U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 03:04 AM

7,155 posts, read 3,576,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Another member of my family has had to, in the past, fight to keep herself from having out-of-body experiences. She had one strange experience involving her husband doing it at the same time, with her!!
I'd like to hear more about that. I'm not sure that would related to the thread topic so perhaps a new thread would be in order?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 03:38 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,603,982 times
Wow, this is a lot to think about. Thanks for sharing... I'll try to work my way through your responses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I could comment to every post since my own, but is be all over the place. These are the kinds of conversations I enjoy!
On the matter of 'mind to mind'- some people are receivers, and some people are senders. Of course anyone and everyone is both, but one out weighs the other in most.
I seem to be a very loud sender to those who are receivers.

I was a bartender for a while. I would show up to work early and shoot a game of pool and have a coke. Occasionally I'd have sprite or water.
One day as I pulled into the parking lot, before I got to shut of my truck, I acknowledged a craving I was having. I wanted milk. My internal dialog went something like 'I want a milk, not coke.' I gathered my stuff and went into the bar. The tender/coworker/friend came to where I sat down and straight up said, "you want some milk?"

To the fuzzy pre-cog; how to develop.
My father was a visionary- post-cog and pre-cog. My first psychic experience was clairaudient, but my strongest sense is claircognizant followed by clairvoyance. I discovered the strength of my abilities when I started learning to read tarot cards and would do readings for other people. I began to have flashes of a scene or some simple imagery of an item, I'd get a 'knowing' and instant 'story' would come to me.

Learning tarot may or may not work for you. And there is not a designated set of steps to take to develop your ability. You will have to find what it is that helps you strengthen your ability, and it depends on the ability type/sense.
However, there are some standard things to consider.
Imagination- work it! Write stories; draw, even if you don't have talent for it and even just doodle. Make up 'movies' in your head when sitting someplace where there are people about the people you see. For example: you are sitting at a busy bus stop. You know there will be three busses that come and go before your bus. Of those also waiting, guess who will get on what bus and who will be waiting still when you get on your bus.
Awareness: we all have a 'monkey mind' that rambles an internal dialog about things happening in our lives and the things we often think and focus on. But, there is a second 'voice' that interjects comments into this dialog. It can be difficult to 'capture', but if you pay attention, have the awareness, you learn quickly what that voice 'sounds' like. Be aware of what this voice says. Example: my BIL was using my husbands can to go to work. It was about 5 minutes past the time that he should have been home and my monkey mind was trying to figure out why he was 'late' (5 minutes is not a big deal right? Could be just talking to someone or getting gas). As my mind went through the 'logical' possibilities, the thought 'he had an accident' interrupted the mundane ideas goin through my head. 5 minutes turned to 20, then 40...about an hour and a half after be was to be home, we get a call. It's from a nurse at the hospital. He had been in an accident, he was Ok, had to get some stitches, but we were called because someone needed to come get him.
I was not surprised since it had come to me earlier, surely my reaction when speaking with the nurse made me sound unconcerned and cold....oh well.
Another thing, especially for visionaries, keep a dream journal. Know that most dreams will be focused on yourself in meaning, but by recording them, you will discover the nature and form of dreams of your own subconscious communication versus a dream that is a vision about something 'outside' yourself. Also be aware that dreams that are premonitions may not play out exactly. Where a car in the dream is green, it could be red in reality. So consider mainly the bare bones of the event and the specifics, like color, location and such, second.

When one begins to work their psychic ability, anything is possible. While one may be mostly be clairvoyant and working that ability, don't be surprised if you begin to smell or hear things. Working the stronger of the abilities awakens the lesser abilities.
And to add to that, just because (for example) someone 'always' gets a psychic impression by way of dreaming, or when touching something (called psychometric), does not mean that this is the only way that things will come. Be open, don't try and second guess how an impression will come. When focusing on something to get an impression, don't get stuck waiting or looking for that impression to come in the way that is usual and what you are accustomed to.
I see you have had a lot of experience with this. Thanks for the suggestions. I do try to test myself occasionally by trying to predict, but it doesn't seem to work that way with me. When there is a "message" for me, I just "get it." It's a very different feeling from just getting a right guess. It's more like a mental door opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
I've done that before or time travel. I use do it a lot more than I do today. At first, it was kind of innocent thing where I didn't know the rules. I visited several people that I knew in some other dimension, but I don't who they are here in my present surroundings.. Then it got more personal. I knew a engineer that passed at 100 and I didn't know he had passed. One night in a dream, he explained to me everything that was on his mind ( engineers are like that) and the whole time he was talking to me.. he had no emotion and the place was very cold. He was on a cement slab sitting at 90 degree angle just talking away. It was important for him to say the things he needed to tell me. So, I called one his friends the next day and he had passed two months before that. I asked why didn't she call and tell and she said the obit was in the newspaper.

When my partner died.. I was broken, so I made the trip. (I really didn't want to and don't like to because the rules are you are not suppose any of that back. It's a universal law) SO anyway, I talked with him and he wasn't ready to talk because he missed me and didn't like the fact that he had passed. Since then. I have not done it. If I do it, I can usually feel it coming on for a couple weeks, but after that last encounter.. I don't want to bother anyone.
I don't think I have ever had any experiences like that, except maybe flying in dreams. The dreams are to a specific place and are recurrent. I wake up wondering if it was a dream or real. Probably just a dream, though. That sounds pretty cool, though. Does it bother you.. make you anxious or anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'd like to hear more about that. I'm not sure that would related to the thread topic so perhaps a new thread would be in order?
I'm not sure I can say any more about it. This was a member of my family so I don't think I can say too much. It was just a simple exchange between them.

You might read through the thread regarding your second statement. We just addressed that.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:09 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,395,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
I don't think I have ever had any experiences like that, except maybe flying in dreams. The dreams are to a specific place and are recurrent. I wake up wondering if it was a dream or real. Probably just a dream, though. That sounds pretty cool, though. Does it bother you.. make you anxious or anything?
No, not the way it happened. I was guided for about two weeks before it happened. Before, during and after his funeral, I kept getting behind black cars in traffic. He had an older black car that was kind of unique. The car wasn't made any more but I was getting behind black cars that were newer and the same manufacturer. I started picking up on this early. So, when I did dream about it.. I was following his black car that led to a medical facility. I don't remember walking in the door. Then we were in the medical facility (or his large room) but no doctors or nurses were there. You could see the lab coats draped on the back of chairs but no people. When I got there, I said, "Where is all the doctors and nurses"? He said" My name and then said it not like that here". Then we proceeded to sit at a little table and I said "Are you really dead'? He said "I'd rather not say". Then it was all telepathic communication after that. He wasn't ready to talk and it was too early when I visited. Then we started laughing and giggling in his bed there and that turned into wrestling under the sheets and I knew I had to go. We were laughing and giggling so that helped. I guess after getting under the sheets I managed to come back but I knew it left him a little distressed, because he couldn't see me again.. ( you really can't stay very long anyway)

Basically, he was worried about leaving me alone. He wasn't ready to talk. It was too early but in reality he'd been gone for a couple of months.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-13-2014 at 04:28 PM..

Old 04-16-2014, 06:04 AM

71 posts, read 66,209 times
A friend of mine whom I like, I can usually hear his thoughts, it's kind of funny as he always asks me what am I thinking.

I can be telepathic sometimes, but it's usually very annoying.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuterure2006 View Post

I can be telepathic sometimes, but it's usually very annoying.
It's exhausting. I don't find it annoying, The guy that I mentioned that had a child for 10 years and didn't know it until I told him, at the time I just felt a lot of young female energy around him that was all giggles and laughs. You know pink blankets, and barbie dolls, bath soaps and fingernail polish. It was a very sweet type of energy that was very playful and I am sure she is very sweet and very smart

The way it turned out is he is single but doesn't know his purpose in life and somehow, I was put in his path to find that. so.. he's on cloud nine now.

Anyway-I am exhausted.. Just to step into that presence for just few moments is utterly exhausting and takes SO MUCH! I don't know if people realize that or not but I really miss it, when I don't have it.

To Cat-- Thanks for starting the thread. Good topic! I'll send you a friends request when I am not too tired to figure it out and have more time!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:54 AM

16,224 posts, read 23,659,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
No, not the way it happened. I was guided for about two weeks before it happened. Before, during and after his funeral, I kept getting behind black cars in traffic. He had an older black car that was kind of unique. The car wasn't made any more but I was getting behind black cars that were newer and the same manufacturer. I started picking up on this early. So, when I did dream about it.. I was following his black car that led to a medical facility. I don't remember walking in the door. Then we were in the medical facility (or his large room) but no doctors or nurses were there. You could see the lab coats draped on the back of chairs but no people. When I got there, I said, "Where is all the doctors and nurses"? He said" My name and then said it not like that here". Then we proceeded to sit at a little table and I said "Are you really dead'? He said "I'd rather not say". Then it was all telepathic communication after that. He wasn't ready to talk and it was too early when I visited. Then we started laughing and giggling in his bed there and that turned into wrestling under the sheets and I knew I had to go. We were laughing and giggling so that helped. I guess after getting under the sheets I managed to come back but I knew it left him a little distressed, because he couldn't see me again.. ( you really can't stay very long anyway)

Basically, he was worried about leaving me alone. He wasn't ready to talk. It was too early but in reality he'd been gone for a couple of months.
Was that the last time you had a dream about him?

Old 04-18-2014, 09:45 AM

27,070 posts, read 26,448,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
When my husband & I were first dating, he was looking at me and I HEARD him say "Beautiful" loud & clear even though he didn't say anything. That was the only time I recall hearing it-but half the time I know what he is thinking anyway. Actually, I usually know what people are thinking but that is another story-but this was the only time I HEARD it.

He told me that he once heard his sister say something even though she didn't say anything but she said that she was thinking it.

Has anyone else heard the thoughts of others?

Cat
yes, it's happened to me, many times when I was young, innocent, trusting and extremely loving. You are an ol soul, and those who this happens to....

very wise and in touch with others beyond oneself.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Was that the last time you had a dream about him?
I haven't. That was the last time. I just knew.. so I was fine with it. I did have a roommate about two years after he died that said he could feel a male, dominate presence in my house.. but I have never felt it or I am just use to it. Don't know.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 04-18-2014 at 10:41 AM..

Old 04-18-2014, 11:23 AM

5,565 posts, read 3,992,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, it's happened to me, many times when I was young, innocent, trusting and extremely loving. You are an ol soul, and those who this happens to....

very wise and in touch with others beyond oneself.

I wouldn't say that I am an old soul, maybe a middle aged one. Seriously, (going off on a tangent here), I know I am an older soul than most but there is still so much more for me to learn. I am far from the end of my journey.

Cat

Old 04-18-2014, 11:41 AM

27,070 posts, read 26,448,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
I wouldn't say that I am an old soul, maybe a middle aged one. Seriously, (going off on a tangent here), I know I am an older soul than most but there is still so much more for me to learn. I am far from the end of my journey.

Cat
Cat seriously, do you know what an old soul is? HOpe you don't think I was suggesting you are old.

My friend and I watched a 7 year old child prodigy and she said, "he's an old soul". That is what I meant...it's one heck of a compliment...

I believe you've been here before, many times, that is what an old soul is, someone who knows, without knowing, so to speak. (wink)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal