & clear even though he didn't say anything. That was the only time I recall hearing it-but half the time I know what he is thinking anyway. Actually, I usually know what people are thinking but that is another story-but this was the only time I HEARD it.

He told me that he once heard his sister say something even though she didn't say anything but she said that she was thinking it.

Has anyone else heard the thoughts of others?

Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I have a lot of it and I am certainly not boasting. It works for other people but nine times out of ten, has nothing to do with me. SO, sometimes I just want to be greedy and want it to work for me ( somewhat of self pity but not really) but it won't work. I haven't won the lottery or a free pair of shoes.

It really only works through me if I become EXTREMELY close to an an individual. Then again, that's not always the case either. Sometimes, I can just look at people for a split second and know something. I've even found a persons child they never knew they had ( Seriously) I looked at a lady one time and knew she was going to die and she did. ( I knew she was very sick but she had no idea) It took a year and half and she was gone. I knew my partner was going to die before HE knew he was going to die and I couldn't say anything. So, I had to keep that information TO MYSELF ( which nearly killed me) and he was diagnosed with cancer a year later.

Those are just a few examples and again it's just something I've always had.. but I also get lazy with it.,, because it's never about me and I really can't express it to anyone. Mainly because it's a future sense. You can't tell people they are going to pass before they know anything is wrong. And no, it doesn't happen all the time and sometimes like I said, I feel like it a wasted effort. There is not a whole lot you can do with it anyway.

But then again, it's always been a love-hate thing with me. If it doesn't happen for a little while, I miss it. Then, when it happens-- it shocks me! Then I get mad because I don't understand what I am suppose to do with it. Sometimes, I am just suppose to know ( I guess) that maybe the meaning is there is much, much more around than we think.

I can testify to that and I personally know it.
Thanks for the response, greenflute. paranormal abilities can be quite disturbing and I wonder if hearing someone speak in their mind and precognition are related, two slices of the same pie?

Here's something more to think about: I listen to theoretical physicists occasionally- Laurence Krauss, Mikeo Kaku, etc., and one of them proposed a theory that time is actually running backwards to what we recognize, so that some people can pick up on events in the future and translate them into the present. Crazy stuph, but I've heard wilder assertations!!!

Last edited by JoanD'Arc; 04-11-2014 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: The longer I live the less I can spell!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
Thanks for the response, greenflute. paranormal abilities can be quite disturbing and I wonder if hearing someone speak in their mind and precognition are related, two slices of the same pie?

Here's something more to think about: I listen to theoretical physicists occasionally- Laurence Krauss, Mikeo Kaku, etc., and one of them proposed a theory that time is actually running backwards to what we recognize, so that some people can pick up on events in the future and translate them into the present. Crazy stuph, but I've heard wilder assertations!!!
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I even had a premonition of the Iraq war before it even happened ( like 20 years before it happened) I knew that an individual would want to have their home paid off because the government would own your loan ( 25 years ago) so I never took vacations and put more money towards the house and the government did own the banks at one time, but 25 years before that, I would have been committed. While I didn't see 9/11, I knew after 1998, it would not be safe to get on a plane.. but I didn't know why ( That's just old stuff) Thanks for sharing that..I know I've needed to talk about this stuff for many years but it just feels good that I can do it. So, I have been shown a lot of things.. so I think the key point is knowing there is something far greater than we know. Seriously. ( I also hear you on the spelling thing-- LOL!)

Old 04-11-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that. I even had a premonition of the Iraq war before it even happened ( like 20 years before it happened) I knew that an individual would want to have their home paid off because the government would own your loan ( 25 years ago) so I never took vacations and put more money towards the house and the government did own the banks at one time, but 25 years before that, I would have been committed. While I didn't see 9/11, I knew after 1998, it would not be safe to get on a plane.. but I didn't know why ( That's just old stuff) Thanks for sharing that..I know I've needed to talk about this stuff for many years but it just feels good that I can do it. So, I have been shown a lot of things.. so I think the key point is knowing there is something far greater than we know. Seriously. ( I also hear you on the spelling thing-- LOL!)
I know those feelings... things are going to happen and the thought just remains in our heads because no one would believe us!! The ones you mention would make anyone batty! lol

Note: It's not just the spelling!! Typing is abysmal!

I have other stories also, but I'm afraid we might be highjacking the OP's thread.

So, OP, how far would you allow us to take your original thought? Or should we just start a new thread??

Old 04-11-2014, 05:19 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,281,784 times
Quote:
I know those feelings... things are going to happen and the thought just remains in our heads because no one would believe us!! The ones you mention would make anyone batty! lol

Note: It's not just the spelling!! Typing is abysmal!

I have other stories also, but I'm afraid we might be highjacking the OP's thread.

So, OP, how far would you allow us to take your original thought? Or should we just start a new thread??

Topics have a tendency of straying. It is just the nature of the beast.

Cat

Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Topics have a tendency of straying. It is just the nature of the beast.

Cat

Thanks for the reply. Looks like we have a "go!"

Old 04-12-2014, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I'll jump back in here (hoping I'm not the thread-ender!!)

Speaking of premonitions, I had a dream about the Bush (II) presidency that turned out to be true. I won't go into details because that might lead to a political fight!!

One member of my family, a female, knows when any female member of our family is going to die. She has a hard time with it, and doesn't speak of it before the fact. Her son inherited that and didn't know how to handle it until he told her, and she helped him sort it out.

Another member of my family has had to, in the past, fight to keep herself from having out-of-body experiences. She had one strange experience involving her husband doing it at the same time, with her!!

I could go on but maybe someone else has some experiences to share.

Old 04-12-2014, 10:59 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
I could comment to every post since my own, but is be all over the place. These are the kinds of conversations I enjoy!
On the matter of 'mind to mind'- some people are receivers, and some people are senders. Of course anyone and everyone is both, but one out weighs the other in most.
I seem to be a very loud sender to those who are receivers.

I was a bartender for a while. I would show up to work early and shoot a game of pool and have a coke. Occasionally I'd have sprite or water.
One day as I pulled into the parking lot, before I got to shut of my truck, I acknowledged a craving I was having. I wanted milk. My internal dialog went something like 'I want a milk, not coke.' I gathered my stuff and went into the bar. The tender/coworker/friend came to where I sat down and straight up said, "you want some milk?"

To the fuzzy pre-cog; how to develop.
My father was a visionary- post-cog and pre-cog. My first psychic experience was clairaudient, but my strongest sense is claircognizant followed by clairvoyance. I discovered the strength of my abilities when I started learning to read tarot cards and would do readings for other people. I began to have flashes of a scene or some simple imagery of an item, I'd get a 'knowing' and instant 'story' would come to me.

Learning tarot may or may not work for you. And there is not a designated set of steps to take to develop your ability. You will have to find what it is that helps you strengthen your ability, and it depends on the ability type/sense.
However, there are some standard things to consider.
Imagination- work it! Write stories; draw, even if you don't have talent for it and even just doodle. Make up 'movies' in your head when sitting someplace where there are people about the people you see. For example: you are sitting at a busy bus stop. You know there will be three busses that come and go before your bus. Of those also waiting, guess who will get on what bus and who will be waiting still when you get on your bus.
Awareness: we all have a 'monkey mind' that rambles an internal dialog about things happening in our lives and the things we often think and focus on. But, there is a second 'voice' that interjects comments into this dialog. It can be difficult to 'capture', but if you pay attention, have the awareness, you learn quickly what that voice 'sounds' like. Be aware of what this voice says. Example: my BIL was using my husbands can to go to work. It was about 5 minutes past the time that he should have been home and my monkey mind was trying to figure out why he was 'late' (5 minutes is not a big deal right? Could be just talking to someone or getting gas). As my mind went through the 'logical' possibilities, the thought 'he had an accident' interrupted the mundane ideas goin through my head. 5 minutes turned to 20, then 40...about an hour and a half after be was to be home, we get a call. It's from a nurse at the hospital. He had been in an accident, he was Ok, had to get some stitches, but we were called because someone needed to come get him.
I was not surprised since it had come to me earlier, surely my reaction when speaking with the nurse made me sound unconcerned and cold....oh well.
Another thing, especially for visionaries, keep a dream journal. Know that most dreams will be focused on yourself in meaning, but by recording them, you will discover the nature and form of dreams of your own subconscious communication versus a dream that is a vision about something 'outside' yourself. Also be aware that dreams that are premonitions may not play out exactly. Where a car in the dream is green, it could be red in reality. So consider mainly the bare bones of the event and the specifics, like color, location and such, second.

When one begins to work their psychic ability, anything is possible. While one may be mostly be clairvoyant and working that ability, don't be surprised if you begin to smell or hear things. Working the stronger of the abilities awakens the lesser abilities.
And to add to that, just because (for example) someone 'always' gets a psychic impression by way of dreaming, or when touching something (called psychometric), does not mean that this is the only way that things will come. Be open, don't try and second guess how an impression will come. When focusing on something to get an impression, don't get stuck waiting or looking for that impression to come in the way that is usual and what you are accustomed to.

Old 04-12-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
I'll jump back in here (hoping I'm not the thread-ender!!)

Another member of my family has had to, in the past, fight to keep herself from having out-of-body experiences.

I could go on but maybe someone else has some experiences to share.
I've done that before or time travel. I use do it a lot more than I do today. At first, it was kind of innocent thing where I didn't know the rules. I visited several people that I knew in some other dimension, but I don't who they are here in my present surroundings.. Then it got more personal. I knew a engineer that passed at 100 and I didn't know he had passed. One night in a dream, he explained to me everything that was on his mind ( engineers are like that) and the whole time he was talking to me.. he had no emotion and the place was very cold. He was on a cement slab sitting at 90 degree angle just talking away. It was important for him to say the things he needed to tell me. So, I called one his friends the next day and he had passed two months before that. I asked why didn't she call and tell and she said the obit was in the newspaper.

When my partner died.. I was broken, so I made the trip. (I really didn't want to and don't like to because the rules are you are not suppose any of that back. It's a universal law) SO anyway, I talked with him and he wasn't ready to talk because he missed me and didn't like the fact that he had passed. Since then. I have not done it. If I do it, I can usually feel it coming on for a couple weeks, but after that last encounter.. I don't want to bother anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal